Morning Jolt Coffee Or Tea???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hey Kolah, I agree that drink I drink isn't good, but I pace it over a few hours and it's 240mg of caffeine which is about 2 cups of coffee, fwiw
Caffeine is a strong addiction, I'm so mellow naturally that it helps a bit ;)

With the amount of cannabis I burn daily the drink ensures I make it to bedtime, lol

I'm naturally wired. Weed takes the edge off.

outwest

T

Thatgirl

For so long I was a coffee, cig, followed immediately a bong hit type of gal. After about a decade the coffee started killing my stomach. I started eating breakfast when I couldn't drink anything caffeine anymore, and right around the same time I started working/living on a farm, and ever since have been handling large animals first thing every day. Nothing gets ya going like a 1200 lb beast all feisty and ready to get out of its stall for the day and have its breakfast! Hahaha. Also, I found it just helps my day flow better if I wait a couple hours to have my first toke of the day. Wake n bake just leaves me in too much of a daze.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

For so long I was a coffee, cig, followed immediately a bong hit type of gal. After about a decade the coffee started killing my stomach. I started eating breakfast when I couldn't drink anything caffeine anymore, and right around the same time I started working/living on a farm, and ever since have been handling large animals first thing every day. Nothing gets ya going like a 1200 lb beast all feisty and ready to get out of its stall for the day and have its breakfast! Hahaha. Also, I found it just helps my day flow better if I wait a couple hours to have my first toke of the day. Wake n bake just leaves me in too much of a daze.

Oh god I think I just fell in love......your my kinda girl!!!!!

T

Thatgirl

Hahaha! This is really coming together! Someone call TLC and let them know we have their next big hit, reality show!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Monster rehab its non carbinated unilike the other monster its ice tea and lemonade and energy about to crack my second one now, I do love-need my caffiene all day ..... def an addiction of mine for sure .....

squiggly

squiggly

Its worth noting that if thermonuclear heartburn has kept you awake all night--there is no need for a morning jolt.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I think in general the majority of folks need a jolt or three to get through their day. I also think that is why so many people like to use cocaine, crank and other uppers. I am just wired different and although I have tried all those drugs they never did much for me at all. I do consider caffeine a drug... a very potent one at that. My Dad drank coffee by the pots....ended up with prostate cancer. From what I have read, coffee can enlarge the prostate gland (early symptoms are dribbling urine and frequent nigh time pissing) and it also increases the risk of prostate cancer. I also know that caffeine really fires up the adrenal glands which is not good at all. IMO, being in "fight or flight" mode on a regular basis is detrimental to ones health.
But again, it's my belief to use all things in moderation. This is not to say I am perfect (far from it) and I think everyone has their own threshold and tolerance levels AND their own personal choice of free-will to do whatever they want to do. Hell, we sure as heck do not need the Coffee Police to start banning our consumption. (ala New York and their banning of Big Gulp sodas)

btw I have seen folks who are heavy caffeine consumers and decided to try and quit cold turkey and ended up with horrible migraines and severe muscle tremors (much lke alcohol D.T's). It's a pretty serious drug.
In winter it's chai and different teas, black, green, red, brown, love me some genmeicha!(sp) lol
But in the summer I drink poison, it's hfc free poison but I don't do coffee and don't prefer hot beverages when it's hot out, so I drink these nasties half the year and tea the other.

View attachment 251717
baba try the monster energy rehab , its ice-tea lemonade and non carb with ton's of energy and does not have that monster aftertaste ..... thou i do agree with kolah as i do pee all night and need to drink at least three a day sometimes more

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Strictly speaking, its much better for energy (throughout the day) if you stay away from coffee and manage your blood glucose level better (by planning a diet around glycemic indices). This is where energy and awakeness comes from.

Your liver can store about 8% of its total weight as glycogen. This is the ONLY glycogen in the body which can be made available to other tissues (such as the brain). Glycogen is a long chain polymer of glucose, and it is our body's way of storing glucose (it is analogous to starch in plants). The muscles do store about 2% of their weight as glycogen, but this is only available to the muscles themselves.

Taking the average weight of a human liver (1.2kg) and multplying that by 8 percent gives a value of 96grams of glycogen. In a 6-12 hour fast, depending on your last meal and metabolism--this ENTIRE glycogen store is depleted.

Your body can make other forms of energy available to the brain (such as ketone bodies)--but your brain prefers glucose, and these "other" types of molecules generally come from the breakdown of needed tissues, and they contribute to blood toxicity--look up ketoacidosis: a condition which used to be common among diabetics due to their bodies inability to use glucose, their body eats itself and supplies energy that way. Going without food for about 6 hours will expose you to this chemical mechanism, even if its not enough to induce ketoacidosis--it is not good for you. Your brain is responsible for up to 50% of the energy calorie usage in your body, it is a monster which must be fed.

Caffeine tricks your body into a state where you feel more awake, but ultimately you will end up more tired later in the day. You may not notice this, strictly speaking, because as the day goes along you are more equilibrated to the awake state--and we're really good at tricking ourselves into "feeling" awake. It is in the morning, when this equilibration has not yet occurred that we are most susceptible to feeling tired.

If you go with coffee in the morning, make sure you EAT as well. Your brain will thank you, even if you can't tell the difference :)
hahaha.....classic. true.......but so classic lol

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

In winter it's chai and different teas, black, green, red, brown, love me some genmeicha!(sp) lol
But in the summer I drink poison, it's hfc free poison but I don't do coffee and don't prefer hot beverages when it's hot out, so I drink these nasties half the year and tea the other.

View attachment 251717
babas gone to the dark side!..........haha fool, everyone knows those things are death. Now redbull on the other hand, thats a real mans drink :D

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Coffee man, I love some dark roast. I really want a cappuccino machine, that would be asome. Black iced tea for the day, or some organic OJ.

Got my farm started CM. lol :) I woke and my neighbor was out side putting this together in my yard giggling and shit all drunk. Fucking ducks. Quak quak quak, there SO stupid there hilarious. The female is a total frigon slut. There kinda cool, they got personality.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Damn, Bo0m, I wish you'd gotten video of the neighbor pranking your ass with DUCKS. LMAO!!

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Damn, Bo0m, I wish you'd gotten video of the neighbor pranking your ass with DUCKS. LMAO!!

I was dead asleep, they are super cool though. There so damn stupid. We had them in the pen, but then they escaped and we Just desisded to let them run free. So the just hang out in the neibor hood. There the neighbor hood ducks. :) they follow you around, and the. When you turn and look at them they take off running quaking and shit.

Top Bottom