more spots getting raided

• Thread starter recordsnherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indica Jones

Indica Jones

5 patients times 12 plants equals 60 plants. There is no where in the law that allows you to sell marijuana to anyone. You are being paid to help cultivate plants not sell marijuana. People need to read the law and understand it and they will not have any issues. As a caregiver I'm saddened everytime I read about the police kicking in a door because they are getting fed up with people who are playing in a grey area of the law. The law was written to avoid the issues that are happening in CA.

Actually, P2P patient to patient transfers are legal in Michigan.

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

as far as buying mass quantities of bug infested cheap shit with no smell from cali and selling it for 3x the price or using out of state genetics altogether? i agree that we should be supporting local farmers and in the end supporting our community

The Cannamarkets are a good way of doing this. Caregiver overages are taken care of and no need to be importing Keif screened bud from Cali or Col.

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

Its an unfortunate byproduct of our industry. Im sure CO was full of Cali flowers when their law passed; its simple supply and demand.

Oakland County prosecutors office said the caregivers of america investigation was strictly at the federal level. Additionallly, the Coliseum strip club was also raided.

I am hoping that dispensaries here would be honest enough to at least have a michigan grown board.

They called the Feds in because they are supposed to be upholding State law, not enforcing Federal law. Oakland county is the militarized zone.

recordsnherb

recordsnherb

mark i definitely was not knocking cali bud, some of the best herb i ever smoked was in cali grown in cali and i paid 40 for an 8, no hate here. but like you said everyone and their dog is growing bud, and just because theyre little rock hard nuggets people think its cali dank, really this shit is probably your regs out there, no smell no taste and barely a high. my only thing is when its from cali, thats where the money goes, doesnt stay here in the mitten and we need to do everthing we can to pick this mf'r back up

G

gooey

Exactly, i have no prob with cali herb either...some of the best, but i want to help michigan not cali...maybe when its all legal we can have imports but not now, if you know people bringing in cali herb i suggest you step up n stop it...its hurting us all

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well never thought of any product from the USA as an import before,new one on me! As for keeping the money at home seems kind of lame cause people buy things from all over the world anymore.I think we all need to step up to the plate and produce more American made products myself. When I was a kid everything started being made in Japan now everything is made some place other than America and it`s all paid for with credit.That`s a great deal of why we all are hurting in these economic times.In the 60`s you were expected to work very hard for a living but there were more jobs than workers so if you lost your job you could have a new one before supper time. Not that way anymore I don`t care where you live in the USA! But back then we were an industral country instead of a service based country. Look where that`s got us! Anyway Cali is now suppling 90% of the states MMJ market but much of it is B grade krap that they can`t sell in the Cali market. Myself I don`t care where my meds are grown at so much as the quality of the product. Many newer med states are just not ready to supply the demand of madications required and many do not have a good enough grow season to do so.90% of the weed grown in Cali is outdoor with most of that being grown in the temperate Northern valley and mountains. It`s one of the best places to grow any crop in the world.The biggest problems we have is new growers thinking you put a seed in the ground and by Fall your rich! It may be a great place to grow but it isn`t that easy and you aren`t going to get rich. It`s hard work and experience over the long hull and maybe you will make a good living if your luck holds out.I`m all for as many people growing there own as possible regardless of the state you are in.That`s why I`m more into the seed supply part of it.The only reason I even grew a larger bud grow was because my seed production and breeding programs took a bunch of hits because of rippers and thiefs. When I get back on trac I`d like to do some traveling around and help people set up large medical indoor and greenhouse grow operations.I`ve already done some writting as a gost writter that was published by the AMA.But mostly I`ve been as invisable as possible in the MJ comunities.

C

cheech

send some lb's my way mark... i don't give a fuck where it comes from as long as the price is right!

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

oh sweet man.. send me a link to a legal document where i can peep this for myself... good luck finding one though(doesn't exist)

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(15....aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26424

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(bt....aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26423

The defense rests.................................:harvest:

C

cheech

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(15....aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26424

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(bt....aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26423

The defense rests.................................:harvest:

so anyways.. i highlighted the key words... but yea, person, presence or vicinity of 'medical marijuana'.

you probably saw using and administering and interpreted it as providing?

i wish you were right though man!

deacon1503

deacon1503

Section 333.26424

"(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances."

This is what Prop 1 says about the transfer of meds. vauge and grey.

C

cheech

Section 333.26424

"(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances."

This is that Prop 1 says about the transfer of meds. vauge and grey.

above it says....

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

C

cheech

i really don't know what i'd tell a cop if i was rolled on well selling to someone who wasn't 'my patient'. i could insist that it was a legal transaction between two patients, but then he'd look at the guys card and see that i wasn't his care giver.. be safe.

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

Deacon, it means your taking in compensation for the service of growing cannabis, not for the product itself. It is still illegal to sell cannabis in Michigan.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Deacon, it means your taking in compensation for the service of growing cannabis, not for the product itself. It is still illegal to sell cannabis in Michigan.

Yes, this I know. I tell newbies to remove the word "sell" from their vocabs. "Reimbursement" is the name of the game.

B

barneyfife

but indica jones if it says that selling the actual product is illegal.
than how are the dispensorys doing it? cuz thats excatly what there doing arent they?
you walk in with a card pic your choich strains pay for them and leave with said product.
there not selling any cost for growing if im wrong let me no. but it sounds and looks like there just letting peeps pic meds and buy them.
thats straight up selling weed is it not?

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

Affirmative defense is what confuses LEO because it was written that way to keep the powers at bay and not harass, jail, confiscate any belongings including oneself.

The definition of "medical use" keeps dispensaries going.

Most generally it is implied as a service and what your giving is the cost to acquire the meds.

3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

(h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited.

Also notice the word "person"............didn't state CG or PT

The above line is enough defense to open a dispensary.:character0029:

This one line would also make SB17 null and void.

Top Bottom