• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Me too man, internet is 1000x better than cable. I have the extra plus internet package that only comes with digital TV packages. I havent turned the thing on once in 2 years. The TV is plugged in to a PC and same for all the other TVs.

For the bedrooms I get these little android boxes for $30. Its android so they have apps. YouTube Netflix all that shit. YouTube has gotten worse, but it's still less than a tenth the ads as cable, and most of them you can skip 🤣
Ads on youtube? other than embedded ads I see none. Adblockers for YT. We had that full package deal with TV/phone and internet, because a guy came around and offered us the deal for what he said TV for free. It got up to over $200 per month and Tv just pissed me off with excessive commercials so we dropped the TV and phone. We have 100 mbps fiber $91 tx in / month. Got an internet based phone company ( Primus ) 1st bill with Canada free calling package was $38 taxes in = $129 Free TV was costing us about $80 per month.
You must be refering to the You Tube that you access on your TV apps. They seemed to increase the ad rate Dec 1 2019 That did it for me and I fired them before Christmas. There are none of those ads on the Youtube web site with ad blockers

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice, we havent had cable either since about 2004. Been streaming TV and movies online since then. Nice now with a smart TV We screen mirror and watch shows from our phones displayed on the TV. No PC in our house besides a laptop. Other than that just a cellphone each.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice, we havent had cable either since about 2004. Been streaming TV and movies online since then. Nice now with a smart TV We screen mirror and watch shows from our phones displayed on the TV. No PC in our house besides a laptop. Other than that just a cellphone each.
Them tiny little keyboards on those tiny little devices are for too small to see and my short fat fingers have a hard time on a reg keyboard i'd be smashing 3-4 letters at once and the tiny little screen's faaak. I'm old man ( 67) and those devices are not built with us old folks in mind.🧙‍♂️

B

Burned Haze

I live out in the country & I don’t even have main internet ( just cellphone internet )

makes streaming of movies and so many things def harder, but vs city life? I love country life and growing (shoot in the city they don’t wanna let you do anything and wanna be in your business for everything )

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Still using a laptop with an hdmi cable to the tv in the living room. Other than that we use our phones.
Thats all you need to have a big screen computer, with wireless keyboard and mouse I relax on my couch or recliner use the mouse on the armrest and I hold the keyboard. Works great, the old days of getting up to change the channels lol long gone.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I live out in the country & I don’t even have main internet ( just cellphone internet )

makes streaming of movies and so many things def harder, but vs city life? I love country life and growing (shoot in the city they don’t wanna let you do anything and wanna be in your business for everything )
We are out in the country as well but lucky enough to have high speed fibre right along the highway in front of us I could have gigabit fibre, we had 300mbps but I cut it back to 100mbps and I don't see the difference in speed for my uses. There was a time here when on dial up we were in the .500 mbps when lucky lol it took forever to open a single page.

B

Burned Haze

We are out in the country as well but lucky enough to have high speed fibre right along the highway in front of us I could have gigabit fibre, we had 300mbps but I cut it back to 100mbps and I don't see the difference in speed for my uses. There was a time here when on dial up we were in the .500 mbps when lucky lol it took forever to open a single page.
:(

That’s all I get is .500 mbps after 15gb
3/4 of the month eh for me, unlimited my ass ( can’t wait till they offer true unlimited speed & service lol )

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agreed! :-)

But i have weird radio tower to company with internet. Sometimes works great. Sometimes not so great.

But i have never even had a cop behind me anywhere near my house. And we have one flashing traffic light at the main 4 way in town. Thats it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
:(

That’s all I get is .500 mbps after 15gb
3/4 of the month eh for me, unlimited my ass ( can’t wait till they offer true unlimited speed & service lol )
Wow! really .500mbps I'm unlimited @100mbps $79 +tx/month. I'm sorry man that's a horrible speed, doesn't seem right for this first world country unless you're way way out there. I'd picture grisslies and caribou running around in your back yard behind the out igloo sorta thing.😁😁

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thats all you need to have a big screen computer, with wireless keyboard and mouse I relax on my couch or recliner use the mouse on the armrest and I hold the keyboard. Works great, the old days of getting up to change the channels lol long gone.

Same her man. Our TV is essentially just a giant monitor with wireless keyboard and mouse from the couch.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok enough about television. ;-)

I just checked my veg tent and with an hour to go at the end of their day every plant is growing new leaves.

Got to love healthy plants. :-)

A91F4EDD BE73 4027 9F75 A3F39D936C21

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They may be growing faster in the pro mix. All 4 plants in round pots have been given 5ml pure blend pro grow at .8 ec for their first bottled feed. The center is ocean forest for these plants. The clones in the square pots are also in OF. But thats the last of it for now.
Mine are going crazy in those 5-gallon grow-bags of promix! I could barely stick the popsicle stick markers an inch deep in the newer outside ring of promix medium this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom