Most People Think They Grow Organic Indoors

• Thread starter Jbud7420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jbud7420

Jbud7420

Well the truth of the matter is just buying all organic nutes for indoor use is really not organic growing. It takes so much time for soil to break down nutes that you never achive true organics indoor. So when people say yeah it's organic and grown indoors in 100+ day i call b.s.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Well the truth of the matter is just buying all organic nutes for indoor use is really not organic growing. It takes so much time for soil to break down nutes that you never achive true organics indoor. So when people say yeah it's organic and grown indoors in 100+ day i call b.s.

Your wrong. Many growers do 100% organic indoors.
Not sure it can be done with bottles. Unless they are truly organic? But I know there are organic top dressing nutrients that can be used.
And the quality of indo/endo bacteria available to growers significantly reduces breakdown time for nutrients.

I've done it by mixing my own organic soil and it did not take forever. My soil grew wonderful buds, with nothing but water, bacteria/beneficials and hibrix molasses.
Oh. And I did it in 98 days.

So don't discount everyone when they say organic indoor.

Peace

Jbud7420

Jbud7420

Try
Your wrong. Many growers do 100% organic indoors.
Not sure it can be done with bottles. Unless they are truly organic? But I know there are organic top dressing nutrients that can be used.
And the quality of indo/endo bacteria available to growers significantly reduces breakdown time for nutrients.

I've done it by mixing my own organic soil and it did not take forever. My soil grew wonderful buds, with nothing but water, bacteria/beneficials and hibrix molasses.
Oh. And I did it in 98 days.

So don't discount everyone when they say organic indoor.

Peace
a true organic grow consisit of alot more beneficial organisms. Indoor theres not time for what you need to break down for a true orgaic run. Speaking for my knowledge not anyone else. Peace. Do ur own thing and learn from other & figure out what works in your situation.

Blaze

Blaze

I would tend to agree with JBud, organic indoor is an oxymoron. There is nothing environmentally friendly or organic about running thousands of watts of power to grow something. Even if you are on solar, the total amount of resources needed to construct and indoor grow compared to a greenhouse or outdoor garden makes for a much larger environmental impact.

As more and more states go legal I think indoor production will become a thing of the past, except in areas where it remains illegal. Indoor is a far to inefficient and wasteful system of growing anything to be viable in the long term. Cannabis is the only crop you will ever see grown in this manner, and that is only viable due to it's overly inflated value because of it's legal status.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

You sound misinformed, my friend. Plenty of 100% organic options for growing. My indoor soil is a couple years old.

If you would have said its not organic because you have to use electricity to make the light, that would be a better argument.

Welcome to the farm, do some reading, maybe next time you call BS you may know what you are talki g about.

Jbud7420

Jbud7420

You sound misinformed, my friend. Plenty of 100% organic options for growing. My indoor soil is a couple years old.

If you would have said its not organic because you have to use electricity to make the light, that would be a better argument.

Welcome to the farm, do some reading, maybe next time you call BS you may know what you are talki g about.
I know what im talking about for sure.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I would tend to agree with JBud, organic indoor is an oxymoron. There is nothing environmentally friendly or organic about running thousands of watts of power to grow something. Even if you are on solar, the total amount of resources needed to construct and indoor grow compared to a greenhouse or outdoor garden makes for a much larger environmental impact.

As more and more states go legal I think indoor production will become a thing of the past, except in areas where it remains illegal. Indoor is a far to inefficient and wasteful system of growing anything to be viable in the long term. Cannabis is the only crop you will ever see grown in this manner, and that is only viable due to it's overly inflated value because of it's legal status.
Eviromentally friendly and organic are two different things, though.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Try

a true organic grow consisit of alot more beneficial organisms. Indoor theres not time for what you need to break down for a true orgaic run. Speaking for my knowledge not anyone else. Peace. Do ur own thing and learn from other & figure out what works in your situation.
Thanks for having such a strong opinion. It's the sign of a leader. But...
Your knowledge is incorrect. You can grow organic indoors. You can visit many grow journals on this site that do it, or have done it, including my own. You should open your mind and see it from an experienced view. There are even threads here on indoor organic growing.
Best of luck.
Peace

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I know what im talking about for sure.

You'll never learn with this attitude.
Screenshot 2015 08 27 12 23 37 1

I guess you started this thread just to argue. Lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Way to light a fire here buddy!

Lots of guys here do organic indoor. It's not officially organic because they aren't outdoor in the dirt, but using all organic compounds, mixing their own soils and mimicking nature as close as possible, less the light and ventilation sources. To me, that's organic. A lot of these guys, as ShroomKing said, feed only water, no supplemental nutrient solutions and perhaps throw in some teas and decent foliars here and there. From what I know of being "organic", that's about as close as it gets.

If you really want to get down to the specific details, all of us grow organic. Organic is classified as an organism that contains carbon. Well, cannabis has carbon, we have carbon, the tumbleweeds by my front steps have carbon .So according to that definition, because my medium, coco coir, is an organic medium containing carbon, despite the fact I'm a salt-based grower, is still organic. Thereby, your argument, or lack thereof, is BS.

My point being, might want to pull back on the reigns there man. By coming with that abrasive attitude you're stepping on toes here that will send you off to bother other people if you keep it up. Either come with a legitimate argument aside from your opinion that soil doesn't have time to break down the nutrients how you see fit or don't bring your attitude around. Simple as that.

A cup that is already full cannot be filled any more. Empty a portion of that cup and new liquid can be put back in. Open some volume in your cup and you might learn a thing or two.

One Love,
tobh

Jbud7420

Jbud7420

Your knowledge is incorrect. You can grow organic indoors. You can visit many grow journals on this site that do it, or have done it, including my own. You should open your mind and see it from an experienced view. There are even threads here on indoor organic growing.
Best of luck.
Peace
Best of luck.
Peace
Hey bro, well i guess if you keep your soil as i do and recirculate it a frew years & add amendments then after time it could be considered organic, minding what uae used. So yeah thats a great point. But it takes along time to get it organis
You'll never learn with this attitude.View attachment 532214

I guess you started this thread just to argue. Lol.
no arguements here. Peace
Way to light a fire here buddy!

Lots of guys here do organic indoor. It's not officially organic because they aren't outdoor in the dirt, but using all organic compounds, mixing their own soils and mimicking nature as close as possible, less the light and ventilation sources. To me, that's organic. A lot of these guys, as ShroomKing said, feed only water, no supplemental nutrient solutions and perhaps throw in some teas and decent foliars here and there. From what I know of being "organic", that's about as close as it gets.

If you really want to get down to the specific details, all of us grow organic. Organic is classified as an organism that contains carbon. Well, cannabis has carbon, we have carbon, the tumbleweeds by my front steps have carbon .So according to that definition, because my medium, coco coir, is an organic medium containing carbon, despite the fact I'm a salt-based grower, is still organic. Thereby, your argument, or lack thereof, is BS.

My point being, might want to pull back on the reigns there man. By coming with that abrasive attitude you're stepping on toes here that will send you off to bother other people if you keep it up. Either come with a legitimate argument aside from your opinion that soil doesn't have time to break down the nutrients how you see fit or don't bring your attitude around. Simple as that.

A cup that is already full cannot be filled any more. Empty a portion of that cup and new liquid can be put back in. Open some volume in your cup and you might learn a thing or two.

One Love,
tobh
Learnings one thingl learning by trial & error another. People believe what they want about growing technics but that don't make it right. Truth is trurth & if u don't believe that then try another way &find the truth yourself. Happy growing & great vibes. Figure out o.your own methode.

A

artcore

If the idea is to be radical then no one grows organically, only nature can grow organically, only plants growing in the wild are 100% organic because they were never touched by human hands or by any human influence

MGRox

MGRox

I'm not an organic guy, but as to taking a long time for your organisms;

You can setup a brand new fish tank with water, gravel, filter, flow, and food; pull bacteria out of thin air and have it "cycled" in about 2 months.
You can setup a new fish tank with some gravel or a filter from an old tank and have it cycled in about 3 weeks to 1 month.
You can setup a new fish tank with gravel and filter from an old tank, along with bacterial cultures; and have it cycled 48-72 hrs.

I would imagine it possible a similar relation could be made with soil.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're also never actually building up the soil. You're not addressing erosion, or watersheds, or habitat, or pollinators or buffers or any of that. At all.

But, that doesn't mean that organic methods and products cannot be used. :) And you're right, the organic bottled nutrients that come in pint and quart sizes definitely ain't for the OD grow style.

Latest posts

Top Bottom