Miracle grow soil good?

• Thread starter moyerjoey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

1points3

Hey Moyer. I can't reply to PMs yet due to post count. Using the Organic Choice Miracle Grow outdoors, I have always had to use a fertilizer regiment starting around three weeks of growth. I am roughly in the same neck of the globe as you as well, so growth rates would be similar. Peace.

S

still smokin

I am using the african fiolet formula from miracle grow inside and out . both are kicken ass. i have had my plants out side for a week now and they have already tripled in size. the ons that i have inside you can check them out on my thread and see what you think. i used the MC through out the veg then went to the fox farm for bloom. im sure other stuff works better but when your on a budget like most are . this stuff will work fine .IMO

S

still smokin

sorry dude i said the wrong thread to you . its... 13 days in

S

still smokin

oh yeah and if the gnats come with the soil . witch they can. just get a no pest strip from home depot and they will be gone in 24 hours . i promise. it worked like a champ for me . its still in there and i havent seen hide nor hair of them bastards sinse. nor any other bug.

G

GigZ-16

i disagree. I have ran Fox Farms OCean Forest for 2 years and never burned a seedling or young plant, ever. I have germed seeds in it as well with no problems whatsoever. FF is pricey though.
I recently made the switch to Roots Organic and love it so far.
I have heard Black Gold is decent stuff.

Lets all remember that different strains can tolerate different levels of fertilizers, while others may burn too easy for FF. Thats probably why growers seem split down the subject of soil.

C

caliskunker

x2
Lets all remember that different strains can tolerate different levels of fertilizers, while others may burn too easy for FF. Thats probably why growers seem split down the subject of soil.

C

caliskunker

i love when bam a fuuuuunnkiin gant flies right in yer eye!! damn mg soil

G

GigZ-16

Miracle grow sucks ass ... bottom line .. lol. :P

Wait a second now, MG soils my have a bit of a problem for some or even most strains, but I use its African Violet fert for veg and it keeps my plants green and what I'm presuming is happy.

Unfortunately on most forums MG got a bad rep and alot of newbies jumped on that bandwagon only spreading around misinformation. Time Release ferts can be leeched by heat and water so if all you have is MG time release, bake it at 415 for an hour and flush it a few times and most should be gone.

Patriot

Patriot

i use mg organic, with perlite and mixture of bone and blood meal and i have no problems yet....although i have only used it for the last 4 weeks lol

W

WCC

Wait a second now, MG soils my have a bit of a problem for some or even most strains, but I use its African Violet fert for veg and it keeps my plants green and what I'm presuming is happy.

Unfortunately on most forums MG got a bad rep and alot of newbies jumped on that bandwagon only spreading around misinformation. Time Release ferts can be leeched by heat and water so if all you have is MG time release, bake it at 415 for an hour and flush it a few times and most should be gone.

I've seen AND smoked strains grown in this shit ... and I mean it when I say its SHIT .. lol ..Especially when theres SOOO many other products available that get teh job done ... Four months or growth/flowering in Miracle Grow soil , AND leached for a LONG period of time and the buds still wouldnt smoke ... I've never seen such garbage in my life I.M.O... I also can remember an article in Cannabis Culture a while back testing radioactivity levels in soil ... Miracle grow was #1 on the list !!!!

M

Muddy Paws

I heard that if you grow in Miracle Grow..your head will explode.:icon_dizzy:

Actually, I've found it works just fine with a lot of amendments; perlite, vermiculite earthworm castings and a bit of dolomite.

Use the MG Moisture Control soil...flush it out real good and get as many of the little fertilizer balls out as possible. I never had any problems with harshness or bad flavor from it cause by the time you do a month of veg and 2 months of flowering all the ferts are gone,

It's easier and less expensive to go to your local nursery and use something else. I got some really good Organic soil with Chicken Manure, earthworm castings, lime and oyster shells already in it for half the price of MG.

Give your business to a small nursery and get some better soil and save some $$ while your at it.

G

GigZ-16

Once again, growers seem split on the subject. I've used it in the past and I've gotten good bud.

Is it possible your bad bud was of bad genetics or grew with an environmental stress?

1points3

I think people are confusing the Organic Choice Miracle Grow that the original poster was talking about and plain old Miracle Grow soil. Same company..........waaaayyyy different products.

N

Nuglover

This MG debate will go on as long as there are newbies using it. MG ferts and soil will work and when you smoke what you grow it will get you high and it will taste OK....until you grow with quality soil, then you will see what more experienced growers are talking about. This is not my opinion, it's from experience. My first 2 grows were with MG soil/ferts with ammendments. I grew out some fine bud and it smoked fine....or so I though until I actually spent the money to get quality soil and nutes. Huge difference...huge. If you can't tell the difference between good organic bud and MG bud then you don't have a working tongue and should probably see a doctor. This debate keeps going because MG buds are top notch...'til you actually smoke something top notch. Plus there's alot of new growers that that get 1 grow under their belt and think they know what their doing so they(with good intentions) give bad advise to other newbies and the ball gets rolling. I personally only take my advise from experienced growers. More people should do the same. IMO

M

Muddy Paws

This MG debate will go on as long as there are newbies using it. MG ferts and soil will work and when you smoke what you grow it will get you high and it will taste OK....until you grow with quality soil, then you will see what more experienced growers are talking about. This is not my opinion, it's from experience. My first 2 grows were with MG soil/ferts with ammendments. I grew out some fine bud and it smoked fine....or so I though until I actually spent the money to get quality soil and nutes. Huge difference...huge. If you can't tell the difference between good organic bud and MG bud then you don't have a working tongue and should probably see a doctor. This debate keeps going because MG buds are top notch...'til you actually smoke something top notch. Plus there's alot of new growers that that get 1 grow under their belt and think they know what their doing so they(with good intentions) give bad advise to other newbies and the ball gets rolling. I personally only take my advise from experienced growers. More people should do the same. IMO
I'll agree with you on that...I started out with MG moisture control, but now that I'm developing a more refined taste, I'm ready to try some good Organic soil.

1points3

Again refer to my last post. Please do not insult me or attack me. Organic Choice Potting Mix made by Miracle Gro is Composted Bark, Sphagnum Peat Moss and a tiny amount of chicken poop. The only thing that could even be debated is the wetting agent that Miracle Gro claims to be organic. I will not post in this thread again, and am not trying to stir the pot. MG moisture control is a completely different product. Please do not talk about a product you have never used. I mean, would you tell a person not to use Miracle Gro perlite? It's just perlite for crying out loud. I understand disliking the company and what it stands for, but that does not mean this particular product is bad. Just don't call me a newb....or do, but know I will not tolerate it. I have been a member of CW (old and new), the Cabana, Devil's Harvest and have never been direspected like this. Heck, I have never received anything but love from even ICMAG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom