Monster Crop Grow Diary (white Widow, Tangerine Dream, Sour Diesel, Hydro)

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

Haven't updated this in a while. Been outrageously busy. So here is some pics/updates.

Got the white Visqueen plastic from Amazon. 10'x100' roll for like $80. The one that has a white side & a black side actually insulates very well. The tent will maintain temps higher than ambient through the entire 12 off period. It insulates much more than I want even.

This is day 22. Day 16 or so I flushed with 2 gallon 0 ppm water, 6ml of Hygrozyme, & 5 ml of GH Florakleen for 3 days. This is my first time intentionally flushing (meaning it wasn't out of necessity). I think I will put this into regular practice around day 16 day 42, depending on the plant. It seems to really prep the plant to slam it hard. I didn't think to check the ppm, I will next time. Ph'd to 6.0

Hygrozyme is controversial. Many people report getting a strange slime,
a lot of it. Pics abound if you care to search for some. My experience with it has been great. I just change the water out 3 days later, & there is a good amount of dead material on the bottom. The people that have had problems seem to have a few things in common. They purchased a suspect batch, or were on a res system. I've never had a problem with recent batches. Seems to give the roots a healthy scrubbing. I say "healthy" the plant does not appear to be anything but 100% healthy.

Also added 1.25 ml per gallon of Floranectar. Never used this before, but know people that do, so I wanted to try it. Things are going so well, I wanted to keep this low
& work up to the desired amount.

Co2 replenishes once per hour to 2000 ppm.

Then I slammed it with 1650 ppm & they are loving it

Tangerine Dream.
Barney's Farm says 75 day strain. 9 leafer

20150911 221505

White Widow

20150911 221538

Tangerine Dream

20150911 221619

Tangerine Dream I really need to sit down
& read the thread on how to photograph well. This is a crap photo, but you can still see how healthy the plant is (it has a good grower, ahem...) If I would just get myself to do it, I think I could have some really good photos.

20150911 221656

Group shot. The super tall one is a Sour Diesel. Remember, these plants are all flowering monster cropped clones. The growth is just outrageous, it's like they just won't stop. Normal plants (I've run all these mothers) don't stretch like this. Although I can't say how much of that is hydro....who knows. All I know is, they are massive.

20150915 074944

Tangerine Dream

20150915 075104

Tangerine Dream. I love the setup for weeks 3-6

20150915 075126

I don't know why I can't get the pictures to post bigger. They are the same size when you click on them?

Last edited:
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

You'll be removed shortly. no one here is interested in buying your warez. You're cluttering a grow thread for personal profit. The mods will happily wipe your presence from the site and send you kicking rocks to the next forum :)

Haha yeah! You tell em! Sick post

@Junk ... Salivating.... Things look tasty

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Damn you got some satie's up in there @Junk! Good lookin' stuff for sure!

Weird the pics are doing that. It's like they're stuck on the resolution for your phone. Check your phone camera settings (if this was a phone) or the resolution settings on your digi cam.

@gardnguyahoy I don't mean to be a dick, but when I have to be, I normally hit with a fashion that is... well, pure asshole lol.

Junk

Junk

Agreed @Junk good to see an indoor grower smashing sativa. Ive always been a big fan of satis and its rare to see it done well. Stoked on you g. Keep up the good work

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

The WW is a hybrid. But this TD is the most Sativa leaning of that batch, growth wise anyway. I had a Strawberry Cough like a year ago, that I had to give away lol, absurdly tall. The Sour Diesel in there I believe is an 80/20.

It also could be the fact that they are monster cropped clones making them so tall. We are at 52" above the bucket tops. It's day 24 & everything needs to be staked already. They haven't even begun to fatten up yet.

Right now I'm mulling over ideas for "staking." I've thought about making a peg board floor, that I can prop dowels in. They have some scrog netting over each plant but it's individual.

Or maybe, mounting sliders (like that open/close a drawer) to the bottom of the joists. It would be expensive, but using a setup like used on a pocket door would give me nice mobility, easy staking, & easy bucket changes.

Any other "outside the box" ideas are welcome. These are going to be extremely heavy.

shemshemet

shemshemet

@Junk tell me about your widow

Breeder, seed/clone?, indica or sativa leaning? how many weeks flowering? dense nugs or long colas? mango/fruit smelling or herbal earthy?

Junk

Junk

Just some updates.

I had to take 2 Tangerine Dreams down. This is my first cold weather grow with these...& I found out they don't like 65. I also found out that I had 3 TD's, 1 WW, & 1 Sour D.

So one TD survived 65* at lights off. All the other plants loved it. So lights off is now 68 & that appears to do the trick.

Right now, I'll just show bud shots. At the end of the run, I'll take pics of each plant individually so you can see how much monster cropping increases the growth of the plant. Seemingly, the entire veg & flower cycle.

However, I have reached an opinion on it. While it's nice to have it veg so fast. During flower, it's just too much. Perhaps in soil, where the growth is a little slower it would work ok. But in hydro, combine the hydro vigor with the monster cropping effect, & the sum is just too much to handle. It's a constant chasing game of supporting new growth that has shot up. This doesn't happen (at least not to the extent that it's a pita) with regular plants.

Royal Queen Sour Diesel day 73
20151103 094650

Dutch Passion White Widow day 73
20151103 094703

Barney's Farm Tangerine Dream

20151103 094735

Latest posts

Top Bottom