Most Of Them Will Be Too Tall?

Alb

Alb

Flower 5 Weeks, grow under 2xP2000.All the plants are crazy growing! Most of the plants in hydro were around 90-95cm tall around a week ago.They grow so fast. Do you think after the flowering stretch, most of them will be too tall?
View attachment 1298142
View attachment 1298143
I think if they get crowded they will etiolate
  1. Auxins are plant hormones that are important for plant body development and play a critical role in the coordination of various behavioral and growth processes in plant life cycles.
  2. These hormones aid in the process of stem elongation.
  3. Plants that are exposed to a lot of light have cells that don't extend as much, resulting in a weaker stem.
  4. Thus, Auxins are destroyed by light.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I think if they get crowded they will etiolate
  1. Auxins are plant hormones that are important for plant body development and play a critical role in the coordination of various behavioral and growth processes in plant life cycles.
  2. These hormones aid in the process of stem elongation.
  3. Plants that are exposed to a lot of light have cells that don't extend as much, resulting in a weaker stem.
  4. Thus, Auxins are destroyed by light.
Thanks for the helpful information.

were considering bending and tucking accordingly. Hopefully, it will help

Reactions: Alb
Alb

Alb

Thanks for the helpful information.

were considering bending and tucking accordingly. Hopefully, it will help
If you can find some pictures I posted of a mutant etiolation due to severe overcrowding a pure indica usually less than 3 1/2 from the top of pot to . tip of plant was almost 7 feet because of overcrowding due to someone not picking up plants I started for him. I called the mutant etiolated Indica Donkey dick loL. go look through my posts.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Plants look great! 5 weeks into flower I’d expect to see some preflowers at least though, is your timer set correctly or was that an older photo?

Madmax

Madmax

Good day to you all.☀️

Question: Will Topping increase yield?

Happy growing.☘️
topped day 1 of flower.this is start of day 19.i top in flower to slow the stretch cause,well I had problems with the main cola getting too big,dense etc ,creating mold issues and not enough head space to light…was a no brainer for me.these were flipped end of week 5.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
topped day 1 of flower.this is start of day 19.i top in flower to slow the stretch cause,well I had problems with the main cola getting too big,dense etc ,creating mold issues and not enough head space to light…was a no brainer for me.these were flipped end of week 5.
View attachment 1335783
Thanks for sharing. They look great in the video. Neat grow space. Are those green strips meant to replace scrog?

BTW, still not interested unless ViparSpectra has lights > 600w?Lol~

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks for sharing. They look great in the video. Neat grow space. Are those green strips meant to replace scrog?

BTW, still not interested unless ViparSpectra has lights > 600w?Lol~
Yeah sorry haven’t replied Valerie.I’ll b very Interested if you do build a 600.

no not meant to replace scrog .just to support the branches when the buds get big and heavy.keeps everything much more tidier.😀

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Yeah sorry haven’t replied Valerie.I’ll b very Interested if you do build a 600.

no not meant to replace scrog .just to support the branches when the buds get big and heavy.keeps everything much more tidier.😀
Gotcha 😆, we will try our best to develop more lamps to choose from~

N

natedowg2000

If this is 5 weeks into flower, the stretch is about done. I think you're safe.
Question, veg is 6 weeks going on 7 for mine, extended due to difficulties in the beginning and major nutrition deficiency/root rot. 2 of my 4 took off and are 18" from light and 28" tall, other 2 are 28" from light and 18" tall, lights are currently at the max hight I can get them. If I switch to flower will the 2 grow too tall and likely burn?

Top Bottom