more on jasmonate usage

• Thread starter salmonslammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swisscheese

Honestly I tried the jasmonate spray(jaz rose spray) on my last grow and am not really convinced it improved anything at all. I will have to do a side by side to see for sure but my lemon cake which I've been growing longer than any other strain had noticeable less flavor and potency than every run before it. It was the first run that people were actually unhappy with the flavor and potency. It really makes me suspect whenever I see new members saying how good a product works and my results are so drastically different. Not definitive but something to keep in mind.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Honestly I tried the jasmonate spray(jaz rose spray) on my last grow and am not really convinced it improved anything at all. I will have to do a side by side to see for sure but my lemon cake which I've been growing longer than any other strain had noticeable less flavor and potency than every run before it. It was the first run that people were actually unhappy with the flavor and potency. It really makes me suspect whenever I see new members saying how good a product works and my results are so drastically different. Not definitive but something to keep in mind.
This is exactly why i am doing a side by side so that there can be a compairison of results too report! Your findings are the first ive heard of that have been a negative and you know how many parameters are at play in the grow room ! Time will tell and i will report my findings

homebrew420

homebrew420

we need picts for this type of question. One can say anything but when we see it is when we begin to believe. Dont' mean to be doubtful just want to know if this stuff works. Most of what I have read for Cannabis use is fairly inconclusive. And if the jaz is so volatile it will be difficult, as Squiggly pointed out, to get accurate comparison. Thanks for sharing and good luck

Peace

manitoid.

manitoid.

Very interested in seeing the results of this, thanks for running a side-by-side salmonlammer!

dizzlekush

dizzlekush

it shouldn't boost "trich" production--but it should increase oil production in existing trichs @ around 40%. I imagine this will translate to more trichs but yes 30% is a stretch. I believe this is just a misunderstanding over the action of the compound, it flips on terpene production overdrive, not trich production per se.

Squiggly i gotta disagree with you on this point. Jasmonates (more specifically Methyl Jasmonate) greatly increase both glandular and non glandular trichome density. Spurr and I have both gone over this in great detail at ICM but ill give you a few studies just to back myself up here.

Jasmonates aren't the only hormones that'll increase glandular trichome density BTW, 6-Benzylaminopurine also increases glandular trichome density as well, amongst other things. But BAP doesn't have the same effects on terpene production that Jasmonates do.

It should also be mentioned that Jasmonates while increasing the total amount of terpenes produced, will greatly alter your terpene profile. They will greatly increase the production of some terpenes, slightly increase the production of others, not effect some at all, and will decrease the production of certain terpenes.

BTW salmonslammer is quoting me in post #11

View attachment Jasmonic Acid and Trichome Patterning in Arabidopsis.pdf View attachment Methyl Jasmonate Application Induces Increased Densities of Glandular Trichomes on Tomato.pdf View attachment Interactive Effects of Jasmonic Acid, Salicylic Acid, and Gibberellin on Induction of Trichomes.pdf
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Squiggly i gotta disagree with you on this point. Jasmonates (more specifically Methyl Jasmonate) greatly increase both glandular and non glandular trichome density. Spurr and I have both gone over this in great detail at ICM but ill give you a few studies just to back myself up here.

Jasmonates aren't the only hormones that'll increase glandular trichome density BTW, 6-Benzylaminopurine also increases glandular trichome density as well, amongst other things. But BAP doesn't have the same effects on terpene production that Jasmonates do.

Are you talking about your observed BTH effects on Cannabis? Because it doesn't seem to work on tomatoes (at 0.1 mM anyway). Do you prefer the terpene profile with, or without MJ?

I recently read another study that used 0.5 mM MJ. MUCH lower than the 7.5 mM in the study you reference. 0.5 mM works out to 100 ppm. 7.5 mM is over 1500 ppm. It still only works out to 1.6 m/L of MJ in water.

fyi Sigma-Aldrich sells 5 ml vials of MJ for $44.

B

Bangarang

So i just placed an order from Sigma-Aldrich. I have to do some more reading but what would be the recommended dose for foliaring?

F

forgetmenot

the best place to get it is ebay from nw biotech... you can get 100ml pure mdja for $30... i mix .1ml/l in with my foliar spray 2-3x after buds have shown thats enough for 1000 liters of foliar spray..I also use omega fatty acids and canolla oil in my mix with some yucca and some tria. it keeps the bugs away and boosts oil alot! also I found it counteracts the streching effect of the trai..

F

forgetmenot

the best place to get it is ebay from nw biotech... you can get 100ml pure mdja for $30... i mix .1ml/l in with my foliar spray 2-3x after buds have shown thats enough for 1000 liters of foliar spray..I also use omega fatty acids and canolla oil in my mix with some yucca and some tria. it keeps the bugs away and boosts oil alot! also I found it counteracts the streching effect of the trai..

john martin

john martin

Bump: Just FYI, I did one spray with the product in link above at .1 ML / Quart with no burn, then the following day accidentally did 1 full ML / Quart and didn't realize my mistake until later. TBH I was a bit worried, but luckily it only burned maybe 2-3 leafs in the entire room (ever slightly so)! I mixed the Methyl DiHydroJasm. with SnowStorm Ultra and BudFactor X. Just recently read that Triacontanol has synergistic effect with the MDHJ, so maybe that is what helped prevent the burn?

@forgetmenot , you mix the MDHJ as is, or add alcohol first?

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Bump: Just FYI, I did one spray with the product in link above at .1 ML / Quart with no burn, then the following day accidentally did 1 full ML / Quart and didn't realize my mistake until later. TBH I was a bit worried, but luckily it only burned maybe 2-3 leafs in the entire room (ever slightly so)! I mixed the Methyl DiHydroJasm. with SnowStorm Ultra and BudFactor X. Just recently read that Triacontanol has synergistic effect with the MDHJ, so maybe that is what helped prevent the burn?

@forgetmenot , you mix the MDHJ as is, or add alcohol first?

MDHJ, Bud Factor X and snowstorm ultra wow thats quite the elictor cocktail, are your plants still looking happy?

john martin

john martin

Yep, some of them had slightly twisted leafs, but really frosting up and chunking up lookin' good. Seemed to make them real hungry and thirsty.

OGResearch

OGResearch

Doing some research on the effects of Methyl Jasmonate on trichome increase and synergistic abilities. Will report back soon!

john martin

john martin

稀释浓度是多少?有水晶的花还能使用吗?
.1毫升/夸脫。最推薦噴在晚蔬或第一周或兩朵花。有些噴霧2-3週前剁,但鬆散產量這樣。我建議您在發布之前學習英語或使用Google翻譯,因為99.9%的人不會回复您。

leamon

leamon

Originally English, the result has been automatically translated into Chinese by the visitor. Do I use it after the growing season, or when I just enter the florescence? How long should I use it? How long is the interval?

Top Bottom