Most Of Them Will Be Too Tall?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Flower 5 Weeks, grow under 2xP2000.All the plants are crazy growing! Most of the plants in hydro were around 90-95cm tall around a week ago.They grow so fast. Do you think after the flowering stretch, most of them will be too tall?
Most of them will be too tall

Most of them will be too tall 2

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Flower 5 Weeks, grow under 2xP2000.All the plants are crazy growing! Most of the plants in hydro were around 90-95cm tall around a week ago.They grow so fast. Do you think after the flowering stretch, most of them will be too tall?
View attachment 1298142
View attachment 1298143

Consider LST or super-cropping to train them if you fear they will outgrow the space. I'm not seeing any budding action in the photos at all so I'm wondering if you'll have enough space myself.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

5 week veg? Totally strain dependent. I’ve had plants stretch for a little over a week and some last 3 weeks. You should be fine. Bend and tuck accordingly.
Absolutely get prepared for that. I've had some plants with virtually no stretch to some stretching 1.5 - 2x their size at flip. It's all strain dependent ... what he doesn't appear to have is a lot of overhead room and quantum boards usually require more space between light and canopy.

The good news is LST and/or super-cropping can make that problem go away rather quickly. However it needs to be done starting pretty much now in my opinion. The longer you wait to start training, the harder/more overwhelming it can be.

growsince79

growsince79

5 week veg? Totally strain dependent. I’ve had plants stretch for a little over a week and some last 3 weeks. You should be fine. Bend and tuck accordingly.
Thats not bad. Most of mine stretch 3-4 weeks, I have some Colombian that stretch 8-10 weeks.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Absolutely get prepared for that. I've had some plants with virtually no stretch to some stretching 1.5 - 2x their size at flip. It's all strain dependent ... what he doesn't appear to have is a lot of overhead room and quantum boards usually require more space between light and canopy.

The good news is LST and/or super-cropping can make that problem go away rather quickly. However it needs to be done starting pretty much now in my opinion. The longer you wait to start training, the harder/more overwhelming it can be.

Definately agree with this advice here, your stems are getting pretty thick up where you would super crop...once you get past your first super crop it's a breeze...it just sounds a bit daunting bending like that but it works!

Hoping they don't get too high doesn't work 👍

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Good day to you all.☀️

Question: Will Topping increase yield?

Happy growing.☘️
Not without a plan in place.

If you top, then you need to allow the 2 new shoots to grow a bit before flipping to 12/12. You can prune all lateral branching if you like. Each will produce 2 shoots where the one was. Where people cause themselves trouble with topping/pruning is when they top and flip without allowing time for new vegetative growth. Allowed the time to grow, yes you can significantly increase your yield with some strains.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Not without a plan in place.

If you top, then you need to allow the 2 new shoots to grow a bit before flipping to 12/12. You can prune all lateral branching if you like. Each will produce 2 shoots where the one was. Where people cause themselves trouble with topping/pruning is when they top and flip without allowing time for new vegetative growth. Allowed the time to grow, yes you can significantly increase your yield with some strains.
In general, what strains are better for doing this?

Top Bottom