Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

They are so difficult to beat. In fact when they appear my philosophy is to control them rather than beat them. If you going in with the idea of eliminating them 8/10 times you will fail. At that point its all about controlling the population. Its that bad

That's the route I took, and all I did was remove the leaves with the most bite marks and burn them, I like to burn them, gives me great satisfaction and a sense of well being. 🙂

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
They are so difficult to beat. In fact when they appear my philosophy is to control them rather than beat them. If you going in with the idea of eliminating them 8/10 times you will fail. At that point its all about controlling the population. Its that bad
Personally, I think I've got something that will entirely eliminate them, forever. I'm sure of it. I had spidermites for over 5 years, and beat them stone cold ded in 1 month with this stuff, never seen another mite since, it's that good. I've probably spent thouand's of dollars over the years trying to kill them, with predators and "magic" solutions. No more.

chemistry

chemistry

Personally, I think I've got something that will entirely eliminate them, forever. I'm sure of it. I had spidermites for over 5 years, and beat them stone cold ded in 1 month with this stuff, never seen another mite since, it's that good. and I've probably spent thouand's of dollars over the years trying to kill them, with predators and "magic" solutions. No more.

If it involves fire Frank, then I'm in. 🔥🌋

chemistry

chemistry

Ya bro i smoked them. I know its disgusting but at that time with all the pests i went through i was just like im gona kill them one way or the other, and to be honest i had great pleasure

I'm just trying to imagine a bowl full in my bong, and me blowing smoke rings to the music of thousands of burning mites, sing you little bastards. 😁

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I'm just trying to imagine a bowl full in my bong, and me blowing smoke rings to the music of thousands of burning mites, sing you little bastards. 😁
I did do a bud wash to be fair, not as many cracklings has id like but one way or the other i wasnt gona lose to those little bastards

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Wow. Thats a lot to deal with. The root aphids were basically invisible. I didnt know what to look for and when the fliers started i thought they were gnats. They were kept at bay and simply yellowed my leaves and reduced my yield mysteriously as i harvest a plant every week or two and kept throwing the bugs away with my root balls.

we had a heat wave early summer. Thats when things got out of hand. First time i had trouble with heat since i moved here but it got hot fast and early and all night.

then the plants got bad. Much worse. I threw awaybor harvested all plants and cleaned everything and left the rooms empty a month. Lots of info in this thread. But lots of pages to get through. Lol. We talk alot on our theads.

I think that's the story for most actually, summer heat is always and issue and during the fall heat, it's when bugs proliferate again and go into that last reproduction cycle of the year, peaking at the time of harvest, and bugs are always going to seek out the weak or ripened plants, they can smell or taste them, I believe.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I can relate its like they communicate with eachother (Lets just play dead and wait for this dude to switch), That is very strange they never moved up, mine were all over it, sticky bud mites, i hate those things bro
I think there's cues, and other factors at play. temps, atmospheric conditions, humidity, wind, rain among them. I've kept wind on plants to protect them during infestations, the vigor/health of the pant helps immensely, adequate silicon levels build resistance, also oil production can be a factor, UV lights, there are countless factors that directly effect bug activity. spidermites are always going to stay on the undersides, unless their in reproductive mode, that's when they start spinning silk.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
unfortunately i didnt have so much webs to trap them 😅 i sense you have a genuine hate for those things
Yes, I like putting them under magnification and cutting off their 8 legs, sometimes I just do one side, that way they spin in tighter circles as I finish them off.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What is this solution you are using frankster?:) for the sake of education
well it's main ingredient is soybean oil, but it's the molecular structure of the soybean oil, what I've done to it, and a few additives, I don't want to go too in depth. ever heard of a colloidal micelles?

that's the basic chemical structure. it helps protect the surface of the leaf, and it makes water surface tensions work a little better, helps kinda lubricate molecules moving around, and promotes a moist well buffered environment. fluid dynamics, also (maintains proper pH) it does several things at once actually, and it's a basic "carrier" for delivering targeted nutrients, or treatments for pest.

for outdoor plants, it not only prevents pest, but also protects against extremes of heat, (drought) and extreme cold, (freezing temps), or wet rain. (builds repellency), molds "slip" off it, hydrophilic, antifreeze qualities. it's pretty amazing, and it's entirely organic plant based.

It joins a water & oil molecule, making them miscible, and evenly distributed in solution, it creates a stable structure. I dissolve the eggs with a bit of citric acid/ascorbic acid, (and some other things) and they die by suffocating in the adult stage. it's quite brilliant strategy, because it enhances overall plant health while killing the bugs.

I've effectively killed both spidermites and fungus knats, I even made the fungus knats (in my worm bin) just to kill them again, actually.

800px Phospholipids aqueous solution structures
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Is it an organic solvent?
it's made from organic products, chiefly soybean oil, yukka, guar gum, yes, and it becomes a solvent, yes. It is the most amazing organic cleaning agent I've ever witnessed, it only leaves a slight residue if you over do it. (mix it too strong 2TBSP per 1000ml, 1TSP during mid-late flower) otherwise, completely clean. I'm interested in getting some independent labs done actually, because I think things are cleaner, all the way to the day of harvest even. The stuff can cleanse between trichomes, without ever really touching them. it repels thc

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Cross-linked micelles (SCMs) can be tuned in multiple ways including surface functionality, internal content, and water or oil solubility. Channels and voids can be created inside. Catalytic groups on their surface or in the hydrophobic core behave differently from those in bulk solution as a result of their unusual microenvironment. They can be made to break apart in response to specific stimuli and release entrapped molecules or deliver surface activity. Their facile synthesis and potential for multifunctionality make them an extremely versatile platform for controlled release, molecular recognition, and catalysis

Micelles probably are the most common surfactant assembly experienced by any person. Even if the person has never heard of the term, he/she relies on surfactant micelles for daily cleaning tasks of all sorts.

It's not perfect, is not magic, but it most certainly works, and it's by far the best solution to this problem that I've witnessed, and I've seen many. Anything is going to leave some residue, but this one is by far, the cleanest I've ever seen, and it's based upon firmly established, evolving nano particle science. I love the innovative idea of it.

Works sorta like NPK mighty might, but far more effective.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My kelp mixtures are the same way, there slightly alk going in, but acidify quickly, I think it's a microbial/enzyme reaction possibly, and usually happens over a day or so. My auxin/peptide/amino stuff is too. Personally, I'm always trying to consider what microbial activity will do, ahead of the curve and keep it within a certain range of 6 -> 6.5
as a general rule of thumb, I think this: if it's organic, it's alive and changes ph over time, usually toward the acid continuum.

but i did it myself with ph down.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
man, working on the second brownie and it look like cameras out on the tree on my patio looking in on me. lol, must be the rain drops. i always get wacked out so easy.
watching:

Invaders

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom