Mother Plant Mania!

• Thread starter MrRightBrain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

i have noticed a trend, people owning 20+ mother plants. So i got to thinking.
how do you deal with your mothers, and keeping them fed etc?

lets see some pictures of how your moms roll.

do you hand wanter? or have some sweet ass Dr Emit brown auto watering system?

here is your chance to brag about the mom's in your stable.

i am helping a guy i know build a pretty nice little room, and a mother plant area is in the planning stages now.

H

happy b

Hey rightbrain great idea for a thread.i saw a guy from the dampkring on utube graft like5 different strains onto one plant and labelled each branch at the point were it bacame a different strain.so basically this dude had six different strains on one mother plant!it was fucking ingenious.he had also done one and flowered it out and he said all the buds from the different varieties smoked and tasted the way they were supposed to.its a great idea for keeping many mothers in a small space.iv never actually tried it though.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Mother plants are essential to keeping good genetics in tac. Maintaining them is another story. Interesting wondered if u could graft mj sounds like its possible great info. For breeding not sure But for personal fun Thanks M

Billyboat

Billyboat

I keep em 15 moms in 5 gallon smart pots of recycled dirt..Vegged under CMH 315s..Feed em my veg room nutes every other watering, and they get weekly Teas. I make new moms every 3-4 months. I take clones every two weeks.

I also love cloning the day of 12/12 flip, as I like to lolipop my plants and those bottom branches make super healthy clones.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I'd keep my moms under a varied spectrum of floro tubes that were on 20-4. Call me crazy, but I actually had a few plants flower under 18-6 in the past. I'd have clones vegging away and after a while I'd pop the "old mom" into flower and replace it with one of the clones that had been vegging for a couple months.

I used a mild tea (primarily earthworm casting) for watering my moms. I'd also give them an occasional drink of a veg tea (ewc, high N guano, etc) depending on their size and current condition.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I try to keep a handle on my moms but she normally does her own thing lol

Really tho, I find it hard to take care of a bunch of mom's, the best way Ive took care of them is to cut the root balls back every month or so and replacing with fresh soil. I think I'll try a smart pot but the root ball normally turns into a rock lol.

-lurkin

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

I keep my moms in ready grow aeration which is coco/perlite. Feed base, calmag and liquid karma every other day 12-1500 ppm. Under 1000w traditional hps. I've also used light movers to cover a 4x8 with moms and they still grow well. Moms that are being heavily cloned every other week I usually switch out every 5 months. Now I've cut it down to about 14 strains but I handwater because some plants are thirstier or hungrier than others.

DrFever

DrFever

i have noticed a trend, people owning 20+ mother plants. So i got to thinking.
how do you deal with your mothers, and keeping them fed etc?

lets see some pictures of how your moms roll.

do you hand wanter? or have some sweet ass Dr Emit brown auto watering system?

here is your chance to brag about the mom's in your stable.

i am helping a guy i know build a pretty nice little room, and a mother plant area is in the planning stages now.
instead of keeping mothers of different varieties which takes up space grafting and marking plants so instead of 10 mothers you have 10 strains but in 5 plants keep it trimmed and marked and your laughing
but for me i always just cloned as per needs like had 20 plants in flower would clone 20 plants for next run and keep no mothers etc so more or less mothers kept in clone form easy to maintain and not much room needed

Latest posts

Top Bottom