Most efficient LEDs right now?

• Thread starter flipflop64
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flipflop64

flipflop64

Whats the warranty you get with those is kinda where i think your making the savings
Yeah thats a good point. Also: would you rater go with less wider tables or more less wide tables (they are on rails so i dont need space in between). My partner is a small human ( 😂 ) with short arms so i might go for the less wide tables to improve on workflow (and his well beeing after 12 hours of defoliating). Are there any pros you can think of when using wider tables ?
Thanks for all the input btw i love talking about this

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah thats a good point. Also: would you rater go with less wider tables or more less wide tables (they are on rails so i dont need space in between). My partner is a small human ( 😂 ) with short arms so i might go for the less wide tables to improve on workflow (and his well beeing after 12 hours of defoliating). Are there any pros you can think of when using wider tables ?
Thanks for all the input btw i love talking about this
Imo less wide may provide for better air flow, easier pruning, provide more options on counts per strain and less weight if thats an issue. I take it you will be going with a SoG style grow?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That said if your lights do a 5x5 and those are the ones you want then for cost effectiveness i may go wider

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

HLG says you can run up to 100 Scorpions with an Autopilot PX2. Order the RJ 0-10v version instead of dimmer knob
Yeah they are really solid lights and the design will cover 4x5 better than a 5x5 just due to shape. They do need a bit more height than strip’s but not much maybe 4-6”. Spacing can be a but further as well because of that.

I believe they are still the most efficient with 3rd party testing results but that changes fast ao if not the most then very close

Observationist

Observationist

true but I think the chinese junk could potentially burn out and actually cost more in the long run , I would look out for a manufacturer that offers a good warranty
This is the problem with most of the Chinese stuff.

Otherwise I agree.

flipflop64

flipflop64

Imo less wide may provide for better air flow, easier pruning, provide more options on counts per strain and less weight if thats an issue. I take it you will be going with a SoG style grow?
10 plants per 10,76sqft (i did a calculation from square meters to square feet), so roughly one plant per sqf. idk if you can call that a sog grow tho.
is air flow even a problem when i use air distribution tubes? like these:

Airglide
OPTICLIMATE 1 401 LUCHTVERDEELSLANG 1

I was planning on pushing the airconditioned air from the ceiling into the fans which then distribute it through the tubes over all the plants. it heats up, rises to the top and then it repeats.
that way i can easily distribute co2 in the room too.
two more quest units dehumidify everything the opticlimate can't handle and also blow in the direction of the distribution fans. i will have to do some calculation and stuff but thats the rough idea.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

10 plants per 10,76sqft (i did a calculation from square meters to square feet), so roughly one plant per sqf. idk if you can call that a sog grow tho.

View attachment 1259786View attachment 1259787

I was planning on pushing the airconditioned air from the ceiling into the fans which then distribute it through the tubes over all the plants. it heats up, rises to the top and then it repeats.
two more quest units dehumidify everything the opticlimate can't handle and also blow in the direction of the distribution fans. i will have to do some calculation and stuff but thats the rough idea.
The larger and denser the canopy the more possibility of high humidity in n the middle of the rack. Depending on how well you maintain defoliation of your plants it may or may not be an issue. Its not just the airflow but the amount of humidity produced so defoliation is definitely key.

1 plant per sq ft is SoG to me.

Looks like a sweet setup man

Anthem

Anthem

View attachment 1259786View attachment 1259787

What size are the 2 quests you are looking at? What is the height of the grow racks above? 1 sq foot per plant is not enough in my opinion. What is your growing media? Most large scale is RW but just want to make sure.

If you are serious about 150 lights I would probably shoot for multiple AC units in the grow. But I would figure each 640 to 650 watt fixture requiring 2750 to 3000 BTU of cooling.

Keep in mind some of the fixtures listed can be ran closer to the plant than others.

flipflop64

flipflop64

@Anthem I am actually planning on running 9 plants per square meter which is a little under one per square feet. How many plants are you running per sqf?
I will grow in rockwool cubes. Maybe i will try the small cubes with slabs but im not sure yet because ive never used them before and i really dont want to try shit out in my first run with that setup.

So to clarify:

I will start with two flower rooms with 50 lights on the lower rack of the two story rolling benches each. I want to get the two story ones so i can easily just expand with putting in more dehu's inside and more opticlimates on top of the rooms. This way i can safe money on rent (its expensive where im at and also not easy to find good real estate). I dont have to build another whole room out of sandwich panels.
The other 50 Lights are for veg and moms (i am not sure yet how many for veg and how many for moms, suggestions appreciated 🥰)

I was planning on using per room:

1 x 21kw Opticlimate (a friend told me they just releasing that unit, idk if he is talking about the revomax. if not ill add a small third unit)
1 x 15kw Opticlimate
2 x QUEST DUAL 205 units

I have about 20 feet ceiling height. so i need approx 1.5feet of free room on top for airflow purposes (diffusers sucking up hot air). should be plenty of room for the plants then.

i hope i got all the information in this post, sorry if I forgot something

Looks like a sweet setup man

thanks dude, I appreciate that, been a lot of thinking,planning and taking in other peoples information :) mostly from european cbd growers and its not even done yet. I am working on a proper CAD model of the whole facility before i start in about 6-12 months. irigation is still in planning stages too. i want to use growlink sensors for crop steering. their dosing system is super cool too (they are using H.E anderson dosers if i am not mistaken). talked to one of their technicians but i am running low on funds and thats why i am probably starting of with "just" their sensor/irrigation system.

Anthem

Anthem

@Anthem I am actually planning on running 9 plants per square meter which is a little under one per square feet. How many plants are you running per sqf?
I will grow in rockwool cubes. Maybe i will try the small cubes with slabs but im not sure yet because ive never used them before and i really dont want to try shit out in my first run with that setup.

So to clarify:

I will start with two flower rooms with 50 lights on the lower rack of the two story rolling benches each. I want to get the two story ones so i can easily just expand with putting in more dehu's inside and more opticlimates on top of the rooms. This way i can safe money on rent (its expensive where im at and also not easy to find good real estate). I dont have to build another whole room out of sandwich panels.
The other 50 Lights are for veg and moms (i am not sure yet how many for veg and how many for moms, suggestions appreciated 🥰)

1 x 21kw Opticlimate (a friend told me they just releasing that unit, idk if he is talking about the revomax. if not ill add a small third unit)
1 x 15kw Opticlimate
2 x QUEST DUAL 205 units

I have about 20 feet ceiling height. so i need approx 1.5feet of free room on top for airflow purposes (diffusers sucking up hot air). should be plenty of room for the plants then.

thanks dude, I appreciate that, been a lot of thinking,planning and taking in other peoples information :) mostly from european cbd growers and its not even done yet. I am working on a proper CAD model of the whole facility before i start in about 6-12 months. irigation is still in planning stages too. i want to use growlink sensors for crop steering. their dosing system is super cool too (they are using H.E anderson dosers if i am not mistaken). talked to one of their technicians but i am running low on funds and thats why i am probably starting of with "just" their sensor/irrigation system.
To be honest this is not a cheap endeavor. I would say you are going to be into this for half to 1 million us dollars to get it up and running. Maybe more. It depends on the building and what is already existing.

Anthem

Anthem

So to clarify:

1 x 15kw Opticlimate
2 x QUEST DUAL 205 units

Commecial standards for plant count is 9 plants for 48" x 48". If you add more you need better equipment, mold becomes a problem.

flipflop64

flipflop64

To be honest this is not a cheap endeavor. I would say you are going to be into this for half to 1 million us dollars to get it up and running. Maybe more. It depends on the building and what is already existing.
Yeah i am at about 700k rn in my excel sheet.
If you add more you need better equipment, mold becomes a problem.
What do you mean with better equipment? Even with proper dehumidification?
Thats really good to know tho. I will stick to that then, thanks a lot :)

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

The times of "chinese junk" are long gone mate. They use the same chips and the same driver. All your fancy USA branded products are probably made in china too.
Thats the thing USA doesnt make anything anymore except tik toks and tweets. I bought a cheap 240 watt board off alibaba almost 2 years ago still running strong.

Although if I was buying 150 of them id definately be doing my research like you are.

Dont use boards, those new strip lights allow you to keep the lights closer to the canopy. Not sure if that matters in your case. Boards need damn near 2 ft atleast in my experience

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

There are 2 good inexpensive led lights on the market, I have a Viperspectra 600w 2 cycle reflector, last I checked $150 delivered, light works so well I bought another bc it was so inexpensive I thought it would eventually die, but have been running constantly for over 4 years no problem if had a bigger tent could hook both together, the other good inexpensive led lights are Spider farmer have heard nothing but good things about them, this is a personal opinion but steer clear of Mars Hydro they suck, now if you want to spend over a grand instead of $150 I would go with Black Dog.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Jeez 3.3umol/J 👽👽👽
Example of high red spectrum to manipulate efficiency rating and then you need to know if there was an actual sphere test done by a 3rd party or is it based on a flawed mathematical equation as almost all newer LED companies are doing?

Email them and ask for a copy of the 3rd party sphere test. If they cannot provide it to you the you know its the latter… and if they say huh? Then all the ore reason to look elsewhere.

See this is a common practice in the lighting industry that most don’t realize or know about… when a company publicly publishes their 3rd party lab test results then you can believe what claims are made.

Top Bottom