Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I keep forgetting to mention and they are almost 2 months old now.

I am running 2 new Ushio HPS 600’s instead of my usual Hortilux Super HPS 600’s.

The corona virus seems to have increased the prices of Hortilux bulbs substantially and i cant get hold of plantlightinghydroponics where they were cheapest.

The Ushios were $55 each on Amazon. Seem to work well. To my eye they have a bit more red and less blue than hortilux. So far the weed harvested has been great but maybe a bit more yellowing than with horties. Likely due to more red leaning spectrum.
corona also increased the price of decent smoke in minnesota as i'm finding out

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Hey MIM , it's good to hear someone talk about how a plant might not respond to lst like your headband ,
In my experience I've seen many plants that don't like various forms of training , whether it's lst , fim , Scrog or top ,
I see so many people here push training as a must but don't get it ..... Some plants don't like it
I actually feel growing in my B.S. climate that the Christmas tree variety(natural..no topping or LST) finishes faster than the other ways....BUT i have had way too many variables to come to that conclusion 100%....just a strong feeling...I mean i could get lucky with the mexican beaner weed by planting it in an open space where i know the other foliage around will grow in heavy faster than the pot and trigger it to bloom faster by a few weeks...prune foliage back as necessary using your gut feelings and experience...but it's not always foolproof...but always better than the bag it came from back in the day when it worked...and it worked best by not effing with the plant at all...what's your take ???????

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Get some trustworthy younger folks to lend a hand.
lol Ya that's it I'll tell them to tell no one lol. I'd have to up my security after that too, na I'll talk my wife into driving the tractor, lol , nope I want a working tractor and live plants when I'm done so she's out too, fk its an awkward move its really no more than 5-10 ft away but about 100 yards to get there with the plants, hence the need for my tractor & trailer

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I actually feel growing in my B.S. climate that the Christmas tree variety(natural..no topping or LST) finishes faster than the other ways....BUT i have had way too many variables to come to that conclusion 100%....just a strong feeling...I mean i could get lucky with the mexican beaner weed by planting it in an open space where i know the other foliage around will grow in heavy faster than the pot and trigger it to bloom faster by a few weeks...prune foliage back as necessary using your gut feelings and experience...but it's not always foolproof...but always better than the bag it came from back in the day when it worked...and it worked best by not effing with the plant at all...what's your take ???????

Bending my plants week 1 or 2 in flower definitely adds at least a week to my flowering.

And so does my use of grow nutes through flower.

But the quality and yield is higher so not worth than trying to save a couple weeks to me.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I keep hitting the wrong buttons. lol Faster is not a priority with my perpetual grow. I could turn quicker and not top but I like my results when I get it right and I have the space to let them grow. Timing is what I'm finding more important. Having it dialed in so I can harvest bi weekly or monthly to keep the cycle going.

I like MiMed's method of bending at 3 weeks into flower for speed of growth & harvest I think with all my topping I do slow them down but I like big bushes not trees.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I keep hitting the wrong buttons. lol Faster is not a priority with my perpetual grow. I could turn quicker and not top but I like my results when I get it right and I have the space to let them grow. Timing is what I'm finding more important. Having it dialed in so I can harvest bi weekly or monthly to keep the cycle going.

I like MiMed's method of bending at 3 weeks into flower for speed of growth & harvest I think with all my topping I do slow them down but I like big bushes not trees.View attachment 993020

Wow that one is maxed out! She had no room for anything but flower. Very cool.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Natural super crop on a male
20200630 091302

20200630 091309

Amazing how much a plant can take and continue to grow.

Wind was bad and kept knocking the plant over (1 gal fiber pot) so I placed rocks around and on top of the pot and it quickly broke. Been like this for a month. I usually harvest and collect pollen by now but it's been interesting watching it.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Think he means your males pollinating your neighbors plants... I know i would be like asshole has all these males and keeps ruining my crop lol
No one really close enough. I can keep males outside and females inside the greenhouses and no pollination. I've even been able to keep both outside but 30+ feet apart and no pollination. I'd be hard pressed to believe I'm pollinating any other plants when I know my 2 closest neighbors are not growing. I really have an ideal property for growing.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

i have to worry about wild Hemp where i live from the end of july on
Si, different situation. To the South is our closest neighbor. A 140' fence with trees on both sides. To the East are condos. 180' fence, plants and trees on their side then a 2 way drive, parking and then the buildings some 90-100' away. Anyone growing there is inside. Past the condos is a freeway. North neighbor is about the same distance and I can see most of their yard from my driveway and street. West neighbor is my best friend. From the back yard there's our house, front yard, easement for South neighbors driveway, the street, 100' of his yard (he sits on 4 acres) then his home. He gave me the large greenhouse.

Seriously, perfect property for growing.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well I’m betting there are some trusted inner circles. But, I’m naive and new.
I gotter dun, took some sweating and driving the tractor in the dark but it all went smooth, planning is everything. I moved everything I could though the day. Set up my lights then once it got dark.(10:30 pm ) I had my wife shadow me as best she could and I bolted down the highway
(50' I was worried about ) and disapeared down my driveway.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@SPARECHANGE this ones posted for you bud. :-)

And @dire wolf this headband from s-1 seed is quite difficult to grow. Like a real OG. Lol

She doesnt want to be fed anywhere between 1.1 ec and 1.5 ec. I tried and flushed and tried and watered only...

All I can think of is she hates me! :-(

But she is still packing with sticky buds. :-)

1D79F3A5 352B 453B 9F96 E2F86D31529D
4D7E87B4 1CCD 4BE4 A196 785E9B0DB4B7
4C1D3F1C 4C53 487F B3F2 CE2902A56119

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom