Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi, have you ever had plants too big for their pots and not transplant? I recently inherited 2 - 5ft trees in 20L buckets. The roots are growing 6-8-10" out of the bottoms of these buckets. I had no room to veg them so into the flower room with them. I would normally just give them a larger pot but I've not done that to plants after they go into the flower room. I'm not sure what to do...

.I don't think I could cut the bottoms off the buckets without damaging the roots coming through the drain holes. I could put the bucket and all into more soil in a larger pot but is there any point doing that? The roots don't look all that healthy but there is quite a bit of them. Trim them off? Or do Nothing? those seem to be my options.

Any advice on this conundrum?

i dont think it would hurt them to just trim the roots back and flower. Mother plants kept long term get root trimming and then back in to the same pot to keep them at size.

My experiments were smaller plants flowered in 1 gallon pots. They just needed water and nutes every day or two instead of 3 and yielded lower obviously.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi, have you ever had plants too big for their pots and not transplant? I recently inherited 2 - 5ft trees in 20L buckets. The roots are growing 6-8-10" out of the bottoms of these buckets. I had no room to veg them so into the flower room with them. I would normally just give them a larger pot but I've not done that to plants after they go into the flower room. I'm not sure what to do...

.I don't think I could cut the bottoms off the buckets without damaging the roots coming through the drain holes. I could put the bucket and all into more soil in a larger pot but is there any point doing that? The roots don't look all that healthy but there is quite a bit of them. Trim them off? Or do Nothing? those seem to be my options.

Any advice on this conundrum?

Might fill the pots up to the top for support too.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i dont think it would hurt them to just trim the roots back and flower. Mother plants kept long term get root trimming and then back in to the same pot to keep them at size.

My experiments were smaller plants flowered in 1 gallon pots. They just needed water and nutes every day or two instead of 3 and yielded lower obviously.
Thanks😁 I'm not sure I could pull them out without breaking them on my own and my wife is too clumsy to help ( sorry dear ) Awkward to manhandle ( if that work is still ok ) I can trim them back, my thought was more dirt underneath, Any point on doing something like that?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks😁 I'm not sure I could pull them out without breaking them on my own and my wife is too clumsy to help ( sorry dear ) Awkward to manhandle ( if that work is still ok ) I can trim them back, my thought was more dirt underneath, Any point on doing something like that?

of you can fill the dirt beneath them that's as good as a transplant almost i think. I like that plan. She can pour the dirt in at least right?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Monster is very serious about chess.

7697834F D0FC 4C04 B018 2396613F5CA7
989135E0 FF4D 414C 85E3 D3F01DC2E045
8D8F7A56 9513 45A2 8AE8 32EF4DB5374D

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cats, Chess, Cannabis we have similarities. I play all the time at https://www.chess.com/ I go by BlackCatCoal The name of my 3 yr old cat Qnight is our newest addition.8 months old and a lot of fun, for both us and his new brother by color friendView attachment 1097656
We should play a game sometime...

Im not an avid player. I have a good friend who still plays online. I have attention problems for board games and have always played guitar in the background.

Mrs mmg was bored and set up a game. She beat me.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Im not an avid player. I have a good friend who still plays online. I have attention problems for board games and have always played guitar in the background.

Mrs mmg was bored and set up a game. She beat me.
I can't play the fast games very well, I usually play 20 min games where each player gets that much time. With some games that is still a rush and I fk up under pressure to move quicker. Nothing worse for me ( in chess ) than timing out on a game I was winning.

I've played thousand of games since I was 7 or 8 but know very little about it other than how to play. Not much on strategy or tricks, I just play the best move for me or so I think until I get whooped doing something stupid. I used to care if I lose it would bother me & make me sleepless trying to figure it out. Now I just lose and play another fk it its only chess.😁😁

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I can't play the fast games very well, I usually play 20 min games where each player gets that much time. With some games that is still a rush and I fk up under pressure to move quicker. Nothing worse for me ( in chess ) than timing out on a game I was winning.

I've played thousand of games since I was 7 or 8 but know very little about it other than how to play. Not much on strategy or tricks, I just play the best move for me or so I think until I get whooped doing something stupid. I used to care if I lose it would bother me & make me sleepless trying to figure it out. Now I just lose and play another fk it its only chess.😁😁

It may have been 25 years since i played before today. But i still liked playing. Just hard to pay attention to that sort of thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom