MOAB, is it worth it?

• Thread starter Bagger McGuirk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Disco Duck

MOAB + Hammerhead

It's my understanding that it is actually the combination of MOAB and Hammerhead that is supposed to work exceptionally well. I wish I remember where I read that, but I've read a ton over the last year it's hard to keep track. I use GH with all the GH supplements, their "expert schedule". Finishing my first grow soon that is looking and smelling great, I read a lot about nutes a couple weeks ago seeing if I wanted to try something different the second time around. In the end I decided to stick with the full GH line, but replace liquid koolbloom with Hammerhead and dry kool bloom with MOAB. I'll use Hammerhead to replace liquid KB in the GH schedule, and then the combination of Hammerhead and MOAB to replace dry KB in the GH schedule. So I'll have to find that thread again about using Hammerhead and MOAB together to see the formula they were using.

If you keep searching you will eventually find this discussion of using Hammerhead together with MOAB. It is actually that combo that is supposed to yeild very good results.

the rrock

the rrock

i have used MOAB for a couple years with noticeably good results,although contrary to previous post you wont see results overnight,it takes a few nights

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I like to use the moab with a tbsp of molasses per 5 gallons of water

kicked ass in my soil and coco dtw grows

i used it between regular feedings - less worry about burn that way

K

keepinYouNCheck

Isn't P & K just P & K no matter what fancy cool name compainies label it?

It's my understanding that it is actually the combination of MOAB and Hammerhead that is supposed to work exceptionally well. I wish I remember where I read that, but I've read a ton over the last year it's hard to keep track. I use GH with all the GH supplements, their "expert schedule". Finishing my first grow soon that is looking and smelling great, I read a lot about nutes a couple weeks ago seeing if I wanted to try something different the second time around. In the end I decided to stick with the full GH line, but replace liquid koolbloom with Hammerhead and dry kool bloom with MOAB. I'll use Hammerhead to replace liquid KB in the GH schedule, and then the combination of Hammerhead and MOAB to replace dry KB in the GH schedule. So I'll have to find that thread again about using Hammerhead and MOAB together to see the formula they were using.

If you keep searching you will eventually find this discussion of using Hammerhead together with MOAB. It is actually that combo that is supposed to yeild very good results.

If all these bloom boosters are just P & K why would you buy P & K from two different companies calling it Hammerhead or Kool Bloom or Top Booster, etc. On the H&G site they say Top Booster and Shooting Powder are the same thing just different ratios and strengths for the appropriate life cycle timing. Some other thread this dude gave links to buy P & K and mix your own for way cheap compared to the hydro marketed products. Anyone know the difference? If its a matter of chelating properly wouldn't the use of a fulvic and humic acid product like Fossel Fuel make any P & K source work well?

T

Thundurkel

I was going to do the Hammerhead/MOAB or Big Bud/MOAB but after buying some Big Bud I started reading around my favorite forums and keep finding people having problems with the new formulas so I don't trust it. I'm taking back my Big Bud for more MOAB and will let you guys know how just swapping out my Shooting Powder for MOAB works. I'm also going to use it in week 1 like directed but VERY lightly like 2tsp per 50gal rez. Was thinking the combo of Top Booster to get the girls ready to finish and the MOAB to finish them off should be a good way to go. Personally think the early dose of MOAB is going to give me a good increase sorta how Rezdog use's Kool Bloom Powder in on day 15.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
MOAB says right on the label you can use it week 2 to kick things off

M

masonite420

Definitely! The last two weeks of bloom are the most crucial...Mad Farmer's M.O.A.B. Is a cheap and efficient way to boost phosphorus and potassium in the last stage, which is crucial for resin and late flower production...You don't want any wispy wimps and M.O.A.B. is sure to give you the density and resin production you deserve.

M

MadFarmer

MOAB is made by MAD FARMER in San Diego. Here is a link to all the Mad Farmer products, up, down, nutz, etc:

they aren't carried at many places. The feedback all seems to be the same though.... It's Strong!!

I hear they are coming out with 2 new products as well, a cloning gel and ???. We shall see.

R

rollinthc

hydro store gave me 4 packets of the MOAB! I was psyched to say the least. He also gave me a medium sized bottle of liquid light! I think it was the 60$ bottle. I have mixed feeling about the free stuff..Yay it was all free, but how much money did I overspend there to justify it for the owner lol!

Most of my stuff I buy online, just misc stuff I need right away...

MOAB: yes I think the start add and the final add of flower is the time, I am going to play it safe on the amount I add to my rez.

J

justincredible

This is my favorite late bloom enhancer. It is cheap and efficient. It usually triples my harvest. I have used many others over the years and they just don't compare. I heard it is also made in the U.S. which I like. Make sure you use only half of your normal base nute dose. Don't wanna burn. Good Luck.....

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

do i run moab with hammerhead in week 1 of 12/12 to induce flowering? or just in the end before flush?? and if this swells the bud up so much is there any problems with bud rot?

1seaweed1

Moab...

MOAB Mad Farmer 1-52-32 and Supernatural Bud Blaster 1-52-31 basically same thing!:passingjoint:

sky high

sky high

copped from another site and stored in my bookmarks:

MOAB consists of 3 ingredients which are listed on the package from largest proportion to least

1st is simply Mono-potassium phosphate which is known as MKP 0-52-34

2nd is Mono-Ammonium Phosphate, which is known as MAP and is 11-52-34

Lastly there is thiamine hydrochloride.

for 1kg of M**B you use 905.19 grams of MKP
90.81 grams of MAP
1.0 grams of thiamine hydrochloride

this will give you 1-52-34 with a .01% thiamine hydrochloride

sky did some quick searching. Cheaper prices may easily be found, I just grabbed the first stuff I saw that was the cheapest of the offerings that came up.

you can buy 50 POUNDS of MPK on the net...shipped...for $150

5 pounds of MAP ran $45 with shipping

The B-1 reagent is about $40 for 30 grams on Ebay

for $235 you can make just over 55 pounds of "MOAB". Cost per pound $ 4.27 !!!

Roughly, you can source these chems and mix it yourself for 1/10th the cost.

If you leave out the MAP you will only lose 1% N and you could cut the cost to $3.45 per lb.

you can also buy the MPK per pound...about $10....

good luck, all

s h

marski420

marski420

copped from another site and stored in my bookmarks:

MOAB consists of 3 ingredients which are listed on the package from largest proportion to least

1st is simply Mono-potassium phosphate which is known as MKP 0-52-34

2nd is Mono-Ammonium Phosphate, which is known as MAP and is 11-52-34

Lastly there is thiamine hydrochloride.

for 1kg of M**B you use 905.19 grams of MKP
90.81 grams of MAP
1.0 grams of thiamine hydrochloride

this will give you 1-52-34 with a .01% thiamine hydrochloride

sky did some quick searching. Cheaper prices may easily be found, I just grabbed the first stuff I saw that was the cheapest of the offerings that came up.

you can buy 50 POUNDS of MPK on the net...shipped...for $150

5 pounds of MAP ran $45 with shipping

The B-1 reagent is about $40 for 30 grams on Ebay

for $235 you can make just over 55 pounds of "MOAB". Cost per pound $ 4.27 !!!

Roughly, you can source these chems and mix it yourself for 1/10th the cost.

If you leave out the MAP you will only lose 1% N and you could cut the cost to $3.45 per lb.

you can also buy the MPK per pound...about $10....

good luck, all

s h

You should make a tutorial on how to make this, I know you basically just said how but if you showed pics and a wrote a little more in depth and showed proof people would greatly appreciate it.. I know I would

H

harley34

can anyone confirm this is the same stuff as supernatural bud blaster?

sky high

sky high

C'mon kids....it ain't fuckin' rocket science! (thank Godd)

the "how to" on the homemade MOAB would be to >weigh out< (anyone remember toot?) the 3 components individually according to how much you wish to end up with/via the formula given...mix em together in a suitably sized vessel...put a lid on it...and shake/mix them together.

And YES.....it's the exact same shit as Bud Blaster (without the purty dye)

and the same as "Ton O' bud"...without the Phyloxine-G

And the same as Grotek "Monster Bloom"......without the dye.....and this may also nixx the B-1..... I WOULD HAVE TO DO A SEARCH FOR THE INFO (hint..hint)

Supernatural label... same ingredients as MOAB label

MANY other formulas are very close...Koolbloom...Bud Blood....yaddayaddayadda

good growin to yaz

s h

Hy585infopic2
P

primeform

C'mon kids....it ain't fuckin' rocket science! (thank Godd)

the "how to" on the homemade MOAB would be to >weigh out< (anyone remember toot?) the 3 components individually according to how much you wish to end up with/via the formula given...mix em together in a suitably sized vessel...put a lid on it...and shake/mix them together.

And YES.....it's the exact same shit as Bud Blaster (without the purty dye)

and the same as "Ton O' bud"...without the Phyloxine-G

And the same as Grotek "Monster Bloom"......without the dye.....and this may also nixx the B-1..... I WOULD HAVE TO DO A SEARCH FOR THE INFO (hint..hint)

Supernatural label... same ingredients as MOAB label

MANY other formulas are very close...Koolbloom...Bud Blood....yaddayaddayadda

good growin to yaz

s h

awsome bro, thanks for this info. Do you mix your own?

P

primeform

Ive heard alot of people using overdrive and hammerhead in the final weeks of flower. Does moab replace the overdrive? All these finishers are confusing.

H

harley34

Ive heard alot of people using overdrive and hammerhead in the final weeks of flower. Does moab replace the overdrive? All these finishers are confusing.

would also like to know this, if it does. how does overdrive and moab/supernatural bud blast compare

Top Bottom