• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Veg tent update.

Had to add about 15-20% latge perlite to the Potters Gold soil. Not happy with the watering frequency in flower. Holds too much water and has a lot of nutes. Needs faster drainage.
74074DFC ED37 43A7 9089 4BAD95FB68B0

Full Tent pic
6CCD96F1 31A6 4D5B 9F8C B507C9FFA5FB

2 plushberry, 1 toxic blue and the reveg ripe flower citral pow clones all showing strong roots and starting to grow. I have stopped spraying the dome with water for humidity amd opened the vents some for air flow. I will harden them off this week to the open area.
9D813C2C B774 46B3 9994 280A55079EE7

Classic Headband seedling got last watering before 1 gallon transplant. Doing well. And both new Useful seeds taprooted fast and sprouted a day later. 1 chem x bag of oranges up healthy and 1 chocolate diesel sprouting now.
024ED69A F072 4906 B1A6 BA556758AE9C

And the Herijuana x Jack 33 almost ready for 3 gallon transplant. She is an s1 bagseed found in the last Heri.
F3F7A827 A496 4002 BF56 E33B9599BC0A

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You can see with the herijuana jack that the potters gold soil is causing some nute stress. She is over and underfed at the same time. I attribute that to it holding too much water. It got worse for the flowering plants after a few weeks in the final pot so like i showed. I have started to add perlite.

I will likely go back to ocean forest with 25% added large perlite for my room and style next soil purchase. Unless i see something better with the potters gold / perlite added mix. It is a local company to support.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here are the 3 plants flowering in Potters Gold straight out of the bag. They have stayed wet 2-3 days longer than i like and the nutrients showed a high ec in runoff so i fed them up to 2 weeks later than with my usual mix.

Serious nutrient imbalance I caused. Under and over feeding stress showing.

So I upped the nutes and they drank vigorously amd are greening up some. Hopefully not too much damage done.

Plushberry
FDE28B86 5026 4C7F 9F5C 04BE5C4C842F

Toxic Blue 33 clone-2
31D631B1 953C 46A4 83AF CA111F3D92C3

Toxic Blue C-4
DF76D6FE 663E 43B5 9873 0B105F0E0402

London bud

London bud

Veg tent update.

Had to add about 15-20% latge perlite to the Potters Gold soil. Not happy with the watering frequency in flower. Holds too much water and has a lot of nutes. Needs faster drainage.
View attachment 875086

Full Tent pic
View attachment 875087

2 plushberry, 1 toxic blue and the reveg ripe flower citral pow clones all showing strong roots and starting to grow. I have stopped spraying the dome with water for humidity amd opened the vents some for air flow. I will harden them off this week to the open area.
View attachment 875088

Classic Headband seedling got last watering before 1 gallon transplant. Doing well. And both new Useful seeds taprooted fast and sprouted a day later. 1 chem x bag of oranges up healthy and 1 chocolate diesel sprouting now.
View attachment 875089

And the Herijuana x Jack 33 almost ready for 3 gallon transplant. She is an s1 bagseed found in the last Heri.
View attachment 875090
Your pants are looking great. Out of curiosity what method do you use for rooting your cuttings? Any experience using rooting hormones, gels or dips?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Your pants are looking great. Out of curiosity what method do you use for rooting your cuttings? Any experience using rooting hormones, gels or dips?

You said pants. :)

Thanks man. I will get the deficient ones back on track.

For cloning i simply cut a lower branch off at an angle and put them in a glass of unadjusted well water (8.0 ph .3 ec) with no additives. Just change water when cloudy and top off as it evaperates.

Usually 10 days to 2 weeks for standard cutting taken in veg to show root bumps and a few new whispy roots.

Then i plant in a plastic cup of potting soil like ocean forest with 25% perlite added or equivelent and keep in dome for another week to 10 days then when i see roots out the bottom of the cup and leaves growing i harden them off a little each day to the open area and move them up closer to the light gradually.

Usually need to top clones into a bush rather than bend them in flower like i do seed plants.

Slow but effective. Actually keeps them about even with seed plants for time to veg before flowering.

London bud

London bud

You said pants. :)

Thanks man. I will get the deficient ones back on track.

For cloning i simply cut a lower branch off at an angle and put them in a glass of unadjusted well water (8.0 ph .3 ec) with no additives. Just change water when cloudy and top off as it evaperates.

Usually 10 days to 2 weeks for standard cutting taken in veg to show root bumps and a few new whispy roots.

Then i plant in a plastic cup of potting soil like ocean forest with 25% perlite added or equivelent and keep in dome for another week to 10 days then when i see roots out the bottom of the cup and leaves growing i harden them off a little each day to the open area and move them up closer to the light gradually.

Usually need to top clones into a bush rather than bend them in flower like i do seed plants.

Slow but effective. Actually keeps them about even with seed plants for time to veg before flowering.

lol now everyone's wondering how I know what your pants look like.

I take quite a lot of cuts now and have been putting them potting straight into soil, I take loads though so I put a bundle in water aswel, both methods are working fine for me but everyone goes on about these rooting agents and I came across one so thought I'd try it, the active ingredient in this product is called naphthylacetic acid. I've never come across it before, the next day some of the cuttings were curling upward, reaching upward quite vigorously but it appears it's damaged a few of the other cuttings, the end of some leaves are blackening, crisping, one cut totally wilted and fell over. This has never happened, it's obviously been caused by this product, It's called baby bio roota.
Was wondering if you or anyone else has used a similar product containing naphthylacetic? It's a synthetic auxin

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I take quite a lot of cuts now and have been putting them potting straight into soil, I take loads though so I put a bundle in water aswel, both methods are working fine for me but everyone goes on about these rooting agents and I came across one so thought I'd try it, the active ingredient in this product is called naphthylacetic acid. I've never come across it before, the next day some of the cuttings were curling upward, reaching upward quite vigorously but it appears it's damaged a few of the other cuttings, the end of some leaves are blackening, crisping, one cut totally wilted and fell over. This has never happened, it's obviously been caused by this product, It's called baby bio roota.
Was wondering if you or anyone else has used a similar product containing naphthylacetic? It's a synthetic auxin

I never tried any products for rooting at all.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I checked the two products I use, clonex and a powder and they both contain Indole-3-butyric acid, not familiar with your rooting product but if I were sure it did that to my plants I would discontinue use ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Smoking a 5 day hung dry Toxic Blue 33 (Mom) test bud. Almost dry enough for the jars. Will trim later tonight.

Took 2 bong tokes. Almost smooth. Still had the slight wet weed throat burn a little.

I left this bud out on the tray overnight. For 2 hits i have quite a strong creeping full head high. Definitely Sour Diesel leaning effect. And it is starting to melt through my shoulders and calming my body too now. Like a good OG.

Always love testing new flowers with some coffee in the morning. Im going to keep the rooted clone and look foward to the 2 flowering now.

Honestly I didnt want to keep clones running and dont have a space for mothers but even though these plants are super stretchy viney beasts she is probably worth the trouble. Toxic Blue 33 has rare old genetics and this one leans to the Sour Diesel/ Thai background for sure.

Its like its Sour Diesel Kush. :cool:

Toxic Blue is not a Blueberry Cross. It is named Blue due to the blue/black leaves it shows in flower.

Lower bud from large branch

EC7626F5 B85C 401F A655 A2749B31131E
0B6B0D81 D68F 4DAD AE9B BC4E534B08D8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom