Montana Specific Strains

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Had a nice little chat with my old friend today. The GG came to MT in 1980. It was held closely by a select few for many years. He called it stickem to the wall, ahgani/indica lineage. It came from a professor in WA who supposedly introduced the NL to the masses. He also said it was very stable and was ran hard for sixteen years before it just wore itself out which I have seen others do too. The last of the GG I knew was about 2000-2001 and one of the last z's I bought I ended up kiefing out cause it was too harsh to smoke. To all the people who say they have it I question. They may have some crosses of it but doubt the original. And with crosses being said, I would still love to see some of that. One of a kind that GG was. PEACE.

This sounds exactly right, I was waiting for you to drop the bomb on the GG. Thank-You, and I agree I highly doubt that it is still in existence today! Wouldn't it be nice though, I think that when I tried the gg it could of held its own to any of our strains of today.

F

fractalluvbuds

Silvertip hybrid

I'd have to say the VICS FRUIT is one of the most unique and tastiest plants I have tried, and YES! it does hit you like the diesel, instant! Thank you sanva! I am really looking forward to sprouting those little babies you kicked me. The BLUE QUEEN sounds absolutely wonderful as well. Mandala seeds have breed some solid genetics, I have not tried speed queen alone, but I have heard great things.

I have successfully pollinated the SILVERTIP, my male pollen did not take, at least that I could tell yet, But my forced pollen from a BUBBLELICIOUS AKA BUBBLE GUM female, successfully pollinated the SILVERTIP, soooo that means Feminized seeds coming, a new generation is about to emerge out of the SILVERTIP, And I have great feelings, it is going to be a real tasty and beautiful line up. MAAAAN DO I LOVE MONTANA! :) CHEERS and BLESSINGS!

G

green stub

After my next grow, I will be starting a cross I created.
Love potion female crossed with a Green Crack male.......I'm calling it Green Ocean.
Interested to see if it will fill in the buds with the crack strain...will all see!
Will post pics when started about the end of March.

Here is a pic of a Green Crack bud left and my current Love potion right.

G crack L potion  green ocean
F

fractalluvbuds

way niice green stub. I have not been able to experience love potion. But green crack is definitely a good choice, I am excited to here an update on the success of the cross. Was it a stinky male?

G

green stub

way nice green stub. I have not been able to experience love potion. But green crack is definitely a good choice, I am excited to here an update on the success of the cross. Was it a stinky male?

I left it(male g.c.) outside, didn't want to contaminate the rest of the girls.
Had a small love potion (very perfumey) that I stuck out with it. After pollenation, I put it back in with the rest of the girls and finished budding, thanks. I can't wait til after my next batch to see what this does. Hope not to many male seed though, but could cross again, we will see!!

F

fractalluvbuds

For sure G S. I totally encourage breeding, Have you breed any others?

F

fractalluvbuds

So I was checking up on my trichomes today on one of my Bubblicious plants and below a calyx I noticed a shiny clear droplet. I touched it and it stuck to my finger like honey It smelled rich like the bubblicious resin but when i tasted it, it was very sugary nectar tasting, and dissolved it seemed. There was no damaged part of the plant that I cold tell, I am very curious to what this is, and if there was a way to produce it. has any one had a similar experience.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Fractall- Would love to sample out the Blue Queen....always open to more opinions about it

Sanvan- Blue Queen is bout ready....like to get together again soon

F

fractalluvbuds

Fractall- Would love to sample out the Blue Queen....always open to more opinions about it

Sanvan- Blue Queen is bout ready....like to get together again soon

That is greatly appreciated! I am down always to give fellow growers critique and kudos on there projects. I also have some I am drying up that I would like to share as well.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Anybody pick up the last issue of Cannabis Now magazine? Did everyone see the top 5 mountain strains?

zlessley

zlessley

Bozo

Never seen the magazine.. know where to find it in Bozo?

Anyways, HI! I just want to introduce myself: My name's Zack, I own and run Reclining Buddha here in Bozeman and I'm very much into strain collecting and breeding, especially sativas and sativa doms.

Oh and the whole smell issue in Bozo, I definitely don't have that problem :) Most people comment on how strong and complex my herb smells.:harvest:

As far as montana specific strains, my friend in belgrade who goes by janjaweed or supernatural (depending on the forum) crossed Subcool's Deep Purple (Querkle x P.Urkle) with a pre 98 Bubba Kush to make what I call Deep Bubba.

Deep Bubba: Bubba Kush X Deep Purple- Finishes in about 9 weeks and turns purple with a good flushing at 6-7 weeks. The smell is absolutely amazing: super stanky, very kushy, almost like a musky perfume. It makes amazing hash and if I have any on me, I get a LOT of comments from strangers about how good I smell :)

So.. this is what she looks like about 6 weeks in:

I also have a few other local strains such as Viet Thunder (Willie Nelson X Family of the Living Light's ATF), Cherry Thunderfuck (Viet Thunder x Medusa), and while it wasn't bred here, the incredibly high CBD strain Misty :)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had some more info on purple coal and I'm VERY interested in trading genetics if anyone's up to it! Also, if you have your MT card, contact me about the smokapelli forum, we'd love some new input :)

Sow the seeds of freedom :rollj:
Z

L

Luck Dragon

This is one that was created here in Missoula it is to be relased in 4 weeks. It is a MendoExpress x Black Berry Kush.It turns purple in week 2 of flower and the bud grows purple the entire time.Its aroma AND taste is a smooth sweeeeeet candy. Its is named Zoo's Candy.

L

Luck Dragon

Yes I saw it and I could not believe the results either, true smokers who actually taste their products know the difference. I and all our friends ALL prefer the White Erkel and the Purple Erkel over the silvertip any day. and the rest I thought were all standard strains COMMERCIAL .

M

MTgrower

What are you all considering a strain? Is any F1 cross a strain? Most of these sound like simple hybrid crosses. If those are strains, I've made quite a few.

For example, I crossed Sharksbreath and Sensi Star. All the resulting seeds have produced uniform plants (with the exception of one that looked like a haze plant). I call it Sensi Shark, but I don't consider it a strain, even though I have femmed seeds that I got from crossing the two parent strains.

How is a strain defined?

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Yes...some are simple crosses...but what do you mean what makes it a strain? Simple things you might wanna ask yourself though before it will take off is the origin of the genetics...are they verifiable?

The pollinating is the easy part.....then there is the testing of the seeds....pheno hunting....and deciding on whether or not it is a strain worthy of working over more. You could back cross chasing certain traits or whatever you decide. Just because you make a strain does not mean it will make it in the main stream world.

B

Buddy Flowers

"Many folks just through their own name on stuff
for marketing "

like how you said it was an ecsd cut with such confidence?

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
"Many folks just through their own name on stuff
for marketing "

like how you said it was an ecsd cut with such confidence?

True there are some that change names and make them what ever they want to market their strains/grow....and those people should be called out.

This is where ethics, morals and respect come into play. This is where you decide what kind of grower you are.

All strains should get the respect they deserve in every way...should not change names, unless you crossed it with something. Creators should get credit for anything created...no matter how it was created....whether accidentaly or planned. There have been some awesome strains created out of pure accident....do they deserve anyless respect? This is simply my opinion as a grower...everyone travels down their own path.

L

Luck Dragon

Absolutely!! Everyone one has to always remember no matter what they are working with it didn't just come out of thin air a cross is a cross and breeding is breeding in all its different forms and it all factors down to the genetics and ethics and how you want to distribute it and name it. Name changing to save face or market better for money or notary, is just spitting in the face of someone that worked hard on that strain or breed or what ever you want to call it in either case. It is what it is disrespect! Everyone deserves the credit that is do when something turns out completely off the hook
weather it was an accident or not. True growers are the one that keep the nose to the grindstone no matter whats said. I think most of us can all agree on one thing and that is everyone here loves to grow and the world could always use a newbie or master, we all learn from each other.Respect!

L

Luck Dragon

And on that note Zoo Berry is not the correct name it is actually Zoo's Candy they are one and the same the name was just a toss up for a while. The strain is held by me Luck Dragon. It was grown out of batch of seeds that were all throw aways out of one of the buds that were produced in the accidental mix Other Growers still have them too in the area .I was just the first to grow them. Everyone told me I was crazy for trying to grow them,but I replied "YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU DON'T TRY". Now they are coming out some of the smoothest sweetest cuts I've ever had the privilege of smelling they are literally like candy and the second pheno is coming out even better than the first .It was a complete success and ALL!! the credit for it should go to my friend Baked Reality who created it ,it is a( Mendo Oriental X Black berry Kush )and it was just my intuition and a lot of luck to be able to get to pop them babies open. MUCH RESPECTS!!BAKED REALITY!MUCH RESPECTS!!

Top Bottom