Moving forwad in Oregon on Dispensaries

• Thread starter Jboys3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jboys3

Jboys3

Oregon officials on Monday moved forward with a series of proposed security requirements for the medical marijuana retail industry.

The requirements, crafted by state policy makers, police and marijuana advocates, are designed to provide oversight of an industry that’s long operated without interference by the state.

-- People who want to open a medical marijuana establishment must undergo an annual criminal background check.
-- The annual fee to maintain the business registration is $4,000.
-- Marijuana consumption isn't allowed anywhere on the premises.

oregonized

oregonized

Damn, kind of a rip-off when any other type of business can get a DBA for $50 in the state.
Thanks to Josh Marquis and the dush from Lincoln County, trying to sew this up for their buddies in law enforcement.

Jboys3

Jboys3

Damn, kind of a rip-off when any other type of business can get a DBA for $50 in the state.
Thanks to Josh Marquis and the dush from Lincoln County, trying to sew this up for their buddies in law enforcement.
Even with the rules/regs possibly passing, it appears it is still up to the local municipalities to decide if they even want a dispensary; then a test court case will come into play if a town says no. Either way; it is still too sketch as the IRS and Feds make it pretty much impossible to operate legally in their eyes.

Jboys3

Jboys3

Another update...
Rep. Prozanski said after the hearing that he purposely introduced a bare-bones draft bill to stimulate discussion among legislators about what else should be included in a referral to voters. He apparently wants the legislature to draft rules and regs so the voters won't establish a sweeping 'make it legal' approach like Washington.

I am also opposed to the 'New Approach' group of lobbyists and I hope Prozanski is too. They appear to be representing national interests more than the local growing community which is what I think most of us on this forum agree with.

oregonized

oregonized

My opinion has always been Fuck New Approach. How is that the ACLU can fight on one side of the cannabis fight and yet totally obliterate the same side, just on the opposite side of the country? Follow the money.

Its not a new approach, they don't advocate changing any laws whatsoever, only allowing a tiny exception that we basically already have in Oregon [decrim], just by dropping the monetary amount.
However, as evidenced by 502, it is nothing more than a politicized power grab. Hell, they even had Sarich ensnared before he AGAIN saw the light.
Cripes.

Jboys3

Jboys3

I really don't know that much about New Approach or the ACLU's take and why they are involved in Oregon. Ignorance is not always bliss. Can you shed some light on these two organizations and why they are even involved in our state's issue.

oregonized

oregonized

New Approach is the organization that Alison Holcomb was part of in Washington, who was brought in by a suggestion of the ACLU.

Now that they have succeeded in transferring power to the Liquor Board who were about to be disbanded, they have started to systematically eliminate, voted on provision,s that have been LAW for over 15 years for medical patients. No home-growing, no organic, etc.etc etc. etc. All from a law that changed nothing recreationally. In fact if anything 502 made MORE penalities, when passed. It is a narrow exemption of the law and nothing else, it is not written to stand alone. It is meant to be defeated.

S. Sarich. He has more than elaborated on this topic all over the web.

C

CobbCreekBob

law sux, the legalizaton law won't pass. Jackson county city board has voted not to let dispensarys in the city limits, along with sheriff winters. there is also talk of the fine print of the dispensary law that states only one full card or 24 plants per 1000 feet, means all those multi grower multi plot 96 plant plots will be illegal. Oregon was the only state to mess with the law like this. WA has their heads up their asses, compared to CO, with the legalization, and Oregon should have left theirs alone. That damn THC guy getting caught, then moving from legalization to the hemp movement, that guy is an idiot and just wants to be a pot rock star. he is doing the movement no good other than collecting donations and membership fees. and how come it is Portland has a whole set of different rules than the rest of the state? Odd. By the way, the outdoor down south sucked this year due to peeps pulling early cause of the rain. I hear they can't even move I locally, so its going out of state, export that weak shit baby, lmfao.

oregonized

oregonized

Are cooperatives allowed in WA? currently? In Oregon they are, but very few are taking advantage. Side not of hilarity: a guy who just ripped me recently is starting a co-op after about being run out of town, calling themselves a dispensary.
I have advocated for co-ops, but it usually falls on deaf ears. Is it THAT bad of idea in WA? or OR for that matter?

C

CobbCreekBob

I was wrong, I went and read the complete draft, the 1000 ft deal is for the schools and such, but rumor has it gresham and grants pass is both doing what Medford is doin or trying to, the mayors and such, denying business permits for dispensary based on local, state, or FED laws, etc. then when they try to register a production spot out in the county, mr winters is there with his friends to wreak havoc. what a fucked up deal, you'd thought Washington, cal, or Oregon might have beateen co in the deal, but Denver is the new Amsterdam of old. I've heard of quite a few moving there, gettng out of Oregon. there is only so much mediocre outdoor meds you can process or ruin your lungs on, those clubs have the high prices, but most have the good top shelf. shame the outdoor boys are so into exporting they won't take care of their own countrymen.

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

what's this thing about only 24 plants on a property and nor ganics etc. How does this affect caregivers who will supply the dispensaries?

Jboys3

Jboys3

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

I'm really hoping this comes out well. I would like to think that if they give us the room, us growers can be an integral part in changing this whole thing for the better.I think the general voting public would like to see that this industry does not have to be run by cartels in gang members. I say this knowing that most of us aren't like that at all, but that doesn't help our public opinion does it... they call me a dreamer.....

C

CobbCreekBob

Seems like nobody had to worry bout gangs or cartels, lol. Talked to the local club owner yesterday and he had 17 patients on his bulletin board looking for growers, few offers for work. He also stated that this year was worse than last, but he never seen it like this year, where the growers disappeared at harvest, it wasn''t low quality, it was NO quality! Outdoor. Said they had patients go to the growsite and harvest was over and they was gone. Landowner rents the land out, all he has to do with it. Im starting to think the only way you can find a grower with integrity is just grow your own. Now if you can find a landlord in this state that will let you, so you don't have to hide it like its an non medical state. Good luck with that. Happy Holidays

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

that's why I'm doing what I can to get out there this season. I want to do things differently on my part I will not be like that. Makes me sad to think things are going like that. It's time for a change. Well past time.

C

CobbCreekBob

SALEM, Ore. (AP) - Officials at the Oregon Health Authority will have to decide soon whether medical marijuana cardholders should be allowed to use the drug at dispensaries that will become legal next year under a new state law.

An advisory committee discussed that topic and others at its final meeting Wednesday. The state expects to finalize dispensary regulations by next month that will take effect in March.

The debate follows the Legislature's decision this summer to allow medical marijuana users to purchase the drug from state-licensed stores, which will have to meet standards for the safety of their products and security of their premises.

The decision around on-site use divided the 13-member advisory panel. The committee can make recommendations, but final decisions will be left to the Oregon Health Authority, which was given authority to write marijuana regulations.

Some say use of the drug should be allowed at the stores because some patients have nowhere else to safely ingest it, or they derive value from interacting with other people struggling with debilitating conditions. Medical marijuana cardholders living in federally subsidized Section 8 housing, for example, are prohibited from using marijuana at home because the drug remains illegal under federal law.

"It's not necessarily just that people want a place to go and smoke a blunt and listen to a rap album," Jordan Kober, founder and editor of Oregon Grown Magazine, told the panel. "They want a place where they can feel human again."

Others, however, say a patient wouldn't take a narcotic inside a pharmacy, and medical marijuana dispensaries shouldn't be any different.

Tom Burns, who is overseeing the rules-drafting for the state, said he expects to resolve remaining questions and publish the final draft by mid-January. He said he wants to give potential dispensary owners as much time as possible to review the rules before they can apply for a license in March.

Top Bottom