Motherlode's first UC run with White Fire #3 - come on in, the waters fine!

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats Up Buddy

I didn't know you were into prospecting, just joined the gpaa last year. Tom massie and his wife put on a deal at the In. fairgrounds and me and the wife went, my wife talked to his for ever then we joined. There are several streams around me with gold. Its great to be in the outdoors enjoying yourself high ass

your friend
mal

F

FatFreddysKat

"Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays and best whishes for everybody to have a green and prosperous New Year!"
And too you as well Motherlode!!!

H

HannaMan

my concern is the bloom nutes could actually make the stretch more leggy - I might just not do a change out and start topping off with bloom, still on the fence about that - seems like I spend a lot of time on fences - thx for stopping in and your input is most welcome - peace

Hey. I dont think that is a bad idea at all. That is actually what I planned on doing, since my strain i'll be working with is a NITROGEN/CAL MAG whore.

Im going to top off my food reservoir with bloom nutes the day of flip, and they'll gradually get the switch.. Shouldn't take more then 2-3 days for my entire top off RES to drain into the UC. Once my top off res is empty, i'll know my UC has been refilled with fresh bloom nutes, and the plants have sucked up all the current veg nutes.

Who is gonna be the guinea pig and see if this works? My only concern would be mixing grow a+b and bloom a+b..

Anyone have any thoughts??

S

Squeeze

Hannaman, For what it's worth... This sounds kind of like the Lucas formula. I just switched over this week but I'm using GH & CalMag+. My girls are sucking it up! Everyone looks really happy. I hope this is helpful.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Super sick shots and skillz motherlode! Thx for laying the foundation for me to follow... Ahh I feel the pressure building... :cool

P.S. Hannaman, DM's website says not to mix their grow and bloom nutes... Not sure if anyone has done so to find out why... :thinking

H

HannaMan

P.S. Hannaman, DM's website says not to mix their grow and bloom nutes... Not sure if anyone has done so to find out why... :thinking

Hey Shady, Squeeze

I feel as if with the GH 3 part, removing something wouldn't be as much of a concern because you're simply changing ratios to get your desired requirements.. Changing 3 part to a 2 part.

Where as, with DM, you would be changing a 2 part into a 4 part.

Shady, I emailed DM and they declined to comment on adding the two together in the fashion I suggested.

I've seen DMsteppa run multiple strains in the UC, including chems and OG's which seem to love there nitrogen as well... Maybe DM just has it that dialed??

All I know is my strain, in dirt, or rockwool, starves for nitrogen by week 5 if you dont apply it through stretch... So im not sure what to do.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
weekly update - last veg update

I didn't know you were into prospecting, just joined the gpaa last year. Tom massie and his wife put on a deal at the In. fairgrounds and me and the wife went, my wife talked to his for ever then we joined. There are several streams around me with gold. Its great to be in the outdoors enjoying yourself high ass

your friend
mal

well I havent gotten the fever yet, I really like the history aspect of it and finding old artifacts etc - I have a small collection of old mining stuff, rustifacts and pieces of an arastra including the drag stone

my property had a blacksmith shop on it and there is still a miners cabin standing as well

my disabilty and bad back prevent me from doing any real prospecting - I guess if I ever find a big nugget Ill prolly catch the fever though - lol

"Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays and best whishes for everybody to have a green and prosperous New Year!"
And too you as well Motherlode!!!

Thx FreddysKat!

Hey. I dont think that is a bad idea at all. That is actually what I planned on doing, since my strain i'll be working with is a NITROGEN/CAL MAG whore.

Im going to top off my food reservoir with bloom nutes the day of flip, and they'll gradually get the switch.. Shouldn't take more then 2-3 days for my entire top off RES to drain into the UC. Once my top off res is empty, i'll know my UC has been refilled with fresh bloom nutes, and the plants have sucked up all the current veg nutes.

Who is gonna be the guinea pig and see if this works? My only concern would be mixing grow a+b and bloom a+b..

Anyone have any thoughts??

well I "thought" I was gonna do that as well until I saw shadys comment below...

Can't wait for the flowers.

me either - good news is this is the last veg update for these gals

Hannaman, For what it's worth... This sounds kind of like the Lucas formula. I just switched over this week but I'm using GH & CalMag+. My girls are sucking it up! Everyone looks really happy. I hope this is helpful.

hmmm I must have missed something here :)

Man slept on this one. Dude looking killer.

better late then never bro - the show hasnt even really started yet - veg is kinda like the opening band that nobody shows up for - lol

thx for droppin in

Super sick shots and skillz motherlode! Thx for laying the foundation for me to follow... Ahh I feel the pressure building... :cool

heh thx bro - no pressure man Im sure your gonna kill it

I guess Ill just run pure veg nutes for the first week and then some extra cal mag for the next week or 2 since it conveniently has nitrogen in it

Hey Shady, Squeeze

I feel as if with the GH 3 part, removing something wouldn't be as much of a concern because you're simply changing ratios to get your desired requirements.. Changing 3 part to a 2 part.

Where as, with DM, you would be changing a 2 part into a 4 part.

Shady, I emailed DM and they declined to comment on adding the two together in the fashion I suggested.

I've seen DMsteppa run multiple strains in the UC, including chems and OG's which seem to love there nitrogen as well... Maybe DM just has it that dialed??

All I know is my strain, in dirt, or rockwool, starves for nitrogen by week 5 if you dont apply it through stretch... So im not sure what to do.

yeah I so miss my GH 3 part - its the easiest thing to dial in

Nice work Motherlode ! Can't wait to see them babies bloom.

thank you sir - good to have you here!

the good news is this is my last veg update - and I got it up here early this time! Merry Christmas!

Tuesday starts day 1 of flower, so they should really start to blow up here in the next 10 days

12 28 1
12 28 2
12 28 3
12 28 4
12 28 5
12 28 6
12 28 7
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Nice! Looking good! I need to join the UC bandwagon, you guys are killing it. My RDWC is doing awesome, but the roots in 5 gal buckets are filled to the brim, I need more space for 'em!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent update buddy! The girls look great and ready for the flip... Any thoughts on the lower screen? I just finished setting up my system and will fill it with water tomorrow (been busy harvesting my current round) and I'm trying to figure out the best use of one or two screens since the growth rate on the UC is incredible and my buckets are spaced much closer than yours... :thinking

H

HannaMan

well I "thought" I was gonna do that as well until I saw shadys comment below...

Hey Motherlode. I got to thinking about that, because I still want to use this method of mixing.

What I think DM meant by not mixing the two was a simple pre-cautionary.

I figure when introducing bloom nutes into ANY medium, you're going to be getting a mix of BLOOM and GROW nutrients, until the GROW leaches out of the medium... This would be the case in soil, rockwool, coco, etc.. so why can't it be done in RDWC?

Introduce bloom nutes into the top off res for flip, once the the top off res empties into the UC, you'll know they have already drank all there GROW nutes, and the BLOOM nutes that were previously filled in the TOP-OFF will now have filled your UC system...

They will gradually eat threre veg nutes as they transition into bloom.

That is how I believe I would like to do it, and probably will as well. I want to go an entire run without a water change.

keep up the excellent work!! I cant wait until you flip those bitches its gonna be nugs galore!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
looks perty good man
the gh3 part and the schedule i shared with you>>would work even more better in that UC system:) Is there any reason why you switched?

just my 2 cents:passingjoint:

gtd

St3ve

St3ve

I don't think they could look any healthier, nice work.

ps, I hoped you flipped them when you took that picture. :) Those ladies got alotta junk in their trunk.

U

up yours

Nice work they look greta sir looking forward to your blooming updates peace

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4017/4510947604_f1010a3a2e_z.jpg

F

FatFreddysKat

So now the fun is really going to start.....Im strapped in lets roll.....still so sweet and clean there Motherlode........and sounds like you have a great piece of history your living on.....my whole area/backyard is a wonderland of gold history and fun, so much to explore and prospect so little time, they say only 20% of the gold was ever discovered back in the 1st gold rush days.....I'll be building a prospecting rig this spring and summer to find that other 80%!!!LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom