Mixing nutrients for coco for stable PH

• Thread starter Clearbluesky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Has anyone here try mixing your nutrients in RO water.
Take your RO water and mix in silica
Then PH your RO water to PH 6.5
Then add your calmagic and nutrients and then PH it again.
It's supposed to keep your PH stable.
But everytime I have tried it things just don't work that way for me.
Please give me your input on this type of mixing up your solution, be interesting to see how many of you can do this.
Aqua man tried to explain it to me how to do it but I can't get it to work that way.
Thanks for all input on this ahead of time if any.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
i use RO exclusively and i fill a 20 gallon res ...
add Silica and or calmag, H&G coco A, H&G coco B, any additives and then PH
i check Ph before every watering and adjust as needed.

Veg+Bloom powder was always 5.8-5.9 for PH. i stopped checking when i use it.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I'm in flower right now, so I mixed my reservoir with RO water and tap water in a 19 gallon reservoir, mixed the two together until I got 120 ppm then added 60 grams of maxibloom and mixed it up and it came out at 680 ppm and PH 6.2 which should be ok in coco will see. But didn't have to add any PH solution. I know if I need to lower PH I can up the feed a little to drop PH more so I will see how it works.
I'm going to give Aquaman's one more try to day to see if it works, doing RO water and silica then PH ing it to 6.5 then add nutrients and PH it again, supposed to keep pH from drifting.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I was not completely right on the way to do the mixture, but I got it now and I will see if it works.
Add silica to your Ro water and give it time to bond to water.
Then check your pH which should be on the high side, so bring the PH down to 6.5
Second if you have ever made up your nutrients how much pH up does it take to get your desired pH.what ever that number is that what you use next.
So add that to your 6.5 that you have and it's going to raise it again.
So you go ahead and bring it back down to PH 6.5 after that you are ready to put your nutrients together.
Go ahead and add your calmagic if you use it and your nutrients, after mixing everything up it should be close to the PH that you desire, if not adjust it to where you want it.
Once you get this down with a few small tries, then you can do a big reservoir, the purpose for doing it this way will keep you from having any precipitation or fall out of any nutrients and bottom of your reservoir should have nothing on it.
My next reservoir fill I will do it this way. Took aquaman a couple of days getting it into my head to get it right.
I thank him for his patience.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

My autos are 55 days from seed,
Probably another 30 days for plant in front and 6 weeks for plant in back.

IMG 0178
IMG 0176
IMG 0177
N

NoxFire

RO water works well with coco. Now depending on your water source will dictate your mineral composition. Most RO systems will tout pure water but most RO systems will produce an incredibly solute/mineral content seen with an EC of typicaly under < 30 . Consequently now giving a farmer the ability to amend water ( add nutes) without competition from base line mineral content or risk rootzone lock out.

Now consequently, the varying mineral cont of your RO water, temp makes each pH adjustment individualized. So likely why it will fail. Silica does not stabilize pH, for pH stability and very good acid base buffer would be needed see below .

I recommend finding a pH buffer to help keep your pH within the spectrum for optimal growth.

For instance, i keep my plants fed at a pH of 5.8-6.3. I am currently testing a pH buffer for TPS. When I make solution pH is very low . I raise it to 5.8. The previously added buffer keeps rhe pH in range for two days. If it out of range I went from 3 mL pH Down to two drops or 2/10 or a mL to correct .

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Maybe aquaman will jump in and explain things better than what I did. My reservoir last three days so I could just use tap water mixed with RO water and adjust my ph by just adding my nutrients and don't have to use pH up or down, but just something else to learn to have in my notes. What product do you use to keep a stable pH. Thank you. My next grow will be a cross that I made so want different options for the strain.

Observationist

Observationist

I was not completely right on the way to do the mixture, but I got it now and I will see if it works.
Add silica to your Ro water and give it time to bond to water.
Then check your pH which should be on the high side, so bring the PH down to 6.5
Second if you have ever made up your nutrients how much pH up does it take to get your desired pH.what ever that number is that what you use next.
So add that to your 6.5 that you have and it's going to raise it again.
So you go ahead and bring it back down to PH 6.5 after that you are ready to put your nutrients together.
Go ahead and add your calmagic if you use it and your nutrients, after mixing everything up it should be close to the PH that you desire, if not adjust it to where you want it.
Once you get this down with a few small tries, then you can do a big reservoir, the purpose for doing it this way will keep you from having any precipitation or fall out of any nutrients and bottom of your reservoir should have nothing on it.
My next reservoir fill I will do it this way. Took aquaman a couple of days getting it into my head to get it right.
I thank him for his patience.
6.5 seems a little high for synthetic/coco

5.5-6.2

N

NoxFire

Maybe aquaman will jump in and explain things better than what I did. My reservoir last three days so I could just use tap water mixed with RO water and adjust my ph by just adding my nutrients and don't have to use pH up or down, but just something else to learn to have in my notes. What product do you use to keep a stable pH. Thank you. My next grow will be a cross that I made so want different options for the strain.
Before I started beta testing Total Plant Science Nutes pH stabilizer. I was using H and G pH and Osmosis.

For mixing wise mix H and G pH and Osmosis first wait 10-15 minutes, then silica wait 10-15 minutes ( silica needs time to disolve, more pure water quicker ) then any remaining component nute or your a and b .

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

6.5 isn't what you end up with, that's just part of the process you go threw before mixing your nutrients. The key thing is using pH up before you start to mix your nutrients. Yes silica needs time to bond to your RO water.

Top Bottom