Miracle-Gro as a fertilizer for you ladies

• Thread starter spl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I have had many old timers try to pick out witch grow was MG and witch grow was not, They could never tell.

I know I know! Could it be the ones you posted pics of that look like they have suffered nutrient issues at your hands?

No offense dude, but I wouldn't brag too much about 15 years and big grows with leaves that look like yours, showing nute issues. That or you have had some sever RH/ heat issues. But I suspect it is the shitty MiracleGro

I understand the point of your thread, but myself, like others, will tell people to use something else. Granted, grow stores are not as abundant as in places like Colo and Cali, but show me a state that does not have a nursery that carries more than just MiracleGro. For fuck's sake, you can order anything you want online.

MiracleGro was played out years ago and most experienced growers I know would laugh at the shit.

MiracleGro is for house plants, not dope.

MiracleGro soil sucks too. Loaded, and I mean loaded with fungus gnats.

S

spl

I know I know! Could it be the ones you posted pics of that look like they have suffered nutrient issues at your hands?

No offense dude, but I wouldn't brag too much about 15 years and big grows with leaves that look like yours, showing nute issues. That or you have had some sever RH/ heat issues. But I suspect it is the shitty MiracleGro

I understand the point of your thread, but myself, like others, will tell people to use something else. Granted, grow stores are not as abundant as in places like Colo and Cali, but show me a state that does not have a nursery that carries more than just MiracleGro. For fuck's sake, you can order anything you want online.

MiracleGro was played out years ago and most experienced growers I know would laugh at the shit.

MiracleGro is for house plants, not dope.

MiracleGro soil sucks too. Loaded, and I mean loaded with fungus gnats.

I never worry about the leaves at the end of a grow, it's called flushing, it it does play hell with the leaves as you pointed out.

I am guess you never read the whole post, just the title and looked at pictures and shot from the hip with a post.

L

Lost

But the color is deep green with nute burned tips. that girl was over nuted, period :) Especially if she is in flush and that green and that burnt..

D

Dulce

^^^^^^ Bro I was thinking the same thing- plants didn't look so hot :(

R

Ronin

If it works for him, why the fuck do you care?

So many pretentious douche bags in the canna-community. Your weed must really suck if you are so so bitter, maybe the MG can change that for ya?

L

Lost

So many pretentious douche bags in the canna-community. Your weed must really suck if you are so so bitter, maybe the MG can change that for ya?

When you come here and tell everyone your going to teach them something and post a burned plant, yup. Gunna get pretentous. Or should we sit here and lap up the diaherra he is spouting?

This is the farm, leave the bullshit at the front gate please..

D

Dulce

Hey Ronin- There are plenty of other sites where you can learn sub-par ways of growing MJ......why don't you go hang out there instead and let us continue to take THIS site seriously.

~D~

R

Ronin

Hey Ronin- There are plenty of other sites where you can learn sub-par ways of growing MJ......why don't you go hang out there instead and let us continue to take THIS site seriously.

~D~

How long you been here?

M

mrdizzle

ive noticed a trend lately of people posting improper growing conditions and techniques followed by a ridiculous picture. Weeds a weed, just cuz you get it to grow doesnt mean there clearly isnt a better way to do it, i.e. miracle grow and 90* temps.

every spring my dad tosses seeds in his side yard and usually gets a couple to sprout and bud, but then again hes not on the internet trying to tell people its a good way to do things

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Lost nailed it.

I never worry about the leaves at the end of a grow, it's called flushing, it it does play hell with the leaves as you pointed out.

Your plants aren't flushing, they are nute burned. You zapped the ladies with too much N for one, considering their color. Burned tips as well.

I am guess you never read the whole post, just the title and looked at pictures and shot from the hip with a post.

No, no. I read the whole post. I am a pretty good shot from the hip anyway. ;)

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

But it doesn't work all that well for him. Or can you not read plants well enough to see that?

Douchebag? Maybe. Pretentious? Certainly not. Just trying to help those in the new rush to the net not make mistakes and not think that using MG works real fuckin' sweet like for growing dope. 'Cause it don't.

The guy drew attention to himself turbo-threading. Quit crying Ronin. Deal with the fact that there are those of us that are aware of the fact that there are a whole fuggin' bunch more people that will read this thread than post in it.

I consider it my mudder fuggin' responsibility as a stoner to make sure people that are new to this all stay on the right track. Giving back to a community I have learned alot from is all.

If that makes me or any of the other folks trying to steer people in the right direction in this thread a douchebag, oh the fuck well bro.

Guilty as charged I suppose.

Don't wnat some of those lurkin' farmers to get tripped up by thinking MG is a good idea as all.

I am just trying to be a cool cat and help fellow dope farmers out is all.

Lighten up Sally.

S

spl

When you come here and tell everyone your going to teach them something and post a burned plant, yup. Gunna get pretentous. Or should we sit here and lap up the diaherra he is spouting?

This is the farm, leave the bullshit at the front gate please..

The thread was to answer can you use MG in a grow, Yes you can.
That set of pictures is to show you can use MG with ST in a DWC to grow a plant. Every one said it could not be done. When in fact it can.

Here are a few more plants grown in MG and ST in MG dirt.

White Rhino2 2 22 10
Last day before harvest pic 3 strain Ice 12 1 2009
Room full of thai stick 1 20 2010
Last day before harvest pic 1 strain Ice 12 1 2009
L

Lost

"Sure you can drive your car with your feet if you wanted to, but that don't make it a good fucking idea!" - Chris Rock

:)

S

spl

"Sure you can drive your car with your feet if you wanted to, but that don't make it a good fucking idea!" - Chris Rock

:)

A good grower is not a grower who acts like they know it all or pretends to know everything, but one who gets into the rhythm of growing the right way for them. It is your grow, your fun, and never forget this when other growers dangle their steroid pumped up buds in front of your face. Growing is about enjoying your time. Remember to grow cannabis without love is to never experience the joy of cannabis cultivation. Some growers with the biggest buds in the world have never grown at all!

S

supasticky

So you havent answered. Why MG instead of a $10 bottle of CNS-17. All together $30. three bottles. Chem just the way you like it. Miracle grow is just a ridiculous way to go when you can buy many different inexpensive nutrients, which has already been stated in this thread(I read through it). You say steroid pumped? organic nutrient supplements are steroid pumped and miracle grow isn't? What you're sayin is crazy. And for someone with 15 YEARS of exp, I would think they know better? part of being a great grower is knowing the products to use. what soil, what water, what nutrients, what light, all things factor in. Grow the way you wanna grow, but don't pretend that your growing to the best of your ability. MG is a joke.

-Supa

Blaze

Blaze

So let's see here, a 32 oz of the MG 12-4-8 All Purpose costs aprox $13 and has an application rate of 1 tsp per gallon. This means the 32 oz bottle of MG will do 192 gallons, which means it costs $0.07 per gallon to use.

A 32 oz bottle of the CNS-17 costs aprox $8.50 and has an application rate of 10 ml, or 2 tsp per gallon. This means the 32 oz bottle of CNS-17 will do 96 gallons which means it costs $0.09 per gallon to use.

So the CNS-17 is more expensive than the MG by $0.02 per gallon, or by 28% a pretty minimal difference. You get what you pay for though - MG is cheap but it is also toxic to the soil biology when use in excess or over an extended period of time.

Top Bottom