Mold when drying! Please help!

• Thread starter kruroisoi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Itscheese94

Itscheese94

The buds read 8% moisture and settle at 55% RH in bags? I thought that was on the dry side not wet side...
You posting saying you might have rot so why risk this even further by putting 4 oz in bags doesn't make sense

K

kruroisoi

You posting saying you might have rot so why risk this even further by putting 4 oz in bags doesn't make sense
If you read the original post, I said I'm doing a partial harvest. Harvested 4 oz and bagged. Harvested another lot and the NEW lot had these stems with the white stuff.. still hanging and hasn't been bagged yet.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

If you read the original post, I said I'm doing a partial harvest. Harvested 4 oz and bagged. Harvested another lot and the NEW lot had these stems with the white stuff.. still hanging and hasn't been bagged yet.
You know what i give up trying to help you , last time when your plants had lockout i tried helping you then and you just basically ignored me until you had no choice no thanks no nothing just ignored im out

K

kruroisoi

You know what i give up trying to help you , last time when your plants had lockout i tried helping you then and you just basically ignored me until you had no choice no thanks no nothing just ignored im out
Sorry if I came off that way... I actually agreed with you and I still believe the issue was from PK.... maybe I didn't come across that way my fault...
Screenshot 20230609 084943 Chrome
Screenshot 20230609 085003 Chrome

K

kruroisoi

I do apologise, all that happened was you said I potentially bagged to early and all I said was if anything its too dry... 8% moisture and the RH won't go above 56% in bags... then you said to take them out the bags... sorry I'm just confused..

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

I do apologise, all that happened was you said I potentially bagged to early and all I said was if anything its too dry... 8% moisture and the RH won't go above 56% in bags... then you said to take them out the bags... sorry I'm just confused..
My apologies i where kinda annoyed the bud in the pictures looks good , 6 days drying then bagged is kinda quick , i where suggesting to dry the bud in a dry place open spaced apart no buds on top of buds.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Bust the bud in half,
Take a distant whiff,
If there’s mold it will have a musty smell to it.
You’ll no if you’ve been smokin weed for many years.
You can’t mistake it and it all smells the same regardless of strain.

S

Spirit

Visual and smell test, whatever passes that and is quite dry and you consider it smokable, but you suspect it may have a little mold, freeze it. That will stop the mold till you get around to using it. Too dry is better with mold. If some looked too moldy to smoke, I would water cure (even if already cured) thoroughly dry in a dehydrator and extract, then carbon and diatom filter the oil through a buchner filter. It should turn out fine, and I'm speaking of just a small amount of mold. If you find your curing weed 30% or more filled with mold, discard that. Don't mess with trying to maintain proper moisture, mold likes that.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Hey man, I only see maybe one sketchy nug in those last pics. Even then it could be heavy trichromes. That’s stuff looks decent.

This, the amount of time I've looked at my own buds and thought this looks like mould, but it ain't is unreal , just th other day too😂
Just packing a fair amount of trichomes
If you open the bud up on the inside and its white af, then you got issues, its fairly easy to tell.
The white stuff near th bottom of th stem where you clip th bud off, thats totally normal btw for it to be whiter than th rest and can give false impressions of it being mould.

S

Spirit

Visual and smell test, whatever passes that and is quite dry and you consider it smokable, but you suspect it may have a little mold, freeze it. That will stop the mold till you get around to using it. Too dry is better with mold. If some looked too moldy to smoke, I would water cure (even if already cured) thoroughly dry in a dehydrator and extract, then carbon and diatom filter the oil through a buchner filter. It should turn out fine, and I'm speaking of just a small amount of mold. If you find your curing weed 30% or more filled with mold, discard that. Don't mess with trying to maintain proper moisture, mold likes that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom