Mixed spectrum vs full HPS during flower?

• Thread starter whatupdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I would use mh and hps then throw in some UV lights. you could customize a few small led's if you really wanted to get the full spectrum dialed in. but mh hps and uv for bloom no matter what. I just sold my old sunlight supply dualy hood with the original duely ballast, it was the shit.
Take it easy

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

I would use mh and hps then throw in some UV lights. you could customize a few small led's if you really wanted to get the full spectrum dialed in. but mh hps and uv for bloom no matter what. I just sold my old sunlight supply dualy hood with the original duely ballast, it was the shit.
Take it easy
I was thinking something similar.
Flowmaster had insane results IMO with the added UVB from the CFL lamp.
I was thinking of incorporating the HPS and MH with a few of those myself.

PnL

robby coven

robby coven

Just picked up the Ushio MH for the center fixture. 2 Plantmax HPS for the outer fixtures. Snapped a pic of my light setup today, just to show you guys what I'm working with. I'm pretty convinced at this point that the mixed-spectrum setup is the way to go.

View attachment 223786

Hey bud! have you heard of induction lighting??!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Who suggested one bulb(either red or blue leaning) by itself is good? Dankworth if you change that room I see a lot more weight possible. White walls beats everything over a years time. JK
JK,Could you clarify a little more?are you saying that the white walls dont deteriorate and the reflective material does?Curious as to your thinking on this,thanks,FW

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

JK,Could you clarify a little more?are you saying that the white walls dont deteriorate and the reflective material does?Curious as to your thinking on this,thanks,FW

I was thinking the same thing, maybe it has something to do with how the soft material creases over time. Any creases will decrease reflectiveness and walls don't bend or crease.

Maybe I'm wrong but thats my best guess.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I was thinking the same thing, maybe it has something to do with how the soft material creases over time. Any creases will decrease reflectiveness and walls don't bend or crease.

Maybe I'm wrong but thats my best guess.

I was reading what wazzup/gavita had to say about reflectors deteriorating and needing to be replaced yearly and how that might apply to reflective materials for walls which im sure would degrade MUCH faster than than a lights high end reflector surface.According to gavita one of the biggest losses of light occurs because of degradation of the reflective surface.Just thinking out loud...

J

Jalisco Kid

My wrinkled up old ass is more reflective then that crap. The real reason you use paint is for cleanliness. If you floral spray the reflective material will be crapp real soon. Every 2 cycles I sterilize my room. Using a white exterior base allows me to spray and scrub all you want. People lose more light from dirty bulbs but they worry about reflection and other things that are way down on the list. JK

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Who suggested one bulb(either red or blue leaning) by itself is good? Dankworth if you change that room I see a lot more weight possible. White walls beats everything over a years time. JK
i'm curious what else you would change in that photo besides paint on the walls for practicality?

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

I too have been thinking about adding some mh in for the last 1-2 weeks but i am not sure how to implement this. i have 2 rows of 4 600watt hps running in a line, so if i was to add some blue would i add say 2 mh lamps and swap them about every 2 days or really look to add them as extras?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I too have been thinking about adding some mh in for the last 1-2 weeks but i am not sure how to implement this. i have 2 rows of 4 600watt hps running in a line, so if i was to add some blue would i add say 2 mh lamps and swap them about every 2 days or really look to add them as extras?
Id just swap in 2 MH in each row for the last 2 weeks,so hps/mh/hps/mh and if the rows are right next to each other stagger the next row.

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

yea interesting i might just go with that, am leaning more towards the last week though as i don't want to hit the yield

smokey79

smokey79

anyone had any incease in hermi rates??? i tryed to suppliment in my tent cfl vertical with dual spec for growing fine but when i changed to hps at strech seems to confuse them???-possibly slow rate of flower??? am unsure esp as what i have been reading on factors involved in hermiphroditing plants.
jus a though....and not tested this thory but had my first pollenation from femd seed when introduced cfl to grow@point of 12/12 switch or the addition of booster early,
just thought fling it in here see if anyone has info

gumby420

gumby420

i have a 400 mh hanging vertically in between 2 1000 hps. the ladies seem to love it

J

Jalisco Kid

i'm curious what else you would change in that photo besides paint on the walls for practicality?
I place my plants differently, position my lights differently, use a different airflow pattern,trim the insides of my plants differently,. I just mentioned this earlier because I know he likes different ideas to look at. I like to pump my plants with the least amount of stress. This is contradictory but there is a fine line you can follow.

smokey79

smokey79

sorry for bein busy not having bb , i was doing research into selfing,femed/reg seed, and the fact that femd seed still self/hermi, genetics/enviromtial factors, i think it was boost too early during flower that caused my femed seed to hermi so bad so quick but was devistating, i only introduced, dual spec hps and cfls along with boosts...i believe boost early inflowering and stress be the factors which caused this...however thought would fling it out there n see if there any correlation, as i have thought that strong blue light during flowr can confuse, i also note my plants do repair better through flower but maintain a much slowed rate of vertical growth compaired with straight hps, less strech,--could be reflector related but think blue light has some factor, could be sativa in hybrids, jus tryin learn, save cash get females max, a true female would be nice=). hope helps.;)

smokey79

smokey79

fishwistle, i have read this also and although not tryed myself believe blue spec in this period helps and think this be correct if pref milky trich to amber....however i am askin more at the begining of inducing flower end veg because am trying maximise females from seed and have read alot that enviroment at stadges can make the diff from male/female/hermi ratios....however yeah this mayb gettin kinda deep, n keepin shit simple works also, it when u been dialled in with setup, shit changed and now problems, usual info/theory overloads. thanks for imput

Top Bottom