Molasses

• Thread starter Guano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

FF Most use 1 Tablespoon/gal I have been happy with 1 tsp/gal but I am in hydro somewhat.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
FF I think my point was to show the molasses in action

HK , I think it does change how they look because this round has alot more purple in it with the same cuts even with a few high temps the first month or so . This round also blew out alot of stacking with the G13/D but the Grape Romulan likes Boost more it seems . I'm still undecided and hope someone will do some side by side grows soon

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
Zoo- if Canna sends us some free "Testing" Boost samples I will do a side by side. Any word yet??? Nothing on my end! lol

Mosca

V

vindiesel

how about using molasses with boost??? i just got my canna coco, a and b, pk 13 14 and boost and molasses. ready to start some jillybean in coco!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I never even bothered Mosca

Vin I gave my preflower plants boost for the first week on this run and now I might do 2 molasses 1 boost on my watering

F

FastForward

Most use 1 Tablespoon/gal I have been happy with 1 tsp/gal but I am in hydro somewhat.

Thanks JK. I don't suppose there's any UK farmers using those particular products? (or working in litres?)

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
man this is hard to get where i live, never seen it at a grocery store...

K

knottynuggs

i swear by molasses. my grandma actually showed me that secret. shes been using it in her garden for a grip. she also uses it on a daily basis in her cooking. im not sure where she gets it but she picks us both up about a bottle every few weeks. i did a side by side with sweet,and the sweet couldnt hold its weight. not to mention the twelve dollar price difference between the two.

D

Down South Sage

I'm just not really sold on the molasses thing yet.I guess i should do a test side by side and see if there is really a difference for myself.

hubcap

hubcap

its not so much you gain in weight..
it just, really, seems to give a better taste...or armoa...or both..to the final flowers.
idk...just makes it a lil sweeter. to me anyways....
molasses, does make a difference. although not all of it will be cosmetic.
DSS, give it a shot.
(if molasses aint around....ej assist is cosmetic molasses and so is "sweet" and, maybe, carboload???)

its really just food for microbes to help/expedite efficient up take of nutrients.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
its not so much you gain in weight..
it just, really, seems to give a better taste...or armoa...or both..to the final flowers.
idk...just makes it a lil sweeter. to me anyways....
molasses, does make a difference. although not all of it will be cosmetic.
DSS, give it a shot.
(if molasses aint around....ej assist is cosmetic molasses and so is "sweet" and, maybe, carboload???)

its really just food for microbes to help/expedite efficient up take of nutrients.

Hubcap makes it pretty clear, it does make a difference and is cheap. Ive never seen any ill affects from it. RB

W

Wiz

I used to use molasses, but have switched to agave, because molasses builds-up too much iron and potassium over time, which is bad. Agave is an excellent source of carbohydrates - I use the organic raw light-colored syrup available in bulk at my local co-op for $6 per pound. I took the seven two-hour course educational program at the THC foundation for medical marijuana growers, and learned this information from Adrew H., who is the "medicine man" in High Times magazine. Andrew grew several strains that won awards at the medical marijuana awards last year, and he provided me with clones from those strains while I was taking the course he teaches. His information about mollases providing too much iron and potassium probably accounts for the reason it seemed to stop working as well after I had used it for several weeks in the past, after which the plants seemed somehow stressed - it was likely from too much iron and potassium. They are needed nutrients, but too much of anything can be damaging...

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I've heard of people using Molasses during flush. Is that right? I'm about to start a 2 wk flush and I did use Great White as prescribed but haven't fed a carb product during the grow (H&G line + Budswell pretty much). I'm interested in people who've used this technique and if you think it would be beneficial in my grow at this point.

TIA Farmers!

D

dottyStr8Up

i just have one question after reading this awesome written piece, how long can you keep a compost tea, and how should it be applied in a small indoor garden? (small as in 1-2 plants, starting out.)

Al-53

Al-53

I get my molasses at a feed store near me....its around 7.99 a gallon and has a brix of 89...I use it for AACT teas and also when watering with kelp and humic acid and fulvic acid as a drench....I also get 2 50 pound bags of organic kelp meal from the feed store to ammend my soil and also for using in teas...its a lot cheaper than getting at a hydro store...it is made in maine...I forget the name...but most feed stores carry it...the 3 most important products for a healthy grow is ..kelp...Molasses and Silica..both for soil and also foliar spray...I have less rot than friends who do not use these...

Top Bottom