Moving flowering plants outdoors in fall

• Thread starter GarrPhunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrb53

Mrb53

@Mrb53
So I moved a runt outside on Monday and left it in the shade. Today I moved it into the sun for a few hours. It def shocked it going out in the heat even though in gave it (amd the others I intend to move) a week with elevated temps in the room. Curious what you do to temper yours.
We are almost down to 13 hours daylight here and she does have new pistil growth so 🤞that she keeps flowering.
I have 3 more to move out!!!
View attachment 1162226
That is exactly what I do. I put them out at sunset, in a part of the yard that gets / is shaded. I leave them there for 2/3 days as they acclimate to the heat / outdoors, They definitely stress and I live in the SW Desert where we still have heat in excess of 106°F.... Then I introduce MORNING sun first...by 11 am, back to the shade. 2 days like this, then am and pm sun till maybe 2pm and 2 days later FULL OUT in the yard. Watering - I DO NOT DO HEAVY WATERING BUT I DO SMALL WATERING EACH DAY (MORNING). By about week 2 they are off an running. I add some organic kelp and silica in a top dressing and some small amount of molasses t help sooth the roots

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

These have been flowering 2 full weeks, the one that’s out just 1 full week. The ones still in the room are rolling although you can def see where I let build up stomp 2 of them.
by comparison it’s easy to see how important checking ppm is !!!!
The one in the middle wasn’t far off
The two on either side were outrageous !!!
To all the fellow newbs -
PPM MATTER !!!!!! Or EC
W/E you choose - keep the numbers as close as you can !
DB8795C1 7043 47AC 8A80 D0216806693C

Mrb53

Mrb53

note! Black pots stress more than the tan do. They absorb heat where the tan reflects it.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

note! Black pots stress more than the tan do. They absorb heat where the tan reflects it.
FYI…I used foil coated plastic insulation to surround my black pot that virtually eliminated heat buildup on and in my pot. I’m sure my girl’s roots are thanking me.

836382E7 5073 4D87 B5B7 AB9989A56E48
Top Bottom