Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Finishing up a jar of Blue Lemon Thai labeled 7/29. Lost some flavor but man this is good bud.

60190479 9439 4FB4 B0DA 87738E00823D

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Dirtbag reminded me i have not updated the first pro mix plants going into flower. They are a pair of POW 33 x Blue Lemon Thai from seeds. Their is a 1 gallon center of ocean forest /perlite mix but they were let run out of nutrients (one a little too long) before transplant. They have had a 5ml (.8ec) and a 7.5ml (1.0) feed for their two waterings in the final 3 gallon pots. Days 9 and 11 in 12/12.

D0C3F5AD 17E7 4B96 B4FA 179D810298FA
017B387B 17B9 4E51 A403 9E17C84696C1

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Dirtbag reminded me i have not updated the first pro mix plants going into flower. They are a pair of POW 33 x Blue Lemon Thai from seeds. Their is a 1 gallon center of ocean forest /perlite mix but they were let run out of nutrients (one a little too long) before transplant. They have had a 5ml (.8ec) and a 7.5ml (1.0) feed for their two waterings in the final 3 gallon pots. Days 9 and 11 in 12/12.

View attachment 946589View attachment 946590
I see the pictures, but that doesn't tell us how you like promix? Lol! I've got my first promix plants in bloom right now as well, and if I'm honest I don't like it as much as soil, although I'm having explosive growth using it so I'm still open to it, and am curious what you think about it?

20200302 043903

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I see the pictures, but that doesn't tell us how you like promix? Lol! I've got my first promix plants in bloom right now as well, and if I'm honest I don't like it as much as soil, although I'm having explosive growth using it so I'm still open to it, and am curious what you think about it?

View attachment 946591

I like it but i liked it before. Its cleaner to work with than ocean forest but i do need to mix small amounts of nutes for the different plants in veg now.

The two plants seem branchy and more compact than i am used to but i have fed lightly to learn how much to feed without the organics again. So i think with a full cycle plant fed from week 2 after sprout or a clone fed right away and tapered up like i like will get much larger.

But i can say it has been totally predictable to use and water. The real question for me is am i going to miss the organics and loaded nutrients in the results.

And i remind you that pro mix hp in the big white bale is different than the retail store smaller bale you are using. Dont think they are a direct comparison.

Oh also pro mix recomends watering the first week or two with unadjusted tap water to give time for the lime to charge.

This is definitely true. The dry sealed mix read 1.0 ec (500 ppm) and 4.0 ph. After a week when i watered again it had risen to 5.0. I assume it will be in range next time.

The plants did not notice the acidic ph and in fact are all growing faster in veg than with ocean forest and just well water so far.

I attached a ph article that shows cannabis can be grown as low as 4 and as high as 8 from tests a few days ago. Seems to be true. I adjusted nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom