molded seed advice

• Thread starter DroMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DroMan

i just finished my ghs cheese (wasn't that great) so i started 18 autos 7 have come up from the jiffy.
the rest are starting to grow what looks to me "cat fur mold" thats what google called it. i have a jar of these auto seeds and i know some of these seeds are molded, you can see it but in a week or 2 a jiffy puck will be covered with this grey hair looking mold.
i've disposed of the molded pucks and washed the plastic dome with peroxide. what should i do about these seeds?
would it be best to try to clean them or is there another way of mold combat? i would like to get a crop going before i throw out these seeds.
some are fine while others grow this nasty mold. im going to try for a seed run but im not sure how well they will do since they will all be weakened from this mold.
but it occurs to me that the ones that do come up are more mold resistant than the others. so maybe this isn't as much of a bad thing as i thought.
any feed back would be great. thanks in advance

DrO

L

likeakite

You might try to add two drops of household bleach to a quart of water, and use that water to germ the next time. The bleach will kill the mold spores before they can do their own germination, but basically, once you see mold, youre seeds are toast.

L

lemonskunk420

I've used a light bleach mix to wash off my moldy beans before,then wiped them off good.They wasn't that moldy and they came out fine.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

i just finished my ghs cheese (wasn't that great) so i started 18 autos 7 have come up from the jiffy.
the rest are starting to grow what looks to me "cat fur mold" thats what google called it. i have a jar of these auto seeds and i know some of these seeds are molded, you can see it but in a week or 2 a jiffy puck will be covered with this grey hair looking mold.
i've disposed of the molded pucks and washed the plastic dome with peroxide. what should i do about these seeds?
would it be best to try to clean them or is there another way of mold combat? i would like to get a crop going before i throw out these seeds.
some are fine while others grow this nasty mold. im going to try for a seed run but im not sure how well they will do since they will all be weakened from this mold.
but it occurs to me that the ones that do come up are more mold resistant than the others. so maybe this isn't as much of a bad thing as i thought.
any feed back would be great. thanks in advance

DrO

why bother, auto-flowering strains are the herpes of the canabis world.

i don't mean to sound judgemental but i believe auto's will
only pollute the gene pool.

plus, with auto-flowers, you can't clone so you have no control,
i have mothers that came from seeds i popped 2 years ago!
hell, there are many, many way more experienced growers
than me who have mothers that started more than a decade ago!

with auto's, 1 seed equals 1 grow, period.

D

DroMan

why bother, auto-flowering strains are the herpes of the canabis world.

i don't mean to sound judgemental but i believe auto's will
only pollute the gene pool.

plus, with auto-flowers, you can't clone so you have no control,
i have mothers that came from seeds i popped 2 years ago!
hell, there are many, many way more experienced growers
than me who have mothers that started more than a decade ago!

with auto's, 1 seed equals 1 grow, period.

you are very very right. i just live in the states, have no real access to quality genetics now. i would love to have a veg room and a flower room but i have no way to do this. most of the time i start a 12/12 mid way through my auto grow and make several clones that way b the time the autos are done the 12/12 is ready. i just have no way to save a clone. my way isn't the best by far. but you have to work with what ya got. im working on an idea for a place to veg it's just going to be kinda hard to do, for me anyways.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

can you put something like this together? ...i know it's hard bro,
it just won't get any easier unless you sacrifice until you have
what you need. ...if you really want something, you have to
find ways to make it happen and not focus on all the reasons
why it's hard.

btw, those last 3 are my new mother cab, just another old
dresser, lol.

Growbox201
Growbox2
PICT0304
Za1a
2box1
2box3
D

DroMan

WoW is all i can say, i never thought it was that easy. seriously i have been inspired to turn some trash that i found earlier today into a cab. now to get this giant metal cabinet at 10:30 at night making little sound as possible.
it's only about a foot and a half wide but it's taller than i am. and it has 1 shelf in it so from the bottom to this first shelf is atleast 4 ft and the shelf is about 2 foot or so from the top so i might, just might beable to make a veg cab out of it with a cloning area at the top. it's going to take some work as the inside looks like someone let it soak in water (lots of rust) i might just paint it white on the inside to save alittle time.
im going to start some 12/12s tonight in hopes that i can get some females out. only down side is im only going to be able to do 2 or 3 at a time.
but clones don't take as much room so i should be able to put a few on the top till they root then im back at square 1, if it comes down to it i can get a damn cardboard box and make a cab for some clones

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter
stoner craft....

chest-o-drawers.....nope, grow cab....right on.....just proof yet again of what a motivated pothead can do...nice work bro....

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

mornin' guy's and thanks, i like those because they illustrate
what a determined stoner can do when he wants to, lol.

anyway DroMan, i think you might want to re-think the metal
cab, first because, being metal, it'll be a real pain if you have
to cut any ventilation holes, plus, being metal, lol, it will retain
heat, kinda like an oven and, finally, being metal, lol, it's a conductor
of electricity so if anything shorts out, it could be a real problem.
if you have any cash you can go and buy yourself a wall unit
that can be easily converted, and because you're buying it,
you can be sure you get something that will fit your needs.

or you could go to a local Salvation Army store, or any used
furniture store, etc, etc, etc.

if you don't have cash to spare, and if you have a vehicle,
you can drive around on trash day, i'd suggest you try trash
day in the better neighborhoods where you live.

i guarantee you'll find some old dresser or something!

anyway, here are a couple that are a little less ghetto.

29289Armoire base open before fabrication
29289Armoire Deck closed before fabrication
29289Armoire Deck open befor fabrication
29289side view of wave
31518cab
31518cabinside
31518cabside21
With20Stain2028from20right29
Ventalation20and20milar
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

now, ...if stealth is your game, you could try something like