A lot of pot suffers from slight mold and mildew if it isn't dried or cured properly. Depending on how moldy it is and the person's health would be important factors. A little moldy smell is usually OK...maybe not too pleasant but mostly safe. If you have any type of autoimmune issues or lung diseases, I would avoid them as the mold spores can sometimes cause issues to those who have poor immune systems. If it is visibly moldy and pretty nasty smelling, I would consider using it for edibles or something cooked first (to kill off spores and any related toxins) but avoid smoking it.
Wow. I get that our flowers are valuable and time consuming to grow but please do not smoke or ingest mold. It’s disgusting, unhealthy and has even put mrs. mmg in the hospital just from being in the basement of a building we used to be in.
Acute allergies can affect anyone and mold is a really bad one if it gets you.
Last week I had to throw out 4 mason jars I misplaced. They didn’t get burped (cause I was stoned forgot I put them there). Turned moldy brown and the smell was rank. I was bummed those jars were straight up fire when I lost them.
In California medical dispensarys would never except moldy weed or powdery mildew! For extracting it has potential but not for smoking although Ed Rosenthal says there no research that smoking weed with powdery mildew is harmful. My experience is processing any flowers with either are best discarded to prevent cross contamination. It could be saved for tincture or edible, but please guys don't smoke mold! There plenty of great buds out there to smoke!!!