Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I just took some time to study a little on cold and root growth as we'll be experiencing a 40-50 degree change the next two days.

I just picked up this thermometer sitting on the patio table in the sun.
20191217 113612

It's hot today, but tonight 38 is the expected low. That's over a 50 degree change. When I came outside this morning it was 44F.

Just saw a young blue bellied lizard run across the patio. It's 8 days until Christmas and there are active lizards. Pretty cool to see. Must be the last batches to hatch and they need to put on some weight before the Feb/March freezes. It will be interesting to see how they do as well in this cold the next few days.

Scientist's have found that some plants kill a portion of their roots in freezing temps. They believe it helps the plant recover after the cold has passed but intuitively I find this odd as more, bigger, stronger roots are always better. I'll research more tonight when I have time but interesting.

Good read:
https://www.futurity.org/roots-sacrifice-cold-survival-1477622/

The plant itself does this, not the cold. From experience I've seen healthy young tomato plants turn black and die from a single night in the mid 30's.

But the point is I've been having 30 degree swings for weeks and no ill effects like what you're having but, heating up your floor to 68 couldn't hurt.

Obviously you're inside and I'm out but still. I too am leaning toward bugs as the culprit.

Really hope it is the soil. We'll know in a few days. You know we're rooting for ya man!

PS, yeah, recovering from major pain makes my brain stay in my sock drawer. No worries, just get better!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I just took some time to study a little on cold and root growth as we'll be experiencing a 40-50 degree change the next two days.

I just picked up this thermometer sitting on the patio table in the sun.
View attachment 921483
It's hot today, but tonight 38 is the expected low. That's over a 50 degree change. When I came outside this morning it was 44F.

Just saw a young blue bellied lizard run across the patio. It's 8 days until Christmas and there are active lizards. Pretty cool to see. Must be the last batches to hatch and they need to put on some weight before the Feb/March freezes. It will be interesting to see how they do as well in this cold the next few days.

Scientist's have found that some plants kill a portion of their roots in freezing temps. They believe it helps the plant recover after the cold has passed but intuitively I find this odd as more, bigger, stronger roots are always better. I'll research more tonight when I have time but interesting.

Good read:
https://www.futurity.org/roots-sacrifice-cold-survival-1477622/

The plant itself does this, not the cold. From experience I've seen healthy young tomato plants turn black and die from a single night in the mid 30's.

But the point is I've been having 30 degree swings for weeks and no ill effects like what you're having but, heating up your floor to 68 couldn't hurt.

Obviously you're inside and I'm out but still. I too am leaning toward bugs as the culprit.

Really hope it is the soil. We'll know in a few days. You know we're rooting for ya man!

PS, yeah, recovering from major pain makes my brain stay in my sock drawer. No worries, just get better!

Still have not seen any bugs but a few fungus gnats. I will pull a plant tonight and scope the roots.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've dropped my dark period temps to 58° for days to make plants turn colors
20190307 201637
I didn't notice any adverse effects to other plants in various stages of bloom from that low of a temp

I also ran the whole tent at 64° for weeks, so idk for sure but I don't really think your issue is from root damage when you had cooler temperatures?

I just checked my root temp with reptile heaters on/lights off and it was still steady at 70°

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've dropped my dark period temps to 58° for days to make plants turn colors
View attachment 921486 I didn't notice any adverse effects to other plants in various stages of bloom from that low of a temp

I also ran the whole tent at 64° for weeks, so idk for sure but I don't really think your issue is from root damage when you had cooler temperatures?

I just checked my root temp with reptile heaters on/lights off and it was still steady at 70°

I only think the cold floor is affecting the pots drying out properly.

I keep this stuff simple. Either i overwatered consistantly and made it a habit or the soil nutrients were compromised.

Either way all i can do is flush it out and replace it with bottled nutrients and hope for little root damage and no root aphids.

I almost bought full power humic today but i dont want to introduce additives during a problem. It was funny when i said that to my friend the shop owner. He laughed and said “sure then you wont know what happened and will now have to keep buying this bottle.” Lol.

B

Burned Haze

Yeah I dont spray inside. Too messy. I would if i had to for bugs. And it wouldnt fix the problem. Just a temporary fix.

too messy? , shit plants are more beneficial more times from than the negative from foliar spraying ethier way from IPM and spraying spraying misc things, they love it? ( I don’t see any negative but if you spray on non plants , I guess I’m good at spraying? Lol, paint sprayers are awesome! ) that and get soluble all around from foliar , it’s a 100% on the plant instead of the plant choosing where to put the nutes and very fast to soluable ? I spray every 3 days as IPM and to present my foliar based on the leafs (all in mixed in one = grandevo ,regalia , seagreen, Rootamentary, jumpstart , fulvic acid) than next 3 days venerate xc on a IPM /spray schedule ( Inless you see pests and pick toward the pest , example : like spinosad = thrips for next application if under 3rd week of flower )

Sorry if I missed it, but am I remembering correctly that you don't foliar feed?

Do you think there'd be any harm in applying an epsom salts/calcium chloride solution as a foliar for potential deficiencies?

I don’t think foliar spraying Epsom salt would be negative , in fact it’s a positive for a lot of people since it gives broad a lot of sulphur and mag. As long as it’s pure Epsom salt ( check the ingredients and make sure it’s food grade or it is what it is)

Last edited by a moderator:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

too messy? , shit plants are more beneficial more times from than the negative from foliar spraying ethier way from IPM and spraying spraying misc things, they love it? ( I don’t see any negative but if you spray on non plants , I guess I’m good at spraying? Lol, paint sprayers are awesome! ) that and get soluble all around from foliar , it’s a 100% on the plant instead of the plant choosing where to put the nutes and very fast to soluable ? I spray every 3 days as IPM and to present my foliar based on the leafs (all in mixed in one = grandevo ,regalia , seagreen, Rootamentary, jumpstart , fulvic acid) than next e3 days venerate xc ( Inless you see pests and pick toward the pest , example : like spinosad = thrips for next application if under 3rd week of flower )

I don’t think foliar spraying Epsom salt would be negative , in fact it’s a positive for a lot of people since it gives broad a lot of sulphur and mag. As long as it’s pure Epsom salt ( check the ingredients and make sure it’s food grade or it is what it is)

I want to fix the root problem. I shouldnt be missing anything in nutrient filled potting soil and my well water and pure blend pro.

And i have run this garden perpetually for over 5 years and never sprayed anything.

I have only ever had gnats. And your suggestion of microbe lift has kept them in check even though i always have some wet pots with the staggared age plants.

My IPM plan is to never wear outside clothes or shoes in the growroom. And no outside clones (or growers) allowed. And i clean with alcohol or h2o2 everything that enters or leaves the rooms.

B

Burned Haze

If you spraying with biocontrol , no respirator required for when spraying ( I just always wear “ grow -room clothes “, coveralls , rubber boots in my rooms 100% & have + take a shower before and after ) if non biocontrol I wear full face respirator with organic filters since I use paint sprayer and those sprayers mist a lot ( don’t wanna inhale lol but perfect mist )

easy peezy

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you spraying with biocontrol , no respirator required for when spraying ( I just always wear coveralls , rubber boots in my rooms 100% & have “ grow room” clothes + take a shower before and after )

easy peezy

I like inside to avoid all that. But my garden is so small compared to yours. I touch and move every plant every day. Not much gets by me. Except whatever i have done wrong consistantly through my back injury. In my defense i took shortcuts while crawling on one side with psiatica in tears trying to water or move plants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I like inside to avoid all that. But my garden is so small compared to yours. I touch and move every plant every day. Not much gets by me. Except whatever i have done wrong consistantly through my back injury. In my defense i took shortcuts while crawling on one side with psiatica in tears trying to water or move plants.

Fuk that was me this morning. Literally crying on my hands and knees, crawling around in the shed trying to mix a batch of nutes. Took me almost half an hour to crawl back to the house to call the wife to take me to the clinic. First time since I injured the back 5 years ago that I've actually shed tears from the pain honestly.
Got an injection of some anti inflammatory and they put me on gabapentin.... X-ray scheduled and they're setting up a CT scan, so hopefully I'll get this sorted out.

Life... This time the back went out from grabbing a dishwasher tab from under the sink this morning.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Fuk that was me this morning. Literally crying on my hands and knees, crawling around in the shed trying to mix a batch of nutes. Took me almost half an hour to crawl back to the house to call the wife to take me to the clinic. First time since I injured the back 5 years ago that I've actually shed tears from the pain honestly.
Got an injection of some anti inflammatory and they put me on gabapentin.... X-ray scheduled and they're setting up a CT scan, so hopefully I'll get this sorted out.

Life... This time the back went out from grabbing a dishwasher tab from under the sink this morning.
i hate that shit,it doesnt take but looking at my back to get it stove up,gabepintin is a great muscle relaxer,my doc years ago i had me on a coctail with 3 muscle relaxers and one pain pill,hell the gabpentin did best of all of them ,at least it would put me to sleep,sorry to hear of the backs ,damn i feel ya.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Watch out for that nerve medicine. They gave me a perscription for that at the emergency room. When Mrs Mmg took it for her nerve pain she went depressed and started cutting herself. She stopped and so did the manic depression.

Also it deadens nerves with prejudice. Nerves you dont want dead.

Read up bud. Its Neurotin. Bad shit. But may help your pain by killing the nerves. Possibly with bad side effects.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Watch out for that nerve medicine. They gave me a perscription for that at the emergency room. When Mrs Mmg took it for her nerve pain she went depressed and started cutting herself. She stopped and so did the manic depression.

Read up bud. Its Neurotin. Bad shit. But may help your pain by killing the nerves. Possibly with bad side effects.
+1 all that shit... Add gabapentin to the do not take list... I can tell you from experience.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I hear ya. I hate taking any of this shit but it is absolutely helping with the pain. I'll watch for side effects for sure.

It's all they would prescribe so given the choice between this or crawling around crying I'll take my chances with the gaba for now.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
+1 all that shit... Add gabapentin to the do not take list... I can tell you from experience.

Honestly at this point I wish they would just give me some damn opiates until i figure out what's actually going on. But around here they rarely give anyone opiates for anything.

What side effects did you get from Gaba if you dont mind me asking?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i dont take any of them,i take 3 tylenol for chest pain,thats for busted ribs,no pain meds i made that clear i wasnt gonna be a junkie again,so ive done this whole ordeal with tylenol,now all the blood thinners and pressure pills that another story,im animic right now cause i lost so much blood,standup and almost fall right back down,been eating the shit out of liver and iron pills,still trying to get all them meds controled.
speaking of anyone heard from jimster,hope he is better

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Honestly at this point I wish they would just give me some damn opiates until i figure out what's actually going on. But around here they rarely give anyone opiates for anything.

What side effects did you get from Gaba if you dont mind me asking?
that medicine your smoking does a better job bro,i can tell ya this,the more opiates you take the more you hurt,aint shitting,the body can only take 60 mil of codein a day any thing over is useless,smoke more weed and do yourself a favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom