mpb grow in planning stage, some questions

• Thread starter Inuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inuit

Thanks for the support Fred.

Got one more exam to finish up and then I can dedicate some time to the cost analysis. Will post it up when I get it figured.

I

Inuit

Hey DHF, whats the deal with the Santa Fe. I've heard good things, like their 65/day is really higher than that or something?

Thanks

A

I

Inuit

Right on Fred, I will google it later tonight as well.

I'm not from that far north, just my namesake atf is :)

Be safe

A

O

OregonMeds

Sure you can do this with just 3 lights or 600's or even less if you wanted too, all I'm saying is the whole point of this system is to make the biggest trees possible and if you can't take advantage of all that it has to offer growth wise, maybe it's not the best system for you.

If you want to play with it 3x 600's will show you how it works, but it just won't be the same you can only yield proportional to the amount of light.

If you could get 5 pounds with 4k ideally then you may only hit 3lbs with 3x600, and there are easier ways to hit 3lbs with 3x600's or yield even more with the same light.

This system appears to be the best of it's kind to date, but there are still many other viable options that might fit your limitations better and be a lot more cost effective.

O

OregonMeds

Yes I've read some of your posts in other threads and seen you talk about being one of the original krusty bucket growers, so I know you know your thing and I'm not trying to argue with you. I guess it's my personal preference to either run a very easy system if I'm not willing or able to give it 100%.

But I think my thinking is a bit old school, I am still stuck in the back of my head thinking any time you push plants this hard it can't be this easy, even though I keep seeing and hearing it really is. I guess I have my doubts still but I will soon find out either way.

I've been online about as long as you and followed all the krusty bucket growers since the beginning, but never had the right set of circumstances come together to use such a large and noisy system as that was. I'm an old timer who's day has finally come. :)

M

mrdizzle

it really is that easy. ive spent about 5hrs in the room in 4wks

D

doubleds

how bout some pics bro !!
Looking forward to seeing your gear.

dds

I

Inuit

Hey all,

Oregon - I appreciate the advice. I guess I should elaborate that I have 12+yrs growing and 15+ smoking. Grown more strains that I remember their names. Had great harvests and terrible ones. Fought pm, budrot, thrips, mites, aphids, fusariam, root root, and surely a few other I can't remember right now. Grown soilless, dwc, eff/flow, coco, rw, ht etc. Currently I can pull 2 per 1k(w/6ers) with horizontal setups....about 5lb from a 6x6 on a good run. So, I am with ya on using what you've got to the max.

I have only vegged vert, but I can surely see the benefits. Currently my canopies are pretty damn full, and I feel the only way to to hit the next mark is to do trees :).

I can't justify the cost of just doing a copule plants. Not sure the yield would jump if I used sixers.

Like I said, I am waiting on MrD's and boots results (and my next couple harvests to come in :)) before I get crazy.

I think the biggest benefit besides the weight would be the reduced garden chores. I mean, if you only need 10 good clones, take 15 and be done. If you need 48, then its a whole other story. lots of ht to clean each run, but thats ok :)

Be safe

I

O

OregonMeds

Thanks guys, I think I've found a new home. I'm over 40, and have grown/been online most of my life except a few years I was married after overgrow went away.

You can see my last grow journals at rollitup under the same name, growing vertical in soil with 2k but they show how just how little effort I've put in lately. I got them over 7' and yeilded over 2 per light but it takes way way too long in soil so here I am.

I need more game I'm going pro.

As soon as the OCTA bill passes I have financial backing to either open a dispensary, or grow as big as possible and allowed by law of course. Just depends on which way the law favors. In the meantime it's study study learn learn learn... I may have been at this a long time but I have much to learn and know it.

O

OregonMeds

OM........I never signed up over there where you`ve been but I`ve frequented the site and lurked for couple yrs after HG420 went down cuz my `ol bro Heathie started some threads there , but have seen your stuff and my comments are limited to what you`ve already said.........

You should rise to the occasion cuz it sounds like you`ve got a major career move offered to you and opportunity`s like this don`t come around often in one lifespan........

Yep believe me I'm taking it seriously even though my past grows don't show it. I always said I didn't put any effort into them and it shows but now it's a career (for the short term anyway) and I'll put the time and effort in to do it right.

It's just a loan from the family though, and I will be paying dearly for this opportunity successful or not so don't be too jealous.

Top Bottom