• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthem

Anthem

@MIMedGrower
Say just checking in, did you figure out what is causing the yield to drop. I know you have some concerns about the RA coming back but I want to say you debunked that one.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower
Say just checking in, did you figure out what is causing the yield to drop. I know you have some concerns about the RA coming back but I want to say you debunked that one.

Yeah the bugs stunted my roots. I have not seen them or damage from them since the third drench of botanigard.

plus the roots got compacted from all the flooding and didnt drain or dry well after.

I expected the results i got. I pretty much am just nursing them to harvest.

got more seedlings going to try again.

Thanks for asking bud. I wish i had known to use the imid twice in 2 weeks as the pesticide migrates up out of the roots and might not be effective long enough.

i will treat properly this round. Well soon with the young plants. Need 6-8 weeks to leach it back out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Veg tent 3 days later. Not much to report. Lol.

I can say that even in the first couple weeks growth foliage pro helps keep the plants from stretching more than the ozmocote. Likely from foliage pro using mostly nitrate. I am used to stretchier plants with pure blend pro. More ammonium in that.

I mention this because it doesn't come up often. And it is even more noticeable than light spectrum.

Unseen potassium deficiency can result in taller lankier plants too.

Full Pic
14FBF58E D961 4FC1 BC67 BA92E8CC75B9

Girl Scout Cookies front 3 Foliage Pro
F79C7FA7 147B 4141 A17D 6A85BE5AB164

91 Oranges back Ozmocote
34B5F689 B5B1 436A B4F4 C403096A51B7

Chocolate Diesel back Foliage Pro
3AF35218 533A 4265 BC31 A7F208E9FDE7

91 Oranges front Ozmocote
60DC3254 5563 48ED 803A 379EE13A9C45

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

As a grower attempting to just stfu and stays hands off during veg, what are you looking for in the first five or six weeks from seed? Like what constitutes good health?

i dont do any training and mostly have used potting soil like ocean forest so just unadjusted well water and transplants up from cup to 1 gal to 3 gal.

but i wanted to ditch the organics to get rid of the springtails so i could identify root aphids easier. So now just enough foliage pro and protekt to keep the plants a nice medium green. And keep adjusting the height relative to the lamp to keep the leaves flat and happy looking.

I was hoping the ozmocote would replace the organic nutrient inputs in ocean forest for a water only veg but i see some light striping on the older plant from too high ec or a deficiency. Not sure but it took her 2 sets of leaves to work it out. I strive for no issue veg and a vigorous plant going into the flower room.

I feel i have said too much and not answered your question. What can ya do?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
i dont do any training and mostly have used potting soil like ocean forest so just unadjusted well water and transplants up from cup to 1 gal to 3 gal.

but i wanted to ditch the organics to get rid of the springtails so i could identify root aphids easier. So now just enough foliage pro and protekt to keep the plants a nice medium green. And keep adjusting the height relative to the lamp to keep the leaves flat and happy looking.

I was hoping the ozmocote would replace the organic nutrient inputs in ocean forest for a water only veg but i see some light striping on the older plant from too high ec or a deficiency. Not sure but it took her 2 sets of leaves to work it out. I strive for no issue veg and a vigorous plant going into the flower room.

I feel i have said too much and not answered your question. What can ya do?
When you say leaves flat do you mean edges or from stem through petiole to leaf is parallel-ish with ground?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
i deficiency. Not sure but it took her 2 sets of leaves to work it out. I strive for no issue veg and a vigorous plant going into the flower room.
Right so if a plant just needs a node to work something out in veg and those leaves look like sh*t.....then....🤷‍♂️ Try to do better next time but mostly it's whatever? So long as it's looking vibrant going into flip?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Right so if a plant just needs a node to work something out in veg and those leaves look like sh*t.....then....🤷‍♂️ Try to do better next time but mostly it's whatever? So long as it's looking vibrant going into flip?

well im dialing in and comparing new systems to me with the pro mix i havent used much yet either. So i dont know what to expect yet as far as what i am causing and what is just the plant. But for the most part what else can you do. Get the plant back growing right and flip to flower.

but my best results have always been the most uneventful grows.

fast recovery is tantamount to results. The slow recovery from the bugs again and then the root drenches hurt my average yield by half.

So we do the best we can and if we want perfect crops pick a plant and keep running it over and over until you got it right.

and then dont lose the beauties to root aphids. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know what you mean MIMed..Ive found the G spot with flat leaves right at a height of 8 8 1/2 inches using t5ho 24w x4 room temp 24.7-25.7 humidity 70 and 250ppm at day 17..

thats pretty close to where i end up. 8” from the tubes at week 3-4 and about 75 degrees farenheight. I dont like to have humidity that high though. Usually hovers around 50%.

Madmax

Madmax

I did have it slightly less .a few tutorial sites had bout that so i thought is try it .goes down to 52% after fan finishes exhausting down to 24.7..if it got warmer in room i could lower it as im using the extraction fan on temp inkbird atm and when they are bigger i unplug it and plug it into the dehuey inkbird for over night..bit of mucking about but it works..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Whew that is cheap! Since the border shut down due to flu the locals here are lucky to find a gram for $200, and its not even half coke, Its all been stepped on hard apparently... Or so im told. I dont touch that shit anymore for many reasons.

But we can get weed or mushrooms for $80-100/oz.

Opposite here we still hear about bricks found floating off the coast once or twice a year, being it’s so cheap and available we have a lot of crack addicts on the street.

Weed is top $ here whole reason I stated my garden, shitty seedy Mexican brick week yes we can still find it $100 a zip something decent run ya closer to $200 a zip some guys are gettin $80-100 a 1/4 for quality !

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Veg growing steady.

not going to be room for all these in the 3x3 for too long so I may have to flower a couple early.
2816599A 58FC 4FAF 92B2 3B5F0C6D2901

Ozmocote Plus and well water only doing a great job.
95ADC2F8 AAD2 472D 8D4A C0BE9838E9F1

Protekt and Foliage pro for these.
3CEA941F 0400 4F6A A824 1235A04D5E08

Other Chocolate Diesel in back
422C7F2C 696E 4BA5 B03D 249CCEF4D5A6

good ol’ T-5 flourescents. Sun System Lamp still works great after 6 years. I prefer GE 6500k bulbs. 18 month change outs. Half of these are ready to go.
935A1462 7387 4343 88DF 58F8E8BEE567

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Blue Lemon Thai #1

The first sprouted and the worst damaged by the root aphid recurrence.

and these are kind of sensitive to grow like OG’s anyway. But again wisome patience and nursing here she is during week 12. She is about 80% cloudy 20% clear trichomes with no amber so likely needs one more watering. Been giving just 2 ml foliage pro to keep her going.

this pheno usually has a flyin’ high kind of smiley high to her. And a deep citrus flavor. Great for kayaking on the river. The trees look like pastel cartoons when the light is right. Love thaiweed even in a hybrid.

But pretty ugly girl by now. Sorry hon. ;-)

89138A70 909A 4748 B6AC D92E43DA7895
38B08EF3 E5B1 4B44 8C01 46D2879F8FB8
32DD0266 1EB0 4B57 92E6 A93F3EBBA32E
01364F61 D7F6 41A9 A178 C06F0AE10D48

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Blue Lemon Thai #1

The first sprouted and the worst damaged by the root aphid recurrence.

and these are kind of sensitive to grow like OG’s anyway. But again wisome patience and nursing here she is during week 12. She is about 80% cloudy 20% clear trichomes with no amber so likely needs one more watering. Been giving just 2 ml foliage pro to keep her going.

this pheno usually has a flyin’ high kind of smiley high to her. And a deep citrus flavor. Great for kayaking on the river. The trees look like pastel cartoons when the light is right. Love thaiweed even in a hybrid.

But pretty ugly girl by now. Sorry hon. ;-)

View attachment 1067988View attachment 1067989View attachment 1067990View attachment 1067991
I say she's a foxy lady. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom