MPB water level

• Thread starter chrometrichs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedicalINFO

Thats what I'm hoping for...Thanks for the assurance :)

I'm running a black domina this round because D's recommends, but I just got a hold of cali connects master kush... Ur running master kush right?.. What do you think so far

M

mrdizzle

i havent flipped them yet, but i know the smoke it the bomb so im happy to wait, im flipping them at 3ft

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

ChomeT were you worried about the net pot being too far in the nutes and getting stem rot?

This was definitely one of my concerns and the reason I raised my plants as high as possible in the net pot and then raised my net pot another inch or so with tubing around the base of the net pot. I unfortunately do have 2 runts that seem like they were over-watered, I'm giving them another week or so to turn it around but just in case I've got a few girls ready and willing to take their place.

ChromeT,

My bases, and 4" drain are about an inch lower than yours, and I have 8" less ceiling, So I shouldn't really be freaking out over 8 inches?
thanks

You should be fine, this first run will teach you a lot about this strain, how much it stretches and the ideal starting height to flower.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

a.do you think it was from being too submerged?
b.too much top feed?
c.the notorious lumen shock.

do the plants have a sick light green colour all over?

Def not lumen shocked, I still only have 2 lights up. I think its almost impossible to over top feed, if your just using hydroton and rockwool. I haven't seen any of the signs of over-watering I would normally see, like the twisted leaf deformity or leaf curl. They do however have that light green color, tho I wouldn't describe it as all over, more like half. These runts are still trying to develop a root zone. The other plants have a complex root zone, that's enabling strong lush growth. So to answer your question, I have no idea why these 2 runts are lagging behind, they all went in as equals.

D

doubleds

Planting your mpbs can be a problem if you dont make the right precautions, first thing after dropping the empty 10 inch net pot into your mpb, put some weight on it as if all the weight of a 4 ft fully flowered female was there then add your hydroton to the 1.5 inch above water mark. Now you know that there is no way your rockwool cube is going to be sitting in the nute solution unless your roots clog up a drain. Check your drains 1nce a week to make sure. Now, add your dripper right alongside the cube but only leave them there for 1 week until a root makes its way to the water. Put them at the outer edges of the basket after 1 week and keep your eye on them. Both of these suggestions will keep your rockwool from being overwatered, you cannot overwater hydroton.

dds

D

dusty

Seems like taking a 4x4 res with a lid, 16 5 gallon buckets, cutting the bottoms off the bucket so the bucket is now just a sleeve, taking the 5 gal bucket that has a bunch of holes for the Krusty buckets...(or 3 gal pot for MPBs) putting that in to the sleeve bucket with dripper and 1K MH over head for a couple weeks you'd be able to just pick the bucket up off the sleeve and drop it in to the Krusty bucket or MPB bucket grow and eliminate a lot of the wait and issue of "runts" after transplanting clones..

D

dusty

cool, i guess you're right since youre cutting holes ya gotta leave some meat. your veg idea is what i'm going to set up when i switch over to KBS...I figured it could eliminate runts because for example my set up will need 10 plants, if i set up 2 tanks and have 18 plants..I can take the 10 best plants in to my system and go with those for a little more insurance at having all good ones.

L

Lost

I too went thru a few lids before I came up with something I liked.

This is how I did mine, so as you can see, I can adjust the level of the bucket by pulling it up or down. Im only limited by how much of a lip I left on..

Why not just do this? I can veg in the 5 gallons and bam, right into the MPB, and I can set my bucket height. All problems solved :)

Weeds 001
Weeds 006
Weeds 004
Top Bottom