Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I upped the osmocote plus dose when i transplanted 91 Oranges #2 to her 3 gallon final pot. She has 6 teaspoons of prills spread around the top 3 inches of soil rather than the 3 the first plant got.

She has only received well water since sprouting. She is not as strong and thick as the dyna grow plants but is compact and quite branchy.

Reference pic

C7D9C128 6774 4B8B B5B8 60A2A81C3699

honestly if she pulls even 3 oz i will have to say this is the easiest grow i have tested. I literally sprinkled measured teaspoons of little pellets around the pot and watered. No adjustments with my source water needed. And a reminder to the ph happy crowd. My water is .3 ec (150 ppm) and 8.0 ph usually. It needs no adjustment according to every reputable nutrient greenhouse guide and my plants. Which are not yellowing this round. I ph’d every input to 6.2-6.3 before. And it eventually acidified my pots. Even with the silica. Adding acid should be considered a last resort measure for the soil grower IMO.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I upped the osmocote plus dose when i transplanted 91 Oranges #2 to her 3 gallon final pot. She has 6 teaspoons of prills spread around the top 3 inches of soil rather than the 3 the first plant got.

She has only received well water since sprouting. She is not as strong and thick as the dyna grow plants but is compact and quite branchy.

Reference pic

View attachment 1086366

honestly if she pulls even 3 oz i will have to say this is the easiest grow i have tested. I literally sprinkled measured teaspoons of little pellets around the pot and watered. No adjustments with my source water needed. And a reminder to the ph happy crowd. My water is .3 ec (150 ppm) and 8.0 ph usually. It needs no adjustment according to every reputable nutrient greenhouse guide and my plants. Which are not yellowing this round. I ph’d every input to 6.2-6.3 before. And it eventually acidified my pots. Even with the silica. Adding acid should be considered a last resort measure for the soil grower IMO.

Will you be using any training or growing it naturally?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Will you be using any training or growing it naturally?

hey hows it going?

I bend them if they are going to get too tall for my space. Which is 30 inches over the pot. This one may stay natural structure as i have over a foot of height yet and she started to flower. If she stretches more i have to bend her but this plant is too compact for best results with late bending. Not sure how she would end up.

the diesel plant above was bent and toed down day 12 or so and was fast growing with nice stretchy branches so she became a bush easy.

I find i can get nice solid flowers all the way down the branches (with some luck) if i keep the depth to 30” under the 600’s.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

hey hows it going?

I bend them if they are going to get too tall for my space. Which is 30 inches over the pot. This one may stay natural structure as i have over a foot of height yet and she started to flower. If she stretches more i have to bend her but this plant is too compact for best results with late bending. Not sure how she would end up.

the diesel plant above was bent and toed down day 12 or so and was fast growing with nice stretchy branches so she became a bush easy.

I find i can get nice solid flowers all the way down the branches (with some luck) if i keep the depth to 30” under the 600’s.
Hey im good, how you

I do training on all my ladies except for those with unfortunate weak genetics, im sure we all have had that one seed from the bunch that just seems weak, i grow those naturally I find that what we are aiming for by training isnt as productive in yields as it would be in a healthy plant, Thats just me but LST at most for those ladies

chemistry

chemistry

chocolate diesel 1
View attachment 1086362

chocolate diesel 2
View attachment 1086363

91 Oranges 2
View attachment 1086364

91 Oranges 1 (first osmocote test plant getting too much or too little nutes like i was afraid of. )
View attachment 1086365

The 91 Oranges 1 is a weird one, looks over fed, but shows deficiencies, is it a thirsty plant? I had one a little bit like this, and all it needed next run was more water with its feed, don't know why it needed more water than its counterpart, but it did. Choclate Diesel 2 has a nice flat conopy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah for sure. Also different phenos may need different techniques. If i had known how the squat girl would grow beforehand i would have topped her into a bush in veg. I reveg cuts from flowers i like sometimes and dial them in real nice after a few runs. But if i dont know with a seed plant i stay loose and try to work with them.

Some sativa leaners i end up pinching and bending almost every branch to keep them under my height limit.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The 91 Oranges 1 is a weird one, looks over fed, but shows deficiencies, is it a thirsty plant? I had one a little bit like this, and all it needed next run was more water with its feed, don't know why it needed more water than its counterpart, but it did.

she had too little osmocote and when i added some dyna grow to supplement she did not like it at all. Lol. So i watered only the next time but got a low 1.0 ppm again so i added more osmocote. She is not quite dry. But close. Maybe i will just water her and see if she starts taking up the nutrients. I wont add more ferts til i check some runoff anyway.

you know bud. Thank you for the tip. Im going to go check her out. Again. Kinda late in the cycle with 3 hours to go though for watering.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Yeah for sure. Also different phenos may need different techniques. If i had known how the squat girl would grow beforehand i would have topped her into a bush in veg. I reveg cuts from flowers i like sometimes and dial them in real nice after a few runs. But if i dont know with a seed plant i stay loose and try to work with them.

Some sativa leaners i end up pinching and bending almost every branch to keep them under my height limit.

Those Sativas can be a pain if you dont keep the hight in check, my frist grow was a sativa so you can imagine the forest mess i had to deal with. Yea the different phenos and requiring different techniques is what makes growing exciting. I like a challenge in my grow. Just dont give me the mites

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those Sativas can be a pain if you dont keep the hight in check, my frist grow was a sativa so you can imagine the forest mess i had to deal with. Yea the different phenos and requiring different techniques is what makes growing exciting. I like a challenge in my grow. Just not mites

man i have been dealing with root aphids after 7 years with no bugs other than a few gnats that went away with less plants or less watering.

Looks like i may have got them all now.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

man i have been dealing with root aphids after 7 years with no bugs other than a few gnats that went away with less plants or less watering.

Looks like i may have got them all now.

All of them?? Man thats tough! In this last grow i had was probably my most challenging one in all my years dealing with pests, I moved close to a ranch, so I got EVERYTHING. I was growing in coco.

First gnats, its common im watering often multiple times a day so i expected it, they not a big deal. Than a few weeks later, Im seeing track marks on my leaves, as if someones troubled son was doing some scribbling art. Well it was Leaf Miners,

Sorted out the Gnats and leaf miners, a month later...aphids. At this point im already starting see smoke coming out of my ears. Sorted that out eventually

Things went well for a while was beginning to plan my 12/12 switch, within that same week..surprise surprise...small little white spots on leaves begin to appear..yes sir they had to join in at the pest gathering party...Spider Mites

At this point i wanted to cry, spent a month fighting them even when I thought i had beaten them i still sprayed for a week, waited for a couple days with no signs, so i flipped my plants and 2 weeks later they B*** show up like they had just won a hide and seek game.

Boy did I want to burn down the whole grow room 😆

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow. Thats a lot to deal with. The root aphids were basically invisible. I didnt know what to look for and when the fliers started i thought they were gnats. They were kept at bay and simply yellowed my leaves and reduced my yield mysteriously as i harvest a plant every week or two and kept throwing the bugs away with my root balls.

we had a heat wave early summer. Thats when things got out of hand. First time i had trouble with heat since i moved here but it got hot fast and early and all night.

then the plants got bad. Much worse. I threw awaybor harvested all plants and cleaned everything and left the rooms empty a month. Lots of info in this thread. But lots of pages to get through. Lol. We talk alot on our theads.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Wow. Thats a lot to deal with. The root aphids were basically invisible. I didnt know what to look for and when the fliers started i thought they were gnats. They were kept at bay and simply yellowed my leaves and reduced my yield mysteriously as i harvest a plant every week or two and kept throwing the bugs away with my root balls.

we had a heat wave early summer. Thats when things got out of hand. First time i had trouble with heat since i moved here but it got hot fast and early and all night.

then the plants got bad. Much worse. I threw awaybor harvested all plants and cleaned everything and left the rooms empty a month. Lots of info in this thread. But lots of pages to get through. Lol. We talk alot on our theads.
Yes takes me years to get through your guys threads 😆

chemistry

chemistry

All of them?? Man thats tough! In this last grow i had was probably my most challenging one in all my years dealing with pests, I moved close to a ranch, so I got EVERYTHING. I was growing in coco.

First gnats, its common im watering often multiple times a day so i expected it, they not a big deal. Than a few weeks later, Im seeing track marks on my leaves, as if someones troubled son was doing some scribbling art. Well it was Leaf Miners,

Sorted out the Gnats and leaf miners, a month later...aphids. At this point im already starting see smoke coming out of my ears. Sorted that out eventually

Things went well for a while was beginning to plan my 12/12 switch, within that same week..surprise surprise...small little white spots on leaves begin to appear..yes sir they had to join in at the pest gathering party...Spider Mites

At this point i wanted to cry, spent a month fighting them even when I thought i had beaten them i still sprayed for a week, waited for a couple days with no signs, so i flipped my plants and 2 weeks later they B*** show up like they had just won a hide and seek game.

Boy did I want to burn down the whole grow room 😆

Here's a strange thing, I've had spider mites the take residence in my last two grows, both times in flower, how do they know? (little bastards) So rather than spray my buds with insecticides, I left them to see if I could live with them for a couple of weeks, just to see me through flower. And guess what? They on both counts stayed at the bottom of the plant, in the darkest part of the under growth, and never moved up? Why? Only thing I can come up with is, if they kill the host plant, they have no where to live and they'll kill their own colony.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Here's a strange thing, I've had spider mites the take residence in my last two grows, both times in flower, how do they know? (little bastards) So rather than spray my buds with insecticides, I left them to see if I could live with them for a couple of weeks, just to see me through flower. And guess what? They on both counts stayed at the bottom of the plant, in the darkest part of the under growth, and never moved up? Why? Only thing I can come up with is, if they kill the host plant, they have no where to live and they'll kill their own colony.

I can relate its like they communicate with eachother (Lets just play dead and wait for this dude to switch), That is very strange they never moved up, mine were all over it, sticky bud mites, i hate those things bro

chemistry

chemistry

I can relate its like they communicate with eachother (Lets just play dead and wait for this dude to switch), That is very strange they never moved up, mine were all over it, sticky bud mites, i hate those things bro

I could write you a book on my hate for these little creatures, one third of which would be bad language. 🤬 I've been told that they do communicate with each other through scent, they can walk past each other and know who is female and who is male, and the males can scent out any females not already carrying eggs. If they're that advanced then they may have a form of speech we don't understand.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

Reference pic

View attachment 1086366

My kelp mixtures are the same way, there slightly alk going in, but acidify quickly, I think it's a microbial/enzyme reaction possibly, and usually happens over a day or so. My auxin/peptide/amino stuff is too. Personally, I'm always trying to consider what microbial activity will do, ahead of the curve and keep it within a certain range of 6 -> 6.5
as a general rule of thumb, I think this: if it's organic, it's alive and changes ph over time, usually toward the acid continuum.

Last edited:
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I could write you a book on my hate for these little creatures, one third of which would be bad language. 🤬 I've been told that they do communicate with each other through scent, they can walk past each other and know who is female and who is male, and the males can scent out any females not already carrying eggs. If they're that advanced then they may have a form of speech we don't understand.

They are so difficult to beat. In fact when they appear my philosophy is to control them rather than beat them. If you going in with the idea of eliminating them 8/10 times you will fail. At that point its all about controlling the population. Its that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom