mmc contracts?

• Thread starter muchacho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Like any other business, it depends on the owners and management. In the last 3 years with 10+ employees we have never lost a worker. If you take care of your people, they will hang with you.

Right on. Happy employees usually makes for happy customers. Happy customers are good for business. :D

outwest

C

ClearWater

I honestly cant believe there are so many people still involved in the MMC shit. People still do that?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

If i can make even 20k in a year and get kicked out I'd be plenty happy. I want to do what I love, and thats growing marijuana. I used to submit applications/resumes on a site called marijuanajobs or something like that. Dozens of apps without ever getting a responce. I just assumed it was fake or some way for the feds to gather info so I stopped submitting them after a couple of months. Do these MMC's ever take on newhires or interns?

sky high

sky high

If you can't make 20K on your own in a year you aren't much of a grower....

jus' sayin'.....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
$20k a year and your a happy camper...really? that doesn't even cover my residential electric bill for the year

You should raise your expectations a little my friend or look into trimmin for a livin

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

You should raise your expectations a little my friend or look into trimmin for a livin

right.....I could make way more than that just trimming if need be....but that ruins a mans body...haha..back to the grow.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Cant believe people are talking freely about this. I dont make a dime(of course im not in the place of having to declare any of it)......and lets keep everyone thinking that. Purely for the head....wha?

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Colorado allows for caregivers to charge patients for the cost of producing the meds that they grow and that cost includes a reasonable compensation for the time and effort put in as well... You can easily make 20k a year doing that... But like Tex said, that isn't shit...

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

What a bunch of spoiled brats you are. With so many millions of people unemployed and in such a way that they need assistance to live, you bitch when your in a grand posistion in life.

Almost all my friends I grew up with live off of 200 dollars foodstamps as their SOLE INCOME. They trade half of it for $50 or less a month and eat on the other hundred.
There are no jobs here. When a job does open up, for a single opening there are thousands of applicants and you get crowded out by people who are way over qualified to work in the posistion but they take what they can get. My local mcdonalds is employed only by people age 65 and up! The only alternative job for a young person is to sell meth or prositution, because weed doesnt sell here unless its fire or you can sell garbage to kids.

So if you actually know people who are paying 20k a year or more for trimmers, by all means point the way to the promise land because it sure the fuck aint here.

dankworth

dankworth

What a bunch of spoiled brats you are. With so many millions of people unemployed and in such a way that they need assistance to live, you bitch when your in a grand posistion in life.

Almost all my friends I grew up with live off of 200 dollars foodstamps as their SOLE INCOME. They trade half of it for $50 or less a month and eat on the other hundred.
There are no jobs here. When a job does open up, for a single opening there are thousands of applicants and you get crowded out by people who are way over qualified to work in the posistion but they take what they can get. My local mcdonalds is employed only by people age 65 and up! The only alternative job for a young person is to sell meth or prositution, because weed doesnt sell here unless its fire or you can sell garbage to kids.

So if you actually know people who are paying 20k a year or more for trimmers, by all means point the way to the promise land because it sure the fuck aint here.

We clawed our way into this position through adversity, pain, fatigue, nausea, loss of relationships and families, financial crises. Many of us have been at this since before there were any medical hoops to jump through.

I started with a
http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGz1vpfiyEQCCPSx5f_MmZnGPt5UbP5Hm8l1YIaXBmU1GpzSvS
putting
http://t3.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGxA1wWTvwT9HLy2pYoHczQ3QMZCa8aaF5tfzlmcogoqFM3Dc
in
http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvsPcVjKrZWRz1QDjzqGFT3NcH1qHHmCFWMW7ypIwU1bL1NqxXzg

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Yeah, and during those times you could work an entry level job at a mill and support a family while paying off your mortgage. Welcome to the era of foodstamps wic and tanif. Where you make better wages making babies and living off the government then you do while working honestly.

Edit: I have always wanted a pager and would prefer one over a cell phone. "Fuck, I'll talk to you when I have time."

manitoid.

manitoid.

You're making it sound a lot better than it actually is. Dispos fuck growers over pretty regularly, and drive the price down for the underground growers. It's possible to make it work, but you still have to put your work in. And fuck the MMC game.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
You guys live in candyland and are bitching about getting paid 50k+ a year for a job that doesnt even require a formal education.
No one is bitching about money here, but about being taken advantage of by people who do not honor agreements. Yes, it was annoying transitioning to post-prohibition market prices, but the relevant factor concerning contracts is not the money they "promise", it is the legal necessity to protect ourselves from being taken advantage of- as is far too common in Colorado's grey/white market.

Am I supposed to feel bad that they have to trade for $ because they're unable to buy alcohol and cigs with foodstamps? Admittedly harsh assumption- of course not all impoverished people drink alcohol and smoke cigarette, although an overwhelming majority keep themselves poor by their unconscious habits.
There are no jobs here. When a job does open up, for a single opening there are thousands of applicants and you get crowded out by people who are way over qualified to work in the posistion but they take what they can get. My local mcdonalds is employed only by people age 65 and up!
Times are tough in America right now, but this entire rant is irrelevant to the discussion. With that said, get it how you live, homie, live how you get it... Plenty of people here with so few options they have to rely on government assistance, it's not exclusive to your town.
So... only when everyone has jobs will I have a legitimate complaint regarding whether or not I am legally compensated or reimbursed, in accordance with Colorado labor laws, for my time and unique skill set by a state lisenced facility? That is broken logic. In fact it seems the words of a fool trying to "sound" right, regardless of the formality of actually being right.
The only alternative job for a young person is to sell meth or prositution, because weed doesnt sell here unless its fire or you can sell garbage to kids.

Who are you to judge meth dealers and prostitutes who take their financial security into their own hands rather than accept limited government handouts? Meth is Schedule II and therefore has more acknowledged medical benefit than that of cannabis, while sex has proven to be among the most therapeutic acts known to man, the marketing of such being thousands of years old, for better or for worse.
We, as cannabis growers are no better or worse for our efforts toward self reliance, despite our sometimes grandiose self-perceptions "related to helping sick people". I know that even though my "medicine" is sold in a retail location, rather than a parking lot or basement, the majority of those who use it do so recreationally, for better or for worse.
Why would you want to come to the land of spoiled complaining brats? Surely it's not for the money you've just been telling us we're lepers for feeling entitled to?
As a grower in oregon I can't beleive anyone could bitch at being compensated for their time.
As a grower in Oregon your opinion regarding CO MMCs and how it relates to the medical scene in your state is not relevant to the conversation.

My intention here is not to be a jerk, but to let you know that- despite who you really may be as a person- you are insulting people, intentionally or not, and coming across as an ignorant dick.

M

muchacho

Oh wow!!! This thread turned to something else... lol... I just wanted to know if anyone worked for mmc under contract..... lmfao
But seriously guys OUT OF STATE, there is no pot of gold at this end of the rainbow, maybe pot of gold (from flying Dutchman) POORLY grown and selling for $125oz, and like some one else mentioned in this thread, these days $125oz will sell OUT quick and your top shelf, super long flowering, no yielding, bitch to grow, elite strains will sit around much longer. Just the way it is.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I took a cut in pay to come to a med state and play by the rules for sure...it is one costly bitch to play with

I don't charge at all for the meds, I charge $200 an oz to trim....lol

Trimmin is a $12.00/hour job down here, plenty of it to go around still, its just another job except you have to register witrh the state, get a back ground check, pay a fee, and get on someones time clock...its a tough livin though and you better have a decent back

Funny thing is that alot of us here could probably hit your town and do very well, its all in the attitude and mindset....motivated entrepeneurs dont really have the time or mindset to piss and moan....they just get to gettin...why others are having a problem, I could only guess

My spoiled brat ass had $50k in attorney fees the first 6 months of trying to follow the state guidlines, that was just to start...we were blowin out big spaces just to keep up with the fees and changing regulations...moved a full blown bakery three different times and one of those was a ground up new buildout that Le Mandeline would have been proud of...I felt real spoiled that week..lol

As far as the contracts, they look and sound no different than they have from the beginning, an owner trying to figure out how to pimp out a bunch of growers in order to feather their own nest......bring your gear, your genetics, your talent, and then when you have it all on the line, get into a pissin match about quality, price, expences, amount....I mean everything and pretty much the next step is to lock you out and they say fuck you sue me

If someone tells you that you are goin to make $100k a year as a grower and you get two payments for $2500 bucks and then get run off...you didn't and aren't makin $100k a year..you made $5000 bucks, some people just can not make that destinction.....kind of like sellin $250/oz's and tellin everyone you get $4000/lb....not the same thing at all and there is alot of that out here

sky high

sky high

I'm still waitin' for the DEA bus to show up and level this playing feild again...

fuckin Gov't initiated monopolies and warehouses full of shit weed...the "Centers"....."Broadsterdam".....and yes...even those highly-sought after 20K a year trimming jobs.....all of it needs to fuckin' go away...

K

kolah

I'd rather see peeps growing and making $20k (from trimming, of course) then mooching off big gov for food stamps!

I can easily live off $20k per year. Now if I wanted to be a slimeball-mooching-lazyass-american-mofo (or an illegal alien) I could easily apply and get welfare money, food stamps, free medical, etc. I'll die first.

That's all I have to say. For now.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
that was deep NT
hahaha thanks.
Oh wow!!! This thread turned to something else... lol... I just wanted to know if anyone worked for mmc under contract..... lmfao
Isn't it funny how suffering annoyance becomes a more difficult task as a direct corollary of excessive levels of pain? For days I was annoyed by this kid's posts, however silent, then a nerve twinge fires up and my patience goes out the window....Pretty standard, and even though I stick to what I said, I freely laugh at myself.

I'm still waitin' for the DEA bus to show up and level this playing feild again...fuckin Gov't initiated monopolies and warehouses full of shit weed...the "Centers"....."Broadsterdam".....and yes...even those highly-sought after 20K a year trimming jobs.....all of it needs to fuckin' go away...
Still on the fence about this attitude, although it is creeping up in me. The industry is still in it's infancy, but it seems like several years of bureaucratic nonsense/infighting to clean the mess that's been made by the years of bureaucratic nonsense/infighting that has pushed this thing into the corner of legal compliance it is in. Typical of most new freedoms- the lid is blown off- abuses occur, bureaucracy ensues, freedoms are curtailed. I don't wish the DEA on anyone, but if they stopped operation of some of the big offenders, I'd quietly applaud the outcome, if not the efforts.

Funny thing is that alot of us here could probably hit your town and do very well, its all in the attitude and mindset....motivated entrepeneurs dont really have the time or mindset to piss and moan....they just get to gettin...why others are having a problem, I could only guess
Exactly! Reminds me of ignorant notions of wealth distribution. It's my feeling that if all wealth was portioned out equally (with or without an accompanying social revolution), within no more than two generations the same billionaire families would be back in the positions they once held, and the impoverished would quickly find themselves scraping for dough and asking for handouts, screaming about the injustice of it all. (Assuming, of course, following said distribution capitalism remained intact as the socioeconomic order)

As far as the contracts, they look and sound no different than they have from the beginning, an owner trying to figure out how to pimp out a bunch of growers in order to feather their own nest......bring your gear, your genetics, your talent, and then when you have it all on the line, get into a pissin match about quality, price, expences, amount....I mean everything and pretty much the next step is to lock you out and they say fuck you sue me
Real truth, plainly stated as usual. An MMC or warehouse operator with integrity is rare in this industry, in this state, but they are around. Although they're about as rare as the self-made cannabis millionaires who play by all the rules.

If someone tells you that you are goin to make $100k a year as a grower and you get two payments for $2500 bucks and then get run off...you didn't and aren't makin $100k a year..you made $5000 bucks, some people just can not make that destinction.....kind of like sellin $250/oz's and tellin everyone you get $4000/lb....not the same thing at all and there is alot of that out here
hahaha Yes! Self-deception is an industry all it's own.

Top Bottom