Mixing organic and mineral fertilizers and feeding

• Thread starter THraCian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THraCian

THraCian

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding mixing organic and mineral fertilizers and feeding.

I am a fairly new grower and have currently only been using the BioTabs lineup pre-amending the soil, adding bacterias, brewing tea etc, but I've only watered with tap water and no other ferts applied.
But recently I've been interested in trying out Advanced Nutrients lineup, and noticed they have both mineral and organic in their products and schedules.

I am growing in soil (Biobizz light-mix + added perlite).

If I use the Sensi or 3-part base ferts and mineral additives they have with Voodoo Juice, Tarantula, Piranha, Bud Candy and other organic ferts from their lineup, won't the mineral salts harm the bacterias in the organic products and make them less effective or just straight kill the bacterias?

And my other question is regarding how to feed and the feeding frequency.
Using only water and having slow-release tabs so far, I've never had to actually feed my plants with liquid solutions.

I remember reading when you feed with mineral ferts, you need to water until there is runoff, does that apply for a mix of mineral + organic ferts?

In the Advanced Nutrients schedule, they have ml/l per week. Does that mean that you feed only once per week, and not with each watering?
If you are doing only water, do you also water until runoff, or just about?

And if it's ok to mix the organic + mineral stuff they have, when you feed the plant, do you recommend first mixing all minerals, watering, then on the next watering, do organics only and so on, or just straight up feeding it all at once?

Thanks

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

If it was me only, I would mix you organics and minerals in different mixes/jugs/containers. Maybe use one one week and use the other the following week. Based on the manufacturers directions. Again, In My Book Only, only mix whatever you are mixing at about 3/4 strength and if you are growing autos only mix at half strength. Based on your set up with dirt.... Are you able to lift your pots?? Dont just automatically water at given schedules. Check the weight of what your growing in, your buckets or aero pots. When they get really light weight wise, then you water or feed. I would only feed/ fertilize about every 4th or 5th feed. Otherwise straight water. Preferably PH'd to (If your in dirt) about 5.5 - Also pour your water into a container and let it set about 24 hours. When you are done watering, fill your bucket or jug up right then and there and leave the cap off and let it sit until you need it in another couple days. This will allow chlorine to disepate or bleed out through the top from your water or solution. 2 different sets of stuff/nutrients might be overkill until you get totally comfortable and get a couple runs under your belt. You are going to fail at something... I do not mean that in a bad way and do not beat yourself up over it. just be prepared for that. Do not get discouraged and keep at it. It's one hell of a hobby once you get hooked. I'd like to see pictures and I hope you stick with it with low expectations until you've had a couple of runs at it. After a few runs then you start with your fine tuning. If you think you are going to make bud of the month or photo of the month on your first try, your not. (Personally if you do, I will be the first to congratulate you and say good job buddy) (And who knows, you might, but...) Again do not beat yourself up. Now, If by your 4th, 5th run if you make the same mistakes over and over then it's a problem. Keep an open mind and an open ear. My 2 cents worth - Only... Picts - Picts - Picts???

I have a grow going that I am calling my I Dont Give a F grow - I'm using blurples and Happy frog - Nothing else. I am not going to even PH the water just to see how it goes. - Anyhoo - Lots of words, Right? -

Last edited:
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Awesome job so far. Do you have your own thread for this? If So - Let me know where. - Pulling up a chair.

Top Bottom