• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

You know whats up nugnation!

A 1000 watt setup = roughly 145,000 lumens
A 600 watt setup = roughly 85,000 lumens-100,000 lumens

Now if you look above and was asked a simple question which light produces more light. If you said the 600 then there must be something wrong with you because you can clearly see that a 1000 watt light has more lumens than a 600 watt light.

Sure two 600 watters are better than a 1000 watter! Of course! Know you have almost 200,000 lumens. You know what now you need 2 ballast, 2 bulbs, 2 hoods wow looks like 2 of everything. So i think all in all a 1000 watt produces bigger buds hands down. Were not talking about efficiency here were talking about yield and overall lumens.

When it comes to efficincy i believe a optimal grow room would consist of 600 watt and 1000 watt light systems.

C

ClearWater

Way to Grow rocks. Used the Boulder store for 2 years and they cut me some good deals. I went into the Denver store a few months ago and dropped some cash there and have used them as my hydro store around the area since. Got a badass discount as well. Personally I use all 600w's at the moment to get the thread back on topic:animbong:

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

i never regretted one day of 1k life i liked it so much that i bought a 1k hortilux blue for my veg girls, talk about turning up the yield volume.

2b2s

N

NugNation

All I know is when I move into a house and upgrade my system I'll be counting the watts in multiples of 1,000 :rasta2:

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

hey nugnation.

Exactly, once u go 1k u never go back lol

2b2s

F

farmerjohn

My partner & I are sitting on 24 horizontally mounted, 4 x 4 footprint, 1000W super novas, which are completely encased in large cabinets for inline cooling. I have 2 more set up in my veg area. Anyway, you can guess the ultimate destination of those 2 dozen flame throwers! Totally installed, they would properly illuminate a massive area!

J

johard59

I have seen a plant with a slight yellow burn mark from multiple 1000 watt lights too close to the cannabis, just be careful and distribute light evenly.

A

Apollo 026

I've run close to identical setups with identical recipes 3x over.
Here is what I notice; I can push girls closer to light with 600 and get nice solid, long, girthy colas.
With the 1k I cannot put the girls as close as I do with the 600, obviously it burns the colas:(
I also notice that with the 1k i can pull more weight. Of course it makes more sense because there are more lumens and better penetration. HOWEVER, I notice that running the 600 the quality is much better all around. This is due to overall effectiveness of the lumens (girls closer to source).
IMHO if you are looking for volume/weight then 1k, if you want quality then 600.
You can always run both 400 and 600:)

-T
So...would running 2 600s be better than 1000?

Top Bottom