Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Some pics Mrs. MMG took during our day today. 74 degrees and sunny. Beautiful.

This is our local kayak launch and park. The river is too high to fit under the bridges. No kayaking yet unfortunately.
A57117B2 9F00 4F53 9F9A C802FA2C6E07

White daffodil in our yard. And the fuscia blooming bean tree by the road. Managed to cut the lawn with the push mower. Back getting stronger but psiatica keeps coming back.
7AE78A17 EEC5 4D65 9A7E 3F2CE12D7967

Dock down the dirt drive past our house. There were like 11 turtles right before she took the pic. We startled them.
A6B7A49E 2126 4745 88BE 8536D4C0C9D7

Tomorrow we will kayak on the lake. Need to paddle. :-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is our local kayak launch and park. The river is too high to fit under the bridges. No kayaking yet unfortunately.
View attachment 975839

White daffodil in our yard. And the fuscia blooming bean tree by the road. Managed to cut the lawn with the push mower. Back getting stronger but psiatica keeps coming back.
View attachment 975840

Dock down the dirt drive past our house. There were like 11 turtles right before she took the pic. We startled them.
View attachment 975841

Beautiful

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The simple life man, I'll take that anyday over business and entertainment.

I have done both now and made my choice. I couldnt go back to traffic, people and lines. I can still drive to it if i need.

We dont even have a traffic light thats not just blinking. And only one cop per shift local. And sometimes a couple staties.

there is a small town with walmart and meijers now about 25 min out.

Hour or hour and a half to nearest cities and the closer one is small and shitty.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Love it...miss lots of things about MI....especially this time of year.

I really liked it here. I met mrs. Mmg in Breckenridge over a decade ago. She grew up in this town we live in. But i do miss the mountains. I had to live in new jersey 29 years before i got out there.

By the way. Welcome to my thread. I know your name but dont believe we have chatted before.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I really liked it here. I met mrs. Mmg in Breckenridge over a decade ago. She grew up in this town we live in. But i do miss the mountains. I had to live in new jersey 29 years before i got out there.

By the way. Welcome to my thread. I know your name but dont believe we have chatted before.
Thanks friend. Look forward to living vicariously through you good folks at the farm until which time my health sees fit to let me get back to gardening.
My son is a grad student at NYU...i enjoy visiting but noway I could live up there.
Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 975839

View attachment 975840

View attachment 975841

One of the great things about being a Michigander! Peaceful, simplicity love it!
What river ya kayaking?
Been down most bigger rivers in your neck of the woods,
Used to do a big floating trip down the pine , inter tubes and canoes tied together for 4-5 days of drinking and smoking ! In those days u just pulled up and made camp where ever ya found a good spot. Did like a week on st. Joe a couple times too.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Yeah i was telling you my back went out and i had full psiatica and couldnt walk for months. I was literally crawling around on the floor trying to water plants.

After some time taking shortcuts and skipping needed work to just get through the garden suffered.

And i got stuck growing poorly. Like in a rut for the last months.

But i always keep trying. :-)

Damn man! Truly glad you're feeling better, I know what it's like being immobile and it's awful. Keep at it, you're killing it as usual 👊

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One of the great things about being a Michigander! Peaceful, simplicity love it!
What river ya kayaking?
Been down most bigger rivers in your neck of the woods,
Used to do a big floating trip down the pine , inter tubes and canoes tied together for 4-5 days of drinking and smoking ! In those days u just pulled up and made camp where ever ya found a good spot. Did like a week on st. Joe a couple times too.

Cant say it will pinpoint my location too much. But i have been on the manistee and would really like to see the pine.

Michigan rivers are pretty lazy but the pine has small rapids doesnt it?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is some young veg now in pro mix hp straight off the bale and fed with Dyna Grow Foliage Pro and Protect.

The recipe Im using so far is basically off their directions and working well in veg and flower.

I assume i will feed the young plants once or twice and then give water and feed mature flowers most every time at this strength.

Current nute mix:

Well water- .3 ec 7.8ph.

Protect- 2.5ml

Foliage Pro- 5ml

General Hydro Ph Down- 1ml

4 drops Microbe Lift (for gnat control)

Final readings- 1.1 ec, 6.2ph

The seedlings in red cups have not been fed yet. First week water only. Ph not adjusted for calcium up front while the lime is charging in the soil mix. I will give them half of the above recipe for week 2 or 3.

36D835A8 8FCA 4448 8D9F 566A0829EAA9
15976FFA 9278 48B0 9AEE 7E16973BF9B1

Excellent early branching and a bit faster growth so far with the pro mix and dyna grow than ocean forest and water only in veg.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Here is some young veg now in pro mix hp straight off the bale and fed with Dyna Grow Foliage Pro and Protect.

The recipe Im using so far is basically off their directions and working well in veg and flower.

I assume i will feed the young plants once or twice and then give water and feed mature flowers most every time at this strength.

Current nute mix:

Well water- .3 ec 7.8ph.

Protect- 2.5ml

Foliage Pro- 5ml

General Hydro Ph Down- 1ml

4 drops Microbe Lift (for gnat control)

Final readings- 1.1 ec, 6.2ph

The seedlings in red cups have not been fed yet. First week water only. Ph not adjusted for calcium up front while the lime is charging in the soil mix. I will give them half of the above recipe for week 2 or 3.

View attachment 976497View attachment 976498

Excellent early branching and a bit faster growth so far with the pro mix and dyna grow than ocean forest and water only in veg.
Nice stuff ! Looking at your list of ingredients you added 1 drop of ph down....with a final ph reading at 6.2 did you really need the ph down at all? / 1 drop for me drops ph .4 - .5......wouldn't 6.6 - / 6.7 be fine without the added acid?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice stuff ! Looking at your list of ingredients you added 1 drop of ph down....with a final ph reading at 6.2 did you really need the ph down at all? / 1 drop for me drops ph .4 - .5......wouldn't 6.6 - / 6.7 be fine without the added acid?

1 mil. Not one drop. And i dont know yet. I figured i would follow the directions and monitor runoff ph over time. If it slowly lowers and the plants are eating right i will try without.

But with the calcium in the well water and the silica in protect it was coming out more like 7.5 ph.

And you are right. I tried a half mil first at about 6.8 ph and everything seemed fine.

All a bit experimental still.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
1 mil. Not one drop. And i dont know yet. I figured i would follow the directions and monitor runoff ph over time. If it slowly lowers and the plants are eating right i will try without.

But with the calcium in the well water and the silica in protect it was coming out more like 7.5 ph.

And you are right. I tried a half mil first at about 6.8 ph and everything seemed fine.

All a bit experimental still.
I used to use that stuff all the time but after a build up in the soil & low ph (5.3) you guys helped me with I no longer use the ph down... My well water is around 7.2 - 7.3 depending on the season but my runoff in the Greenworld ( promix type) comes in at 6.6 - 6.7 but if I add nutes it only gets down to 6.4 - 6.5 rarely do I ever see my ph below 6..3 and that's only after a heavy feed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I used to use that stuff all the time but after a build up in the soil & low ph (5.3) you guys helped me with I no longer use the ph down... My well water is around 7.2 - 7.3 depending on the season but my runoff in the Greenworld ( promix type) comes in at 6.6 - 6.7 but if I add nutes it only gets down to 6.4 - 6.5 rarely do I ever see my ph below 6..3 and that's only after a heavy feed.

If i had been in range like that i probably wouldnt have adjusted. I have deficient plants from the bad pure blend pro so i wanted maximum uptake and no more problems.

It worked well like i showed so thats how i have been doing it.

When i know i have things going right i will likely experiment more.

Truth is the plant can uptake in a mich wider range than the ph nutrient charts online. They were developed by nutrient companies I think.

I read a test that showed ph from 5.0 to 8.0 working just fine. Which matches my findings too. I think most ph “issues” we see in threads are just nutrient buildup or lack of nutrients.

this is the first i have adjusted ph in 5 years by the way. :-)

And i am still not adjusting only water. At 150 ppm it will take on the ph of the medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom