Monster Crop Grow Diary (white Widow, Tangerine Dream, Sour Diesel, Hydro)

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
@margreetnane get out of here with your advertising BS.

Looking real good @Junk! Haha 6 plants in a 4'x4' tent is tight, try 12 in a 2 sq. ft. total space lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
(913) 213-3715

That's alright. You'll be removed shortly. This is against the ToS for this site and no one here is interested in buying your warez. You're cluttering a grow thread for personal profit. The mods will happily wipe your presence from the site and send you kicking rocks to the next forum :)

@Seamaiden or @logic can you clean up this thread please?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
First time I've seen an advertisement in someone's grow thread lol:eek:
Looking forward to to seeing how the WW's turn out junk I recentlu aquired a cut of WW as well!

Junk

Junk

Looking good, Junk!

I'm about to germinate some Tangerine Dream and maybe some of Beanhoarder's "Keeper" pheno White Widow. Beanho is a pollen chuck but this might be good, I dunno.

Crickets, hmm. I don't get those but my Highland Mexican Blueberry next to the humidifier got hit with leaf miners.

The first generation of real budding LED lights like the Lumigrow ES (blue sheetmetal) grow good crops but they need to be substituted for HID at an equivalent wattage, IMO. The white enclosure Pro series is noticeably better but I don't like the thermal management of the later versions. The current generation of COBs and drivers should easily double the efficiency of the Lumigrow ES series (just my gut feeling without doing any calculations).

If you get a white widow that is good, I can think of a list of maybe 10 things I wouldn't do for it. No sexual acts, no killing humans or pets, you can't have my studio equipment...

Ok, I can think of 3 things I wouldn't do for it lol.

Are you inside or out?

That is one cricket. A cricket will eat up an entire batch of large seedlings. I have never had a pest before in the tent. But a cricket, will eat half of all your larger leaf fingers. & as large as they are, you would think it's impossible for them to hide (it's not an aphid, it's 1" long) but the sob's do it.

I took my entire tent apart. Every plant out of the tent, the flood floor, I even moved it. He's not hiding in any of the plants, he wasn't in the tent. I'm not sure if he is there anymore, my cat hunts them. My cat hunts anything, she is a pita, but she will keep a house mouse free, she will try to keep it dog free if you don't check her. But after I did all that. Moved my whole setup, which is not small. It's only a 4x4 tent, but I have a carbon filter setup, co2, I seal up the tent with zip walls so I can use the co2, I have all the air pumps for the hydro, the light is cooled so that = 2 centrifugal fans (one for the light, one for the filter) 4 regular fans, all the power strips etc. It takes a solid half day to move the setup.

The first night, I heard that damn cricket again. I don't hear him anymore, so I think the cat took care of him.

When I do the light, unless something better comes along, I will use the Cree 3590's. But I want to do a 1kw light. Everyone keeps comparing these lights, but they are usually not on an even playing field. I want to see how an advanced LED with a 1kw draw stacks up to an HID. I think a lot of this "600w replaces 1kw" is the reason led's get a bad rap. But most of them have to do that, because the thermal management design is not good. If they had a genuine 1k pull, & were just dumping all that into the tent, it would be damn hot in there.

For the sake of fairness & honesty. I put in the Hortilux HPS in a cooled hood. I put the hurricane fan on it, & I lowered my temps by 4 degrees (the average since I put it in) So, the "led is cooler than hid" argument, has to be more nuanced than it is currently.

Cricket damage (I have no idea why the picture turned like that. I must not have locked my phone & "butt edited" it. Looks like the sob is still in there.

Next pic is the ladies hitting their stretch, all except that damn slow Sour D. I dropped it's mother on her head one time, does that principle work in reverse?

20150826 10005820150826 100012

Junk

Junk

I would preferred to stall the flip so that Sour D could mature a lil more, but the rest of the plants...well as you can see, for space reasons, I needed to flip.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
No judgement there man. When you gotta flip, you gotta flip. It's such a pita having a grow area that's a mess of branches and leaves and trying to figure out what is what.

Junk

Junk

No judgement there man. When you gotta flip, you gotta flip. It's such a pita having a grow area that's a mess of branches and leaves and trying to figure out what is what.

Yeah, I had to flip. You should (& will) see it in there now...packed.

Junk

Junk

Gotta do some minor canopy management, but I like the stretch I'm getting.

All of that is due to lower temps (low 80's) I've run all these plants before (these are clones of them) so I know what they can/will do.

Once these babies reach 88 degrees per hour, you see some serious sh* lol. (if you are too young to remember Back to the Future you won't get that.

20150828 211813

str8smokn

str8smokn

Looking packed and stacked in there homeslice. In regardes to the Tangerine Dream ..I got blasted off that shit once at Barneys , my wife went with me that day to walk around and find new coffee shops and just look,watch people. Any way I always stop by there to start my day off and man that shit made me feel like I had to pee pee,my balls were sweating,made me feel a little uncomfortable at first,kind of like I just dosed about 2 hits of acid.(I got that pee pee feeling whenever I dosed or did coca.) But shit 5 mins later and I was off, my wife starts laughing at me and says " damn I don't think I've ever seen you like this before"as I drag myself down the street cause I was mesmerized by the clarity of everything" visually ".
I tried it last year when I was there and it wasn't the same,what a shame. I'm guessing that was the sativa side off her. That's what people mean by racy @tobh ?
We do not get any Sativas for sell down here unless you know a/ the grower.
STR8

Junk

Junk

Looking packed and stacked in there homeslice. In regardes to the Tangerine Dream ..I got blasted off that shit once at Barneys , my wife went with me that day to walk around and find new coffee shops and just look,watch people. Any way I always stop by there to start my day off and man that shit made me feel like I had to pee pee,my balls were sweating,made me feel a little uncomfortable at first,kind of like I just dosed about 2 hits of acid.(I got that pee pee feeling whenever I dosed or did coca.) But shit 5 mins later and I was off, my wife starts laughing at me and says " damn I don't think I've ever seen you like this before"as I drag myself down the street cause I was mesmerized by the clarity of everything" visually ".
I tried it last year when I was there and it wasn't the same,what a shame. I'm guessing that was the sativa side off her. That's what people mean by racy @tobh ?
STR8

I've been saying that to everyone, it seems like forever. If you get a good TD plant, & you grow it well, it'll knock your socks off & put you in a new pair. It's one of the best meds I've ever had. Potent, & very enjoyable.

I know they are not related (at all, I don't think) but they do share a name feature. But I don't understand the Blue Dream kick, this stuff, in my opinion, positively smokes Blue Dream. Say what you want about the breeders being "main stream" or whatever, but this plant is the closest thing I've found to a one hitter quitter in a long time.

Not liking it the second time, TD is a haze cross I think. You might have gotten a more racy haze version of it.

str8smokn

str8smokn

The second time it was weak,not as racy as first time. i went last Christmas and tried almost all of Barneys stuff and nothing really kicked me this time. Chronic thunder or kush n cookies which was their strongest at the time was ok. Kind of disappointing but I like Barneys,I'm loyal what can I say. I've ended up kind of knowing the manager and door/security guy.and over at "Uptown" I've been allowed out back to get pics of the three Budda heads ,which nobody gets to go due to (Dick head )on the house boat out back. I have inlaws who live there so we go almost everyother year for 2 weeks. Lucky..
I also have to go by the Greyarea every time I'm there. Those are my go to places..
STR8

tobh

tobh

Supporter
STR8

Yeah pretty much. The racy feeling I can most closely associate to a feeling of a good line of coke or the onset of mushrooms. Anxiety, heart racing, sweatiness, general agitation (not in an aggressive manor), just generally uncomfortable. For someone with anxiety issues as it is, that racy feeling is the last thing I want. Don't get me wrong, not all sativas instigate that feeling. I think it's more so to do with being harvested far too early. I've had some skywalker (which I'm assuming was a sativa based on the uplifted high) that was absolutely excellent. Great wake and bake smoke. Got me talkative, alert and wanting to get out and do shit. But the blue dream around here is pulled at 8 weeks like everything else and that stuff just gets me going in all the wrong ways. Not an enjoyable high by any means.

Junk

Junk

Almost any kush treats me right. Can't wait to run @soserthc1 stuff

Junk

Junk

So, it's one week since the flip. & to sound like a broken record, hydro + Lucas is just amazing. It's just unbelievable the growth speed. One week today. Lights go out in 30 minutes. I'll grab a pic. I can't say how much is responsible to the monster cropping effect, or the hydro & nute recipe, until I do the next run of plants. But I've never seen a plant do this in 7 days from the flip. I ran these mothers in soil, & they certainly didn't do this in one week, but I suspect is because organic soil is really hard to master. & I haven't heard many people disagree that hydro is just faster, more vigorous growth.

Junk

Junk

So, I'll try to get a pic up as soon as possible. But I had to ditch the tent. The plants are getting too big. I was 22" away from the light 9 days into flower.

Mounted it to the floor joists above it, tomorrow is two weeks & I'm 24" away. Hopefully the stretch calms down soon. The white widow is an early stretcher. But you can control it with temps. The Tangerine Dream, is even earlier, & there is no mitigating it. The first 18 days or so, boom. But not this extreme. The TD's are nearing my chin height. It went from 16" tall to 37" in 13 days. If this is the hydro "norm," I'm going to have to get used to flipping much sooner. I don't have room for 7 footers.

As it stands, they are in 5 gallon pots. I'm wondering if anyone has ever gone down in pot size for hydro. I have some 3 gallons that are shorter, but I don't think the root system will even fit in them.

I don't know whether it's the monster cropping, or the switch to hydro & the lucas formula (probably both) but the plants got very big in a hurry. & in the lowest temps I've ever maintained. (e.g. they aren't stretching themselves out because of temps, the hottest they see is 82, & typically more like 76.)

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

Can we see some pics? Good luck my man.
STR8

Ju got it mang

20150906 081935 20150906 082101 20150906 082111

Plant height is 51" from the ground. (Buckets are 16" tall) Before the flip, the tallest one was 31" So it's day 13 & they have grown 20"

Co2 replenishes once per hour to 1500 ppm.

Added Hygrozyme to the recipe at 6ml per gallon.

Nutes are coming in at 1650 ppm

I figured out that I can't go any higher on the liquid Karma. I went too high & one of the WW's seized up on me. So that went into straight 0 ppm ph'd to about 5.8. Took about 4 days to clear up. Depending on when the buckets are at the lowest levels (the average) I will put them all into a flush.

About to post in the hydro forum about flushing. I was watching this on youtube...

If you don't feel like watching the whole thing, they flush the plant 3 times between week 2 & 6. I never flushed in soil unless I had a problem. I planned on doing the same with hydro. I only flushed the WW because she had a salt build up.

However, they flush as part of the routine. It's scheduled. Is that the norm?

Also, changing the EC, 1.3 to 1.8 etc, not sure what effects are seen from that. I've never concerned myself with EC, at all.

I plan to flush the whole lot, just because the roots are getting brown. I suspect from upping the liquid Karma too much.

All the other nutes are the same. Except, I decided to add hygrozyme at 6 ml per gallon. I upped the GH Bloom by 2 ml per gallon, & the liquid Koolbloom by 2 ml per gallon. PH is about 5.8 & climbs to about 6.5. They are drinking a lot.

Also, it's probably hard to see from the pics, but that is insulated (internally) ducting. However, I'm getting a lot of condensation on it which is raising the rh of the room.

Does that ducting insulation work well? Or better asked, Is that what you would do to remedy this problem?

Junk

Junk

p.s. I know what E.C. is, but according to what I read, I'm at about 3.2

I don't get how they are "flushing" with 1.3 ec. that's about 650 ppm. So they are flushing with 650 ppm, & then hitting the plant hard after with 1.8 (about 900 ppm?)?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah depending on the scale of conversion, that sounds about right. I run between 1.5 and 1.8 EC in coco as any higher is both a waste of nutes imo and the ladies just won't uptake that much. You've got a hell of a pH swing going on in there too, those ladies must be drinking a ton.

For your height issues, look into supercropping man. It's a life saver for instances like yours. Best to do it throughout the first three weeks of flower as the ladies will just keep on stretching and power right through the abuse during this time. I've done it all the way into week 5 previously just because of height constraints. Makes things a bit of a pita but better than having burnt growth tips. Looking real good in there man!

Top Bottom