Most efficient LEDs right now?

• Thread starter flipflop64
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flipflop64

flipflop64

So i need 150 LED fixtures for my commercial grow. What are the most efficient lights on the market rn?
Is it still the ones with the samsung chips? I've been reading about the 5050 horticulture chips which can reach up to 3 µmol/J?? Is that true?
If yes where can i get fixtures with these chips?

thanks guys

indogrow420

indogrow420

I read good things about photontek, 150 fixtures sounds like a shit ton of money

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Seems like best bang for your buck is HLG Scorpion Diablo... all depends how much you want to spend. There are some fancy lights out there that cost quite a bit more per watt (similar efficiency), and some that are cheaper... but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't want to diagnose or fix or maintain 150 cheap lights. I bought some Scynce Dragon Alpha 2's, which are stupid expensive, but IDGAF, I like em lol. If I wanted to cut some costs and still get a great light I'd go HLG personally. Tons of options though.

indogrow420

indogrow420

I get what you are saying but the chinese most likely skimps out on proper quality control and the USA made fixtures might have chinese made components but what they sell has probably been properly inspected before selling it reducing the chances of it failing

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

150 light grow… id be asking a host of different questions along side of efficiency of the fixture which means nothing if the setup doesn’t take advantage of that.

Just food for thought.

I would also get quotes as i find it difficult to think they would not compete for that business.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Hire yourself a electrician, by the drivers and buy yourself the quantum boards you need and build them yourself a lot cheaper just put the quantum boards on heat sinks. Save a lot of money.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seems like best bang for your buck is HLG Scorpion Diablo... all depends how much you want to spend. There are some fancy lights out there that cost quite a bit more per watt (similar efficiency), and some that are cheaper... but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't want to diagnose or fix or maintain 150 cheap lights. I bought some Scynce Dragon Alpha 2's, which are stupid expensive, but IDGAF, I like em lol. If I wanted to cut some costs and still get a great light I'd go HLG personally. Tons of options though.
Had the diablo its a great quality light. Id use in a bit higher height than compared to say gavita 1700e just not quite the spread. Plus gavita had issues with the controllers. None the less i dont think adjusting the potentiometer on a 150 scorpion diablos would be much fun. But HLG may have a solution for an order that size

flipflop64

flipflop64

150 light grow… id be asking a host of different questions along side of efficiency of the fixture which means nothing if the setup doesn’t take advantage of that.

Just food for thought.

I would also get quotes as i find it difficult to think they would not compete for that business.
Hey my friend, I want to grow two story in flower, three story in veg and single story for my moms, sealed co2 rooms with air distribution tubes over the lights (like airglide f.e.).
Climate control with opticlimates on top and added dehumidifiers .

Go with Govida HPS, and make some $
HPS doesnt make any sense for me as i have to get an over double the size airconditioning system which costs me more. electricity prices are also going super insane rn.

Hire yourself a electrician, by the drivers and buy yourself the quantum boards you need and build them yourself a lot cheaper just put the quantum boards on heat sinks. Save a lot of money.
Quantum boards wont work for me in terms of light distribution. quantum boards also use the same chips as the lights i want to get (Samsung lm301h) .
My contact sells me 650W samsung lm301h fixtures with added uv/deep red/IR and ports for light controllers for 300$ per light.

Last edited:
indogrow420

indogrow420

looks to me like you know your stuff , just go with whatever you want to use

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

That's the same LEDs I'm running right now.except my lights do have QB on heat sinks. That sounds like a good price.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There are many out there that would suit you but i would definitely stick with strip lights for that application.

The only one outside of that i would consider would be synce led because of the lenses they use. If you want to dabble with spectrum.

You can get caught splitting hairs in this. So excluding synce led i would look for:

Warranty and the fine print.

The total cost including controllers on a large purchase.

The most diodes per watt.

Around 600 watts calculating overlap spacing. Get from manufacturer. And if your only running say 4x8 then a 5x5 coverage is a waste so keep footprint in mind.

Ability of dimming if required but if you dial everything in you likely sont need.

Proven commercial record.

@Anthem is a grower i know with a fair but of research and experience in this area.

My choices to look at would likely be gavita 1700e, scorpion diablo is an option if no dimming required, fluence, photontek or spider farmer if you feel like a bit of a risk on a newer less proven fixture that has many good reviews and lower costs. last but not least synce led for the really good spread using a bit older cob tek but tun-able spectrums that i feel are going to start playing a bigger roles as more studies and results are completed.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of these but its a coat vs gain evaluation only you can decide

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hey my friend, I want to grow two story in flower, three story in veg and single story for my moms, sealed co2 rooms with air distribution tubes over the lights (like airglide f.e.).
Climate control with opticlimates on top and added dehumidifiers .

HPS doesnt make any sense for me as i have to get an over double the size airconditioning system which costs me more. electricity prices are also going super insane rn.

Quantum boards wont work for me in terms of light distribution. quantum boards also use the same chips as the lights i want to get (Samsung lm301h) .
My contact sells me 650W samsung lm301h fixtures with added uv/deep red/IR and ports for light controllers for 300$ per light.
I don’t think you need our input.

Top Bottom