Monster Cropping W/a Twist

• Thread starter monstacropn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

It got hailed on, but it's recovering. Buds are slowly filling in.
IMG 8973
GG#4 clone taken from budding mama.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

my very first plant I ever did monster/super crop I planted it out side then took it in side right as it was going to flower then veg it for another 3 weeks and flower for 4 weeks on harvest I had 106 stems to cut and clean took me 22 hours in the pic she is all tied up when I cut them she was wider then my washer and about 5ft

SANY0180
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I guess I should have read more before posting. I thought you were just revegging a plant, but you're cloning a flowering plant and revegging for a really long time - That's pretty interesting! I'll be following closely :)
its about the same as re veg or clone when u have pistils on the clones u going to take

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Cloning when the plant is budding gives you more branches to start with. Then, you can SOG or keep opening the plant up, to make more of the inside branches become top buds. Mine is 5 foot tall, and at least 7 feet wide. That pic is of the 1/3 that was hailed on, (pic taken from directly above). The buds are slow to fill in.

monstacropn

monstacropn

Cloning when the plant is budding gives you more branches to start with. Then, you can SOG or keep opening the plant up, to make more of the inside branches become top buds. Mine is 5 foot tall, and at least 7 feet wide. That pic is of the 1/3 that was hailed on, (pic taken from directly above). The buds are slow to fill in.
From what I learned so far is that mine grew very slowly, so much that mine never even grew up to the net lol literally it has like maybe 10 tops total that sprouted out from initial bud on the clone. Although it's not as bountiful as my others it is my favorite having most density, width/ girth and triclones everywhere!

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Doesn't seem like mine will have enough time to fill in the colas.
From what I learned so far is that mine grew very slowly, so much that mine never even grew up to the net lol literally it has like maybe 10 tops total that sprouted out from initial bud on the clone. Although it's not as bountiful as my others it is my favorite having most density, width/ girth and triclones everywhere!
It sounds great in theory, but maybe I'm not pushing them hard enough early on. I know I wasn't watering enough.

monstacropn

monstacropn

Doesn't seem like mine will have enough time to fill in the colas.

It sounds great in theory, but maybe I'm not pushing them hard enough early on. I know I wasn't watering enough.
There are many ways of watering, I just do the old school way by moving surface dirt, then grab a handfull of the soil , then squeezing it firmly and release. If most of the soil falls off your hand it's needing water. Water +good soil +proper lighting + stable environment=nice harvest (FAT BUDS)

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

It's my first grow, Monsta. I am growing in the worst hard pack clay, & I am lucky to have any crop! Soil repacks itself, and pH goes thru the roof every time I water. Good advice, though. Thank you!

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

It's my first grow, Monsta. I am growing in the worst hard pack clay, & I am lucky to have any crop! Soil repacks itself, and pH goes thru the roof every time I water. Good advice, though. Thank you!
Did you add anything to your clay soil like Gypsum, peat moss, or organic matter? Lots of things you can do to help with clay soils

monstacropn

monstacropn

Did you add anything to your clay soil like Gypsum, peat moss, or organic matter? Lots of things you can do to help with clay soils
Yes soil is huge part of overall grow, you can even make your own mulch like worm castings, if you live close to a bridge by or at a river go to bottom of it's pillars and the black pellets on the ground is bat sh--t (High in nitrogen & price )

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I added horse manure, sand, and a lil of the local Farmer's market peat soil mix, but not anywhere near enough. Later added a bit of sulfur. Also, plants had 1 gallon of fish heads & guts buried 18"+ under them. Have been lowering my pH with apple cider vinegar.

monstacropn

monstacropn

I've never even heard of monster cropping haha. In my experience, depending on how long you've revegged the plant, there are all sorts of differences in growth which I personally don't find beneficial. Here's my experience with about a month of reveg. First, you get lots of dead brown calyxes, which can not only increase your chances of budrot, but it just lowers the overall bag appeal and smoke quality. They are the calyxes that form during the first time you flower. You'll see them on the bottoms of your trimmed buds and also when you break buds apart. Second, the shrubby new growth can be really leafy, which cause the plant to feed differently, often times leading to premature yellowing from the increased nitrogen demand. and third, on stretchy strains like sour diesel, every node stretches to the top. If you don't spend extra time pruning, you get loads more larf. These are my experiences, and I hope your experience turns out much better than mine. I'm actually running some accidentally 'monstercropped' deadhead og in my greenhouse, so I'm also curious to see your progress
Well their buds was large and honestly it seamed like it took twice the time to grow making big buds but simply not as much yield over-all so I would advise not to monster crop unless your experimenting or just goofing off .

Latest posts

Top Bottom