moving to colorado in october

• Thread starter bob.fn.seger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bob.fn.seger

So i got a solar job in CO and will be moving at the end of sept, begining of oct and am looking for advice on some places to look for rental properties. i have to be within driving distance of Denver but would rather not live in the city. There are a few areas that i already know i cant live. Aurora, Commerce city, Denver, castle rock, fort lupton, and louisville all have laws in place that would allow them to come take my dog and kill him because he is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier sooooo gotta stay away from those. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i have no experience with the area.Thanks.

GhostFace

GhostFace

check CL housing but watch out for scammers..and if your dog is reg as a mixed breed such as a lab terrier mix as i have done for the last 7 years they cannot take your dog.

B

bob.fn.seger

He has never been registered anywhere but all of our vet records say Staffy. which isnt a pit but they would still call him one if they just saw him. most of those places look like suburbs anyway which doesnt really suit me. im really wanting to find a rural town with cheap rent for a little while till i can get to know the area before buying.

M

Mr Dank

Welcome!

you will love it!

btw, anywhere in Boulder county will be good for you

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Lots of nice places in the foothills. Conifer, Evergreen, Bailey are nice. Coal Creek Canyon and Golden Gate Canyon. Erie, Longmont, and firestone are nice. Just look around and youll find a nice place

Onespark

Onespark

There are a few areas that i already know i cant live. Aurora, Commerce city, Denver, castle rock, fort lupton, and louisville all have laws in place that would allow them to come take my dog and kill him because he is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier sooooo gotta stay away from those. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i have no experience with the area.Thanks.

I live in Denver and my neighbor has two of these dogs. No one has ever come to kill them. I heard there was a ban but I see pits/staffy's all the time around here. People walk them around my neighborhood daily. Wonder why that is? I guess its pretty hard to ban a dog. You might like Wheatridge, Englewood, Arvada or Golden area. Quick access to trails and mountains if you like that sort of thing. Also easy to get into Denver from the western 'burbs. As far as more rural I am with Cannarado! Move to Pine or Bailey. Good living in the hills.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

The hills are cool, but the plains are cheeper.
I've been thinking about Limon Co.

B

bob.fn.seger

Thanks everyone. just started my search today and i am liking your suggestions cannarado. more along the lines of my outdoor lifestyle. @onespark- thats good to hear too. everything else i have heard is "dont move there. they will take your dog and you'll never see him again." type stuff. thanks for the welcome as well. look forward to finally being able to grow without fear of prison sex.

B

bob.fn.seger

SE- believe it or not<--sarcasm- you're not the first person to call me that and i only got the job two days ago. I am very excited about the move. :boogie: this is the dance i've been doin lately.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Wow, really? I just saw an episode of Pit Boss where the guy came all the way to Denver for some protest against the breed legislation they have. There was even this tear-jerking vignette about a lady who had a bully family dog and he had to help her get that dog to a rescue outside the city, ripping the dog out of her family's hands forever. So it's not real?

Pine and Conifer would definitely be my personal picks. I live in Woodland Park (not really commutable to Denver, day after day), so have driven thru those areas quite few times. If we hadn't had to have access to the Springs area military bases, we would've been in that area ourselves. Looks like you're way out in the boonies, but just a short drive from Denver. Perfection!

xxoo
Mel

I live in Denver and my neighbor has two of these dogs. No one has ever come to kill them. I heard there was a ban but I see pits/staffy's all the time around here. People walk them around my neighborhood daily. Wonder why that is? I guess its pretty hard to ban a dog. You might like Wheatridge, Englewood, Arvada or Golden area. Quick access to trails and mountains if you like that sort of thing. Also easy to get into Denver from the western 'burbs. As far as more rural I am with Cannarado! Move to Pine or Bailey. Good living in the hills.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
The hills are cool, but the plains are cheeper.
I've been thinking about Limon Co.

You like tornadoes? Plus Limon is like two hours from Denver. LOL
If youre thinking the plains hit up johnstown, keenesburg, brighton, greeley(smells like crap), centennial, parker, lonetree, larkspur. All of those spots should give you some options

sky high

sky high

Good luck w/the relocation.

I don't live on the Front Range but after 30 years of trapsing to Denver there are definitely some hidden gems in the arvada/golden area. Small acreage kinda places...mature landscaping and older homes/etc.

s h

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
You might spend a lil exrta coin to live in parts of arvada or golden but it is worth it.

S

Steel Erection

If I didn't have kids I'd pack my bags and never look back. Good for you bro, good luck.-SE

B

bob.fn.seger

Wow! i really appreciate all the input i'm gettin.

@Melizzard- i saw that episode too, but figured it was played up hype for the show. Still the laws are there so i would be losing the constant over the shoulder feeling about growing but constantly be on guard about Roscoe. better to just stay away from areas i'm not wanted.

I also would not necessarily be commuting to denver every day. most of the work should be in denver and surrounding areas but on the weekends i need to be able to get home to the wife and kid and dog within an hour or two. although we will be starting a job for the city of Del Norte soon and thats no where close to denver from what i've seen on a map.

@sky high- small acreage stuff is what i will be looking to buy in the future but just moving out its gotta be a rental for the quickness.

Also, do alot of houses have basements in CO? In arkansas most houses dont, most in ohio do. so i was just wondering. A sq footage around 750 would do if it had a basement. i dont need much living area but i am a musician and a grower and i know everyone here knows how much grow stuff you can accumulate. and the musicians know what i mean too.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Most houses have full basements and most rentals are unfinished and ready to go

Tex

M

mendel

There have been rumblings in washington that fed.gov may end subsidies to alternative energy programs (solar,wind,ethanol). These programs are the ONLY thing making largescale alt energy generation businesses viable.

Be sure not to go into too much debt, you could be left standing there with your dick in your hand when the new 12 man politburo meets this fall. Lots of entitlement programs going on the block.

There aint shit in Del Norte.

B

bob.fn.seger

i hear you on that fed bullshit. but i cant go against what i feel is right waiting on those fuck nuts to get their heads out of their asses.the del norte thing was for the city. all municipal buildings, water towers and such.

C

cb303

i have two pits and had to move bro cause of em check in thornton , northglenn , goldens cool more expensive brighton they are legal , you looking for a house or apt and what kind of price range you got

Top Bottom