MmJoy my grow with Me

• Thread starter MmJoyMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Hey 👋 I'm Misty and I am Starting a grow diary to track my experience with my first grow.

I started out with a bunch of seedlings sprouted in 1 pot. Thanks to Homesteader's advice I dunked them and put them in their own pots! I lost a few but thats fine, I didn't have the room for all 9 anyways.

All if these plants I still have, were germinated at the same time from bag seeds I had collected from med stuff I bought over last year, and are now in 3in biodegradable cups a coco/soil mix I mixed up. I think they are day 14.

I was originally only watering with tap and have not been monitoring the ppm or Ph.i still need to buy one of the testers .

After scrolling through many threads I read I shouldn't have been watering plain with coco ,OOPS! (Does that matter if I mixed with some soil?)So I ordered a nutrient system Advanced nutes grow micro bloom kit. With their water yesterday mixed in .5ml of each. A few are droopy this morning but I think they weren't ready for as much water as I gave them.

The light i am using is a 600w full spectrum Led I bought on Amazon i am looking at buying 5 3 gallon vivosun pots and fox farm soil next week, (is that too small?)

Any advice helps!!

Mmjoy my grow with me
Mmjoy my grow with me 2
Mmjoy my grow with me 3
Mmjoy my grow with me 4
Mmjoy my grow with me 5
Mmjoy my grow with me 6
amekins

amekins

Hey 👋 I'm Misty and I am Starting a grow diary to track my experience with my first grow.

I started out with a bunch of seedlings sprouted in 1 pot. Thanks to Homesteader's advice I dunked them and put them in their own pots! I lost a few but thats fine, I didn't have the room for all 9 anyways.

All if these plants I still have, were germinated at the same time from bag seeds I had collected from med stuff I bought over last year, and are now in 3in biodegradable cups a coco/soil mix I mixed up. I think they are day 14.

I was originally only watering with tap and have not been monitoring the ppm or Ph.i still need to buy one of the testers .

After scrolling through many threads I read I shouldn't have been watering plain with coco ,OOPS! (Does that matter if I mixed with some soil?)So I ordered a nutrient system Advanced nutes grow micro bloom kit. With their water yesterday mixed in .5ml of each. A few are droopy this morning but I think they weren't ready for as much water as I gave them.

The light i am using is a 600w full spectrum Led I bought on Amazon i am looking at buying 5 3 gallon vivosun pots and fox farm soil next week, (is that too small?)

Any advice helps!!
Do you have any perlite mixed in to help with oxygen and drainage? I’ve grown in soil and coco, but not combined. That said, coco has zero nutrients to feed your plants though they probably didn’t need much their first 3-4 weeks.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Do you have any perlite mixed in to help with oxygen and drainage? I’ve grown in soil and coco, but not combined. That said, coco has zero nutrients to feed your plants though they probably didn’t need much their first 3-4 weeks.

Hey! Thanks for your response ❤

I did not add in any perlite myself. I've never grown in anything ever, so I have really just been winging it while reading on this site since they actually sprouted. I've noticed I've made some mistakes but am hoping to turn it all around atleast for learning benefits.

I've noticed some of the white roots coming through the holes I've poked into the bottoms of these pots and figured its almost time to order additional mediam to transplant too and pots. If the nutes I gave them don't kill them, Ha!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Welcome to the hobby! Biggest tip i can give at this stage is resist the urge to over parent them, and most importantly let those pots get dry before watering again if you have more than about 30% soil mixed in with that coco. The biggest new grower booboo is watering too frequently. When you water feed a very mild nutrient solution ph'd near or just under 6ph and soak the media completely until you get a little runoff.

How much soil did you mix in the coco?
For future growing projects or even when you transplant to a bigger container id recommend sticking to either coco or soil and not blending them, as they should be treated somewhat differently.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Welcome to the hobby! Biggest tip i can give at this stage is resist the urge to over parent them, and most importantly let those pots get dry before watering again if you have more than about 30% soil mixed in with that coco. The biggest new grower booboo is watering too frequently. When you water feed a very mild nutrient solution ph'd near or just under 6ph and soak the media completely until you get a little runoff.

How much soil did you mix in the coco?
For future growing projects or even when you transplant to a bigger container id recommend sticking to either coco or soil and not blending them, as they should be treated somewhat differently.

Thank you for your response,

I think 30% soil right now i could be wrong 🤔
I should have waited longer before I watered last but wanted to throw some nutrients in there since I'd been giving tap up til then. I will be checking on them at 10 tonight, right now super sad looking. I've not invested much into this so far so its great learning for when I do my next. I'm looking at transfer into foxfarms if they keep on growing.

Fingers crossed

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thank you for your response,

I think 30% soil right now i could be wrong 🤔
I should have waited longer before I watered last but wanted to throw some nutrients in there since I'd been giving tap up til then. I will be checking on them at 10 tonight, right now super sad looking. I've not invested much into this so far so its great learning for when I do my next. I'm looking at transfer into foxfarms if they keep on growing.

Fingers crossed
FFOF would be a great choice as it takes a bit of the guess work out. You dont need to feed the plants anything but plain water for a month or so and you learn how to do proper wet/dry cycles with it.

Id recommend reading through MiMeds perpetual thread if you go that route. Its a wealth of information and really adheres to ubiquitous gardening fundamentals. Lots to learn about there.

amekins

amekins

Hey! Thanks for your response ❤

I did not add in any perlite myself. I've never grown in anything ever, so I have really just been winging it while reading on this site since they actually sprouted. I've noticed I've made some mistakes but am hoping to turn it all around atleast for learning benefits.

I've noticed some of the white roots coming through the holes I've poked into the bottoms of these pots and figured its almost time to order additional mediam to transplant too and pots. If the nutes I gave them don't kill them, Ha!
Your first grow (of anything) sounds a lot like my first grow (of anything) last summer. Enjoy the process! It only gets better from here! This is a wonderful community. Welcome to the farm, Misty! I’m Amy. Nice to “meet” you! ❤️🌱🧚‍♂️

Moshmen

Moshmen

Welcome! Before I came to the farm you had to smoke a whole joint by itself to catch a buzz and meh on the taste - then I found this place, now most people I smoke with ask if I can get any more and what’s the price.
Mimed has definitely got it goin on! Dirtbag is being modest ck his threads as well. Lots of great help here ! Chef Amy here is no slouch herself . If my wife cooked like her I’d prolly weigh 300 lbs.

Sorry for the jabber super high already it’s 5:00! Lmao

Treecutter

Treecutter

FfOf my vote too for first time.
Filtering chlorine or chloromine out of the water is a good idea too.

Light hight and power at all stages seedling, veg and flower for your light would be good for you to know too. With a light too far away and not enough power, it will keep stretching up to get the required light causing weak a stem.

There are a mass of grow diaries on the net and apps where you can see other people's grows of many strains by specific breeders. Good info where it's documented by week, nutrients and conditions.

Cheap ppm meter and pH meter goes a long way. On a new soil it's always been a good practice to know what your run off ppm and pH is on fresh soil before you start groing in it. This allows adjustment to be made later on. This also allows you to regulate your pH of your water to your desired need.

You can grow in a multiple mediums as long as you know what the conditions are the plant or strains like.

Liquid nutrients, less concentrate to start is best practice. Right now I'm in week 7 with autos and using about 1/4 of recommendation. Any more than that I get neutrient burn.

Cal/Mag supplimenthe is always good to have on hand.

Wet to dry watering is a must. A lot of people just know by the weight of their pot when to water.

Transplanting into bigger pots: focus your watering around the center for 2-3 weeks before working your watering towards the outside of the pots.

I better end it there, I could go on and on with all my screw ups I've learned from but I think those above will give you a good start.

Hope you have a great grow. Don't let it be stressful, less is more and easier to recover from.

If you think you have too much nutrient's you can always flush the nutrients with fresh filtered water.
Here's mine in week 7

20210211 221528
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

7, 5 ,10

These plants hate me after I foolishly gave them those nutrients I think 🤔

Right now 3 of 6 are all laid down, I wonder if maybe they are too heavy for the stem they grew out searching for the light.

I haven't watered them today, so the pots could dry. I leave the water out in a open container to let the chlorine evaporate until the next day.

Lowered the lights this morning, to 4 inches above the one standing tallest. Just noticed one of the fans died on my light. And some of the tips are burnt.

Making a trip to the Hydropinucs store this weekend to get Fox farm some pots and a ppm/pH meter.

20210212 191311
20210212 193145
20210212 193254
20210212 193411
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You could use chopsticks in the soil, and gently support with twist ties to straighten them out.
You have good support here.
welcome. 👊
Mr.G

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Also found a little winged beast of some sort , went ahead and smooshed him. Maybe he bit the leaf here.

20210212 194026
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Probably gnatts. Only good bug is a dead bug. 🔥
When you gunna put those girls into bigger pots?
I like your choice of cow pots. You can gently tear some away at transplant and bury this stems further into next container.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Yes! I've been really antsy to get them into bigger pots so that I can bury some of the length, plan on it this weekend. These pots seemed like one of the better options since they were temporary and cheap.

There are tiny white root coming through in the bottom my first sign they will need more room soon. If they survive all my messing around 😅

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Mmj seems smart. A student of the craft!
I think she will do well, I ran bagseed way back when on my first grow. Fun to watch others go through the joy of growing.✌️

Top Bottom