• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Awwwwwwwwwww ya baby!

What is your brew Kotten ?

I usually run a sour corn mash with plenty of malt corn. First run you get a sweet run. Then save the pit slop and add that back into next run to sour it up. About the 3 rd run you have true sour mash.
I also make apple crack and split brandy. Have to temper it down a bit tho if not it'll burn ya up shits awful fiery lol
KMK

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
questions..
do you use any turbo in your mash?
why do some guys boil they're fruit mash instead of boiling sugar water?

I've been looking at this (scroll down to bottom) recipe..do you see any mistakes or something I might change up?
The reason you boil down your fruit is to convert starch to sugar!
You can make a wash out of just using sugar but it is tasteless and has no character. Good for making mixers tho.
KMK

SpiderK

SpiderK

questions..
do you use any turbo in your mash?
why do some guys boil they're fruit mash instead of boiling sugar water?

I've been looking at this (scroll down to bottom) recipe..do you see any mistakes or something I might change up?

The fruit is how they did it in the old country ( slov ) so I think we used about 80LB's of sugar w/peaches ( 200 gallons ) or pears, plums. We like the taste of fruit /best. Michigan peaches late summer massive and dripping with juicy goodness. The taste is old school eastern euro-. Yeast ( cuvee ) added day one, after two weeks gravity test you don't want it going too long. Use a mixer on the end of a drill or large spoon you can clean, the mash rises daily and we remix it till its like water, recover the food grade ( important ) 45 gallon garbage can & put a large rubber band or something around the rim sealing the mash. Takes about 2 weeks ...

Last edited:
Natural

Natural

what was it reading at the end of fermenting...like 10 or 12 proof?

what I mean is the "gravity test" is that with the alcoholometer thing?

Last edited:
Power OG

Power OG

i love some shine! liking the thread fellas.
IMG 20140328 154805
IMG 20140328 154818

K

kolah

Nice thread. I make about 20 gallons of organic wine a year...and wanting to try brewing some beer in the near future. I never tried making high proof moonshine, looks tempting.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
I've had some homemade whiskey aged in a barrel...it was tasty. Hints of vanilla, oak, and honey. I imagine wood chips would work well too.
Yes you can use wood chips but keep an eye on it it don't take near as long to finish.
KMK

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

looks beautiful, with that much shine *cough* you probally need alotta help *cough* drinkin that...... =0 .......being the upstanding man i am. I am at your services any time you need to make that disappear.........yyyeepp i know it's tough to find such good folk but I'm willing to except the burden of drinkin that there shine.......hahaha looks great!

Top Bottom