MOAB, is it worth it?

• Thread starter Bagger McGuirk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mmmmasonite

Anyway....The main point of this thread is MOAB....is it worth it?.....I would have to say that it is worth it....It is a great late bloom enhancer, contains no dyes, and is one of the cheapest on the market.....Peace

L

LightDep530

Fox Farm's line of soluble ferts is popular with a real lot of outdoor growers here it gets impressive results and the bud formation is just different then we get with organics.
How do these stack up to something like MOAB. Is it just the same thing?
I have been by-the-book organic but hardly anyone cares, a few growers actually come get some of my bud to smoke because they know its clean but no one else care. I'm thinking about adding some of this pixie dust.
Skyhigh thanks much for the knowledge. Saving some dough is important. I could split the batch with a few buddies.

M

Mmmmasonite

Fox Farm's line of soluble ferts is popular with a real lot of outdoor growers here it gets impressive results and the bud formation is just different then we get with organics.
How do these stack up to something like MOAB. Is it just the same thing?
I have been by-the-book organic but hardly anyone cares, a few growers actually come get some of my bud to smoke because they know its clean but no one else care. I'm thinking about adding some of this pixie dust.
Skyhigh thanks much for the knowledge. Saving some dough is important. I could split the batch with a few buddies.

MOAB is just a cheap and effective bloom booster. It is really high in P and K similar to many other boosters...Cha ching, Beastie blooms, Open sesame, Bud Blaster, overdrive, shooting powder...ect.......You just have to lower your base nutes to make room for them and not burn...High P nad K are an essential part of late bloom to ripen and produce trichomes....Some farmers also use this to initiate flowering. A lot of people will use a mid bloom booster as well, like big bud or hydroplex. If you wanted to save some coin....you could use MOAB to initiate flowering and also in the ripening phase without having to buy two different products.....If you wanted to get real crazy you could also use it at half strength for mid bloom instead of Big bud or hydroplex.......Good Luck

Venom818

Venom818

damn sky you got all these great recipes, I might give this moab one a shot:)
what do you like better the moab or overdrive?
I was checking out Sdhydro online, I gotta say is a pretty cool store, check out this sick little aquaponic setup they got going down. BadAssss

View attachment 134536

I like that black pvc:)

M.O.A.B is worth every penny bro get some even the small pack just to try it.

I

indoorherbs

It seems REALLY important to someone that everyone believe their MOAB marketing... which makes me wonder why.

It didn't impress me. It's not bad for plants, but there's plenty better.

L

LightDep530

Beastie Bloomz is half the price of MOAB and 1/4 the price of Bud Blaster. Yeah I can tell the Mad Farmer boys are at work on this thread too. You can get 2lbs. Im sure everyone knows that is over 900 grams for $32

Venom818

Venom818

It seems REALLY important to someone that everyone believe their MOAB marketing... which makes me wonder why.

It didn't impress me. It's not bad for plants, but there's plenty better.

i dont work for the mad farmer but have seen better results with MOAB. I believe greenthumb danny pulled 3.2lb for a 1k using the moab.I got like 6 1/2 zips from a ECSD using the moab .So i guess my question is whats better

Beastie Bloomz is half the price of MOAB and 1/4 the price of Bud Blaster. Yeah I can tell the Mad Farmer boys are at work on this thread too. You can get 2lbs. Im sure everyone knows that is over 900 grams for $32

beastie blooms cant touch moab,isn't bud blaster a knock off of moab

phenotyper

phenotyper

You cannot compare Beastie Bloomz to MOAB, the ratios are completely different and intended for different times. However, comparing ChaChing to MOAB makes more sense. My experience is that MOAB does seem to restart and reinvigorate bud growth more so than ChaChing. I've run both in my garden and MOAB seems to slightly outperform ChaChing. I want to be clear though, I don't think I have pushed as hard with ChaChing as I have with MOAB so please do not take this as a controlled experiment.

Anyone done a side by side? I have an inkling that MOAB *does* outperform ChaChing. Perhaps it's the ammoniacal nitrogen (small amount, immediately available), or perhaps the ratio is more well suited to convince the plant that it needs to aggressively bud. Whatever it is, my initial runs with it seem to indicate that yes, it does make my buds a lot heavier. However, I reserve any strong opinions until I can conclusively point to some test data.

L

LightDep530

Sorry I relate the foxfarm line to the name Beastie Bloomz, anyway same price. Some folks like the different ratio, there is not that much difference. Who needs a salt based nitrogen? Chaching is still half the price of MOAB and they very likely are getting their MPK from the same supplier.

M

Mmmmasonite

Not even close to the truth....In fact......MOAB is less than half the price of Beastie Bloomz......Check dis out yo......

The question is....How many gallons does a teaspoon of Beastie do? Then you will really know which is cheaper..... MOAB does 5 gallons per teaspoon........2.2 pounds of MOAB costs around $67 Here is an example pound of Beastie Blooms is around $32...here is an example http://www.planetnatural.com/site/beastie-bloomz.html......... you use 1/2 a teaspoon a gallon or 2.5 teaspoons per 5 gallons of beastie compared to 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons with MOAB........ ....Now I am no mathematician but .....help me out here.....which one is cheaper?...Sorry mate, but if ur gonna dis on a product and the farmers on the forum at least know what ur talkin about.....:harvest:

L

LightDep530

I'm not trying to dis a product, why get offended? Which farmer did I dis? I'm just involved in a discussion. The ratios are very similar . Therefore I would gather that you would use a similar amount as they are made from the same chemicals. I think the difference comes from the person who wrote the directions.
Chill your bones man. I don't follow directions off of bottles anyway. Nor do I use any of these products or work for them or sell them at my store. I'm very glad it works for you. On that note the floor is all yours. I've gathered enough info from here.

G

geoduck

the fact that many people supplement moab with AN hammerhead is particularly interesting, as moab has a high P ratio, and hammerhead has a high K ratio; and if you were to use 1 part moab to every 2 parts of hammerhead pk9/18, the result is a perfect 1:1 phosphorus to potassium ratio. As with any grow system, balance is the key.

many of you are using moab for the duration of the final swell, let's not forget that moab is also effective during the first 10 days of flowering. I currently use overdrive to finish, which has a more balanced phosphorus to potassium ratio, just like moab, you can use it as a stand alone finisher without the base nute. Before flushing begins i apply bud blood one more time, but the bloody damn dyes are really putting a hole in the wallet.

what i really would like is a organic finisher, something that have npk close to 5-50-50. If my schedule doesn't go according to plan and needs to finish early, I could just do so without flushing.

M

Mmmmasonite

I'm not trying to dis a product, why get offended? Which farmer did I dis? I'm just involved in a discussion. The ratios are very similar . Therefore I would gather that you would use a similar amount as they are made from the same chemicals. I think the difference comes from the person who wrote the directions.
Chill your bones man. I don't follow directions off of bottles anyway. Nor do I use any of these products or work for them or sell them at my store. I'm very glad it works for you. On that note the floor is all yours. I've gathered enough info from here.

No worries ....Not offended at all....But, by stating that people who work for Mad farmer are posting...That is a dis in my opinion...Posting wrong info to promote a product is no bueno....Had to set you straight....MOAB is cheaper than Beastie blooms...Bottom line....which is the opposite of what you posted... No one is mad here:).....just a friendly debate to find the correct answer for growers so they can make the right decision for their grow...Which is the point of these forums....Peace

M

Mmmmasonite

the fact that many people supplement moab with AN hammerhead is particularly interesting, as moab has a high P ratio, and hammerhead has a high K ratio; and if you were to use 1 part moab to every 2 parts of hammerhead pk9/18, the result is a perfect 1:1 phosphorus to potassium ratio. As with any grow system, balance is the key.

many of you are using moab for the duration of the final swell, let's not forget that moab is also effective during the first 10 days of flowering. I currently use overdrive to finish, which has a more balanced phosphorus to potassium ratio, just like moab, you can use it as a stand alone finisher without the base nute. Before flushing begins i apply bud blood one more time, but the bloody damn dyes are really putting a hole in the wallet.

what i really would like is a organic finisher, something that have npk close to 5-50-50. If my schedule doesn't go according to plan and needs to finish early, I could just do so without flushing.

I am not 100% but I don't think an organic finisher exists with that high of an NPK.....and dude.....You gotta flush.....Especially with bud blood or MOAB....If you don't ur throat will feel like someone shoved chalk to the back of it.....Hack...Cough....yuck.....Trust me.... tried not flushing b4....Not good......Peace

bloads

bloads

damn sky you got all these great recipes, I might give this moab one a shot:)
what do you like better the moab or overdrive?
I was checking out Sdhydro online, I gotta say is a pretty cool store, check out this sick little aquaponic setup they got going down. BadAssss

View attachment 134536

I like that black pvc:)

That's funny, I saw that pic and was like "That looks exactly like what I saw in SDhydro today!"... then I read your post :)

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Isn't Moab the same as overdrive or am I wrong ??? I like overdrive it one of the better priced products an carries along with bud candy witch I will never do a run without and nirvana and there mother earth tea I think the bud ignitor isn't all it's cracked up to b and open sesame is jus as hood and a 1/5 of the price big bid is hood but I think I'm gonna use beastie blooms next run instead but I like the overdrive bud candy nirvana liquid carboload mother earth tea and I really like the connoisseur even if it is expensive I have found that useing it at more than 8ml per gallon is a waste and a good way to burn your girls so by apication at 8ml per gallon it's really not that expensive and a gallon has lasted me 2 plus runs so not to bad and my buds are the frostiest they have ever Ben I think yellow bottle has a organic finishing nutrient I really want to start experimenting with combining different brands of nutes to get the best all around combination I do believe that advanced nutrients has hands down the best base so I will always use the Connie or the sensi bloom and their iguana juice grow is awesome especially if your using bennies I really like using it on my young clones to beef up their roots anyway I think I got way off of the subject overdrive is the same as moab??

M

MediMary

That's funny, I saw that pic and was like "That looks exactly like what I saw in SDhydro today!"... then I read your post :)
that looks like one of the coolest hydro stores around.... I live out in NM, but If I ever make it to cali I def wanna go by and check the place out...
the stores around here kinda blow IMO.

G

geoduck

I am not 100% but I don't think an organic finisher exists with that high of an NPK.....and dude.....You gotta flush.....Especially with bud blood or MOAB....If you don't ur throat will feel like someone shoved chalk to the back of it.....Hack...Cough....yuck.....Trust me.... tried not flushing b4....Not good......Peace

there are times when circumstances doesn't allow for flush. it's either no flush or no nothing. I like to give my girls 10 extra days to finish while applying bloom booster. If i were to use a chemical bloom booster, by the end of which i'd still like to flush for another 12 days. I want to switch to an organic bloom booster so that if my circumstances doesn't stand for it, i could flush for 1-10 days and minimize the the chemical flavor. Usually organics could be troublesome to your reservior and have pH all over the place, but since this is the very end before water goes into it, doen's really matter anymore.
i'm looking at RO's HPK, the ratio is very good. when my budget allows I'd like to mix HPK with tiny bit of emulsified fish liquid, organic-B and lots of mycorr n tricoderma, that could be my winning bloom booster ;) not that i'm obsessed with organics but if you don't like the pains of hacking coughing, if you value flavor, you gotta embrace organics

Latest posts

Top Bottom