MMJ friendly counties around Denver?

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HIGHRiskINC

HIGHRiskINC

Obviously, I'll have an attorney.

I'm tryin to get idea's of areas to look in first. "from the locals" so to speak. Thanks for the advice.

muir

muir

Obviously, I'll have an attorney.

I'm tryin to get idea's of areas to look in first. "from the locals" so to speak. Thanks for the advice.

well, you were asking about Golden which is a municipality within JeffCo, not Denver.

Also, the state is taking an antagonistic position regarding liquor licensing and the city pot smoking Initiative 300. That is why I recommended that you talk to an attorney.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

OK, so I'm Looking to open a bar in Denver, with the new designated POT Smoking garden (license) . Was looking at a place in Golden, but I hear that's not a good area for the acceptance.

So does anyone have any suggestions?
Don't do it. I think you are looking at enough risk to make hiring effective counsel a requirement. Cops can't even keep up with all of the new regs and rule changes.

Bars on average fail at about 25% their first year, 20 the second and 15 year three onward.

Also, your bar will not allowed to enjoy the benefits of public marijuana consumption.
[http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/1...juana-use-permits-allowed-by-initiative-300/]

That said, good luck.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

Denver is done, CO is done. Move to another state and try to squeeze in.

This is from my experience of just getting rail loaded after my 3 million dollar build out of a brand new facility with 260 lights and then getting a shit storm after city council and C*NTROY taking over L&E and being the fucking state regulatory head.

IT IS a rigged game everywhere. The commercial industry is garbage, do what you love and forget about going big because it is not what you think nor will you make it in CO whatsoever.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Denver is done, CO is done. Move to another state and try to squeeze in.

This is from my experience of just getting rail loaded after my 3 million dollar build out of a brand new facility with 260 lights and then getting a shit storm after city council and C*NTROY taking over L&E and being the fucking state regulatory head.

IT IS a rigged game everywhere. The commercial industry is garbage, do what you love and forget about going big because it is not what you think nor will you make it in CO whatsoever.
It is rigged but
We are doing what we absolutely love here in Colorado....
More to living than pot profit...
Small scale, quality, we feed ourselves real foods, way more work than growing pot.
Am well supplied with all we need, it's not about profit, it's about doing what is right for man and beast...

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

It is rigged but
Small scale, quality, we feed ourselves real foods, way more work than growing pot.
Am well supplied with all we need, it's not about profit, it's about doing what is right for man and beast...
There are no more small scale facilities left that aren't assets of a larger brand. Not saying don't try, but good luck hopefully someone can survive the onslaught of money pouring into the state.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
There are no more small scale facilities left that aren't assets of a larger brand. Not saying don't try, but good luck hopefully someone can survive the onslaught of money pouring into the state.

what I mean is Colorado is an awesome place for other things besides growing pot...
The organic movement is huge, veggies, veggie starts, cut flowers, hay organic feed corn, whole roasting chickens, more to life than making money growing weed.......

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Don't do it. I think you are looking at enough risk to make hiring effective counsel a requirement. Cops can't even keep up with all of the new regs and rule changes.

Bars on average fail at about 25% their first year, 20 the second and 15 year three onward.

Also, your bar will not allowed to enjoy the benefits of public marijuana consumption.
[http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/1...juana-use-permits-allowed-by-initiative-300/]

That said, good luck.
Any of the bars I used to frequent would never fail......

bongzaway

bongzaway

i prefer undergrounding it...in the states where its still illegal..
jes becuz it aint really legal in the states that say its legal. plus ya get more return in the "nonlegal" states. this mj legal thing is badnews.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

what I mean is Colorado is an awesome place for other things besides growing pot...
The organic movement is huge, veggies, veggie starts, cut flowers, hay organic feed corn, whole roasting chickens, more to life than making money growing weed.......

I never mentioned anything other than the state's regulated marijuana industry. Please don't respond if you're not going to stay on topic. I am a CO native, born and raised, attended HS and completed my undergraduate degree here. I am not bashing the state as a whole so do not go off topic and hound me because I don't believe the system is evolving or has evolved into a fair and balanced new and burgeoning market. Nor did I ever say it was about the money. I said the regulated market is shit. This is also due to the MED now setting the average prices for all marijuana related products within the market. Again, don't try and bash me for things I never even mentioned. This thread is about friendly counties towards mmc businesses and caregivers under amendment20, and they don't exist anymore.

Every county there is a war on caregivers, and also either a moratorium on all licensing for new marijuana entities. This is what the thread is about. Not bars, or your organic farming and lifestyle. Don't force your idealistic views into a forum about cannabis.

Thanks, hopefully you're not confused now. I have built a business in the industry here from scratch, a 12k sq./ft facility from scratch with all engineering done by myself and my team of contractors and engineers, to the new ridiculous ever changing code. So don't chime in with worthless information and taking the thread off topic.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

Any of the bars I used to frequent would never fail......
Give them 2 years and then you can say that truthfully. Please don't drag your idealistic views out all over this thread again don't chime in unless you have something to add to the topic a hand, which so far you have not.
Cheers.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

It is rigged but

Also not everyone here has what they need such as basic resources or access to small scale farms and CO ops for food. So again please stop acting like the world is a perfect place and that I am some sort of complaining idiot that does not see anything positive about the state. Go post on your local farms boards with this kind garbage unrelated to anything in this thread.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

To the OP, if you need a good law firm, Mcallister Law Firm is the way to go. I believe he just merged with Dan Garfield as well. Hoban law firm I would not recommend and Corry is a media whore. Jeff Guard in Boulder is an excellent attorney as well from speaking with my buddy Aaron who owns boulderRX and went through a similar situation with the city of Boulder pulling city licenses for no reason. Litigated for 3 years with a law suit and finally won against Boulder.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry if that hit a soft spot. Stay on topic so people actually can get coherent and correct information about the OP.

Stay on topic?? Lot to ask of us stoners......Just saying.....
The OP is long gone, so I doubt he would be concerned...
So you say the industry is out of reach for most..
I come up with an alternative idea meaning one can grow a little weed, find a community to be a part of, lots of folks around here have the dream of leaving the city, growing more than weed.....
Just ranting....
Like the kids say whatever dude...lol.....

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

Stay on topic?? Lot to ask of us stoners......Just saying.....
The OP is long gone, so I doubt he would be concerned...
So you say the industry is out of reach for most..
I come up with an alternative idea meaning one can grow a little weed, find a community to be a part of, lots of folks around here have the dream of leaving the city, growing more than weed.....
Just ranting....
Like the kids say whatever dude...lol.....
The industry is locked out for all.

Again this thread is not about growing food and cannabis this is about current counties friendly to amendment 20. There are none left.

Don't act like you were ranting when you straight out blasted me about leaving the city and growing a few plants. Start a new thread for yourself.

And I am not a kid. Thirty years young and have done more and learned more about the inner workings of the industry as I hold licensing for a new MMC and OPC.

Have you any idea what it even takes to get just state licensed and then locally? Probably not. Again go make a new thread about your lifestyle.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

OH OH OH!!!

Glad you have relevant responses to up your post count, not.

Chicken man I think your chickens are calling you back to their coop.

Next time you lose face from misinformation and personal ideals being pervasively placed upon non relevant topics, just buck up and learn from what was just posted instead of continuing your trolling.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Glad you have relevant responses to up your post count, not.

Chicken man I think your chickens are calling you back to their coop.

Next time you lose face from misinformation and personal ideals being pervasively placed upon non relevant topics, just buck up and learn from what was just posted instead of continuing your trolling.
LOL..Your right..
But really not meaning to troll seriously...Nor did lose face....
Hope were good, sorry for off topic, am a much older man ya know..
I feel for you. I know it as a lot of work you put into this and I totally agree the so called fat cats wrecked it for all..
Soon we may not even be able to grow at home..
Best of luck in the future for all.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom