Mold when drying! Please help!

• Thread starter kruroisoi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
It's looks like bands and spots. And budrot had a weird off brownish huh. It stands out. Needs to be out the bag to really see. But it's very obvious when you see some.
It’s always tough with pics man ain’t it?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Cellphone pics and colors are a guess at best. But it's obvious. You won't miss it. The blacklight shows up like a jizzy shirt at the nightclub.
😳 GATDAMN you can see that shit from the moon sir, you gotta go lol…..

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Those are the longest trichome stalks I've ever seen.......

I can't tell if there's also mold in those close-ups. The buds look fine though. If there is any mold, you caught it super early. Definitely speed up the drying process, if you can lower the humidity, and maybe the temperature, you'll at least have a better shot at prevention.

Obviously, if there's any actual mold, best not to smoke it, maybe an alcohol tincture? But run through your buds, dry them quicker, and I think overall you're probably good.

Now what variety is that with the trichome stalks like redwoods?? ;)

K

kruroisoi

I have very recent experience with this. It will be quite pronounced with UV light. Take some time and scan em out of bag. I too only saw one sus looking nug in ur previous pics. Best advice I ever got on this farm is to trust ur nose. 👍
Need to get a new battery today but when I do ill do a more in depth examination.

K

kruroisoi

Those are the longest trichome stalks I've ever seen.......

I can't tell if there's also mold in those close-ups. The buds look fine though. If there is any mold, you caught it super early. Definitely speed up the drying process, if you can lower the humidity, and maybe the temperature, you'll at least have a better shot at prevention.

Obviously, if there's any actual mold, best not to smoke it, maybe an alcohol tincture? But run through your buds, dry them quicker, and I think overall you're probably good.

Now what variety is that with the trichome stalks like redwoods?? ;)
Drying is currently taking 6 days, 45% RH 70F, I dont think I should speed it up any more and also not sure why anything formed in that environment.
Strain is AK-47 Auto but unsure of breeder

K

kruroisoi

The white stuff on the stems don't seem to really show up with the UV light...?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Drying is currently taking 6 days, 45% RH 70F, I dont think I should speed it up any more and also not sure why anything formed in that environment.
Strain is AK-47 Auto but unsure of breeder
I know you may not want to, but the quicker you can dry and avoid mold the better.

Mold just needs spores and moisture to take hold, it could have gotten onto your plant before you cut it down, or in transition. Bruising probably adds to it.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Take the buds of the stem and the rest out them bags, this is probz why theres mold bud where not dry proper before bagged or buds stacked on bud while moist

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Take the buds of the stem and the rest out them bags, this is probz why theres mold bud where not dry proper before bagged or buds stacked on bud while moist
Curing is truly a game of patience. Slow and steady and consistent wins the race. I have herb that I just unjarred after a hearty 9 month slumber, it’s bonkers, it makes my cats sneeze and my whole house stinks…..quality.

K

kruroisoi

The buds read 8% moisture and settle at 55% RH in bags? I thought that was on the dry side not wet side...

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I know you may not want to, but the quicker you can dry and avoid mold the better.

Mold just needs spores and moisture to take hold, it could have gotten onto your plant before you cut it down, or in transition. Bruising probably adds to it.
100%

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yes, this too. Stripping the buds off of moist stems is another way to speed up drying and prevent mold. No buds should touch each other until dry. Good airflow around all of the buds.

K

kruroisoi

Just to clarify, there's no visual mold on the 4 oz I have curing that photo with the stem is from my dry box on day 4 so I wouldn't say its related to early bagging...

K

kruroisoi

The stuff on the stems don't show up with UV light, starting to wonder if its some other buildup from my gloves when wet trimming?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
The stuff on the stems don't show up with UV light, starting to wonder if its some other buildup from my gloves when wet trimming?
Where you making peanut butter and fluff sandwiches perhaps? 🤣

K

kruroisoi

Where you making peanut butter and fluff sandwiches perhaps? 🤣
Lol, no I thought I was pretty clean about it all. I still have the pair of gloves, there's a white buildup on the tips of the fingers, almost feels hard. I wiped some off the stem with my fingers and the white stuff on my fingers kinda feels hard and grainy

Top Bottom