moving plants outdoors in Michigan

• Thread starter twin10286
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
twin10286

twin10286

i started my plants from seed indoors and am planning to move them out doors. with the weather in my area being cooler than usual right now i am unsure of when to move them outside. i will not be using pots, they will be directly in the ground. i was thinking memorial day weekend or first couple weeks in june. any help is appriciated.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Try to pick a day that’s overcast not to hot n humid and transplant late in the afternoon after heat is off the day . Good luck mate keep us posted .

twin10286

twin10286

20200508 102341 HDR
20200508 102350 HDR

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cool clear see through pots tubs are not good for the roots they like it to be dark , I wish you luck in your outdoors grow .

Vagician

Vagician

Acclimate them first by placing them outside in a spot that gets morning sun then shade later in the day. This will get them used to the intensity of the sun and breeze. Bring them in every night. Plant them in the ground once there is a very slim chance of frost. Check your local weather history for the "average last frost" date. Planting after that will give you much better odds of not having frozen ladies. Best of luck!

Cultivator85

Cultivator85

im in michigan, i have been taking them out on the nice days between 12pm and 7pm to get some sun. the ladies love the natural sunlight. They will be perm placed outside around memorial day if weather is good. overcast/cloudy day is best if they have never seen the sun before.

R

redshift75

im in that same setup will be moving to ground very soon outdoors

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Northern Michigan here. Started a g13Haze & Bigtooth a while back. Got my light cycle adjusted down over a month span. Took a week of moving them outdoors for normal sunshine and bringing them back in at night to acclimate to the sun and 40's-50's-60's temps we've had. I've had mine out and in the ground since April 27th. Anytime it dips below 38, I go cover with a sheet to keep moisture and dew off them. I currently have a small space heater under the sheet with them right now as it's 29 and snowed a little today. But thats all done in 5 days and it's nithing but 60s and up from here on out.. just remember. MarryJane doesn't like immediate change. Things need to be subtle and they need time to adjust. Don't worry about the clear container. If they were going to be there for months and grown fully in. Then yeah, those would need to go. Those plants will be fine for another week or so. If anything rootbound would be my first concern.

20200501 131641
Received 925951551208612
20200428 134449
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It is VERY important that they get used to the sun. I keep them under trees and slowly move them out, although there aren't many leaves currently. After the current weather passes, I would have them in the ground. Be sure to have the ground well prepared for your new arrivals, but any time after the threat of a hreavy frost is past, you should be OK. This year seems to be an exception, but I would normally have them in the ground this coming week.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i started my plants from seed indoors and am planning to move them out doors. with the weather in my area being cooler than usual right now i am unsure of when to move them outside. i will not be using pots, they will be directly in the ground. i was thinking memorial day weekend or first couple weeks in june. any help is appriciated.
Memorial Day weekend in my area of Michigan (zone 5b). Last frost will likely be next week but the soil will still be pretty cold.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey all, it’s freakin snowiest up here this morning I’m in SE Ontario and it’s cold AF! I won’t be putting my gals out till the end of May that’s what I have my lights set to. The sunrise sunset table in my area says 15 hrs 20 ish min of daylight then so I set my timer to the table times. I once had some Sativa gals started and they were about 9 weeks old heathy AF and I put them outside around the 23 ish of May and they started to flower right away my lights were on a 16/8 I didn’t know how light sensitive these plants are Rookie error!

twin10286

twin10286

Hey all, it’s freakin snowiest up here this morning I’m in SE Ontario and it’s cold AF! I won’t be putting my gals out till the end of May that’s what I have my lights set to. The sunrise sunset table in my area says 15 hrs 20 ish min of daylight then so I set my timer to the table times. I once had some Sativa gals started and they were about 9 weeks old heathy AF and I put them outside around the 23 ish of May and they started to flower right away my lights were on a 16/8 I didn’t know how light sensitive these plants are Rookie error!

i have mine on a 18/6 cycle now. i hope i didnt screw them up?!?!? planning for memorial day to plant out side, should be about 16 hours of daylight.....

Rooke

Rooke

Idk if you were to able to change your lights on by 10 min less each day until you were to match the sunrise sunset table for your area they might be fine keep in mind it starts getting light out about 30 min before sunrise and dark about 30 min after sunset and I’m not really sure if this comes into play as well perhaps someone with more experience can chime in here please? @ Greatlakes? I just know it worked for me last year but my plants are typically about 5 weeks old when I put them outside but I try to wait for 2-3 cloudy or rainy days better yet to put them outside I’ve never hardened my plants and they’ve done quite well doing it that way. If I don’t see rainy days in the upcoming forecast at the end of May or the first week in June I may have to harden somewhat

ElHefe

ElHefe

They can handle the cold! Got half my girls in the ground this week in Michigan. Rest will be in this week. I did cover them last night and they were great this morning. I even had two autos I planted from seed outside and they are doing fine. I would definitely be bringing them outside daily. Just don’t bring them in and out of your indoor grow area, they could have some hitchhikers.

Rooke

Rooke

They can handle the cold! Got half my girls in the ground this week in Michigan. Rest will be in this week. I did cover them last night and they were great this morning. I even had two autos I planted from seed outside and they are doing fine. I would definitely be bringing them outside daily. Just don’t bring them in and out of your indoor grow area, they could have some hitchhikers.
Ya they are in my room and I’ve never had any bugs in there but I won’t be growing in there exception being something happens to my outdoor plants. I’m pretty much an outdoor grower these days I love it! Your strains are tuff!! Holy crap man! What are they?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

There will be a few more nights that you have to cover them. As I look at the weather forecast, frost potentially tonight, tomorrow night, Monday night, and Tuesday night in my area. After that, it looks like frost-free until fall. I'll be planting my outdoor plants when I plant my tomatoes and peppers over Memorial day weekend.

Top Bottom