Most Basic Questions

• Thread starter LoneWeedMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

It's Day 6 of my first grow!
hB7xjLfQ3QSw8L6Bq2VA27LFfxoqtGVYuuZKGUk8vP2IHfpVWh6SmwSx0Elx-RbHeEBcRazi0sAZyMdSM7WiXCpox6IEdwZvriWfPKQTWOOXNPGwZ2xeFbEM
Woot, Woot!!
OK, promise not to laugh, but here's what I have. Nothing will change for about 2 weeks. Except the plant size
_3hbu4kxeydcZlMRR6L6VtJNESPGyPqJ6tYtQE7hRf3aag_GQ0d5BnncXNqeDbWV52WNXUb75_jS0FXiYBWv4_xBYswgfO36u2O4O8cgMpHaP5VXibCgOW36
! It's a little soon, I guess, to claim, "Bursting With Flavor." But hey, dreams are what makes life tolerable." - Rudy's friend Pete's dad -

View attachment 339683View attachment 339684View attachment 339685View attachment 339686

So, My question for today is about seeds. Here's what I think I know.

Male / Regular - produces seed, can pollinate female.
Female / Regular - Will produce seeds. (does it need to be pollinated?)
Feminized - Has a terminator gene - won't produce seeds (Can it be pollinated?)

So, what info am I missing and let's not get on the crossing subject because right now it confuses me :wacky:.

first that seedling looks damn healthy for day 6 so def not anything to be ashamed of ,
seeds
1) regular seeds - can produce males or female plants , you only wanna keep a male plant if you plan to pollinate and it has a great structure or amazing smell or something that makes it stand out.
2)you would need to isolate it from the females and let it gather a good bit of pollen sacks , then you have two options and being your new to this . your best bet if you wanna make seeds is to hand pollinate - to do this you can cut the best few limbs and put in a glass of water under light and something to catch the pollen once the sacks open. then put in small container in frig or long term storage freezer (apply is detailed and on here in numerous threads)
3) you can make seeds with fem beans thou most advice against it but there are a few good seeds/strains that are made with a fem female but not the best route but you seem to be a long way from breeding ,

I would focus on growing out that seedling as it looks fine and take it from there.....

blessings
SoSerThc1

LoneWeedMan

LoneWeedMan

You know, that compost soil I used has to be packed full of nutrients and vitamins. My wife and I juice fresh fruits and veggies and that is the majorty of what the compost is made of, well, the pulp that is discarded after juicing. About 80% of the compost is the pulp from carrots, kale, spinach, apples, lettuce, tomatoes, pears, oranges banana peels and pineapple. I also added 10% dead leaves and 10% grass cuttings, (I watched a video that explained how leaves and grass add specific nutrients to the mix.) I really like the Idea that the left overs from what we consume can make a dirt that can grow thing we consume. :cool:

LoneWeedMan

LoneWeedMan

first that seedling looks damn healthy for day 6 so def not anything to be ashamed of ,
seeds
1) regular seeds - can produce males or female plants , you only wanna keep a male plant if you plan to pollinate and it has a great structure or amazing smell or something that makes it stand out.
2)you would need to isolate it from the females and let it gather a good bit of pollen sacks , then you have two options and being your new to this . your best bet if you wanna make seeds is to hand pollinate - to do this you can cut the best few limbs and put in a glass of water under light and something to catch the pollen once the sacks open. then put in small container in frig or long term storage freezer (apply is detailed and on here in numerous threads)
3) you can make seeds with fem beans thou most advice against it but there are a few good seeds/strains that are made with a fem female but not the best route but you seem to be a long way from breeding ,

I would focus on growing out that seedling as it looks fine and take it from there.....

blessings
SoSerThc1

Thanks man, I think I can relax for a few days now. I've got her, I hope it's a her, on an 18/6 lighting schedule and for right now the temps at night get down to about 60*F / 15.5*C. Not a lot warmer during the day. We are headed into the rainy season so the temps are coming down. I ordered a temp / humidity guage from Amazon, so I can keep things in line.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks man, I think I can relax for a few days now. I've got her, I hope it's a her, on an 18/6 lighting schedule and for right now the temps at night get down to about 60*F / 15.5*C. Not a lot warmer during the day. We are headed into the rainy season so the temps are coming down. I ordered a temp / humidity guage from Amazon, so I can keep things in line.

60% is pretty low are you inside under the 250 hps you talked about ?

Jboys3

Jboys3

I want to start a thread for people like me who know very little, but unlike me, may be embarrassed to ask. I will ask the most basic questions that may seem stupid to some, but please forgive my learning challenges for now, mmm-Kay? So please, someone, anyone, everyone feel free to answer. Also, please ask any basic questions you have.

My first question is: When I read flowering time 8 weeks, what do they specifically mean. Is it 8 weeks in the flowering stage in addition to the veg stage, or is it, plant the seed and in 8 weeks your flowers are ready to harvest?

Since I grow indoors on a perpetual cycle, with four trays always in bloom; this is how I raise my meds...

2 weeks cloning - 2 weeks red cups - 2 weeks 3 gallon pots in veg - 2 weeks in 15 gallon pots in veg - 64 days [basically 9 weeks] in flower. 17 weeks until harvest from start to finish. Ideally I should have 5 trays in bloom, but ran out of space.

Others will say I am actually on a 13 week cycle, but you asked...

LoneWeedMan

LoneWeedMan

Woot Woot, :woot: I got some Northern Lights medication last night and it is SUPURB. Who ever grew this stuff knew what they were doing. The Woot Woot is because I found 4 good looking seeds, as I was breaking the buds up to dry them out for vaping. I didn't even go through it all yet. The reason I'm stoked is because I've been worried about being able to get good seed. Now when I get a grow tent set up I will be able to hit the ground running. So I guess my next grow will be Northern Lights!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom