MPP Gets “Chase-d” Out Of Fundraising Contest

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

MPP Gets “Chase-d” Out Of Fundraising Contest
by Mike Meno

A few weeks ago, we asked our supporters to vote for MPP via Facebook in a holiday fundraising challenge sponsored by Chase Bank. Days before the first round of voting closed, it seemed like MPP had garnered enough votes to place in the top 100 and win $25,000, with the chance of winning $1 million.

But as you can read in this New York Times article, it appears that Chase intentionally excluded MPP and several other groups (including Students for Sensible Drug Policy) from its list of winners, presumably because they did not want to be associated with our cause.

Chase’s PR people have not admitted to any vote tinkering, even though the vote tallies were mysteriously removed several days before the contest deadline. But it is clear that Chase was being dishonest (at best) when it told voters on Facebook, “You Decide What Matters.”

Maybe someone should remind officials at Chase that ending marijuana prohibition is now—without a doubt—a mainstream issue. So why is Chase helping to censor a much-needed national debate?

T

Thallamus

This saddens me yet... I am not surprised.
The only time that Big Business will allow any group to participate is; if the biz is profiting somehow, if the masses are now the majority, or they are being sued up the wazooo. From a business outlook I wouldn't allow it either. Corp images are very important. Remember "perception is reality". Many consumers still do not agree with our medicine and yes, many consumers are sheep and believe what corp america tells them too. This is why this movement, especially at this time, is so important. We need to educate ourselves, be smart, be vocal, and change the perception of mmj.
-T

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

I've been meaning to close my Chase account, this is the last straw. First the takeover of my beloved WaMu account then deleting my cherished MMJ non-profits from a public charity vote.. CHASE:ninja

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I will be spreading the unlove all around.
Everyone I know will hear about this.

G

ganjherbsmoke

glad i went with US bank
i hate banks regardless we shouldnt be lookin to them for suport anyway i mean look how well theyre doing that already....

R

Rolln J

truly a dick move by a company I already could not stand...

B

Bill Bloome

Farmers,inform all your friends of this travesty and ask ,plead or coerce them to BOYCOTT Chase and all its subsidiaries.Remove your money,switch your mortages, and if possible,use a local bank that is not affiliated or owned by ANY large banking institution.

S

ShorelineTex

And just think...all the MMJ growers that are legally complying by paying federal income taxes helped bail these mfs not too long ago, just like everyone else...

I hope Quetzalcoatl eats these bastards first.

Quetzalcoatl_telleriano.jpg

B

bicycle racer

if thats true i will close my account i hate banks in general and do almost everything in cash or other.

K

Kalcu

Basically you can't raise a voice to change laws, when big businesses have such a louder voice...but not louder than the Government and they really do fear the Gov even when they could easily reason that people had a right to 'abuse' the situation.

They think we are a joke but the fact is prison is not a joke, it's not for a gag or for laugh.

Venom818

Venom818

And just think...all the MMJ growers that are legally complying by paying federal income taxes helped bail these mfs not too long ago, just like everyone else...

I hope Quetzalcoatl eats these bastards first.

Quetzalcoatl_telleriano.jpg

LOL nice bro i like that

A

AlienBoyD7

I also had a WaMu account and will now be closing. thanks for the heads up. was gonna do it anyway ...but this is the clincher!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
All them banks are evil! they are the cause of much grief to home owners,unemployed,and homeless! You can get by without using a bank but if you feel you must use one, try a local community bank or credit union.

R

Resinator

Dang, I've had that Chase account for 30 years and I memorized the number

R

Rimbaud

My Account Was Locked

Chase locked up close to 6 grand for a 2.97 past due amount on an overdraft account that was also at chase! The second I get my $$ back I am closing the account and raising more public hell. There is a class action suit for similar issues (they are trying to find a common link right now other then a wamu->chase account conversion). I am not going to join because I am not a fan of litigation in any form but if anyone is interested I will pm contact info for the law group handling the case.

I have since switched to a credit union for my day to day and man am I happy! Not sure if this is a common thing but a three branches I have visited are populated by friggin super models, I almost feel like I have to spruce up haha, and amazingly friendly! (can you say free cookies!:icon_cookie:) http://www.creditunion.coop/cu_locator/quickfind.php

Top Ten Signs You're Doing Business With The Wrong Bank

10. When you make a deposit, tellers high-five each other.

9. After you get a free toaster, bank president shows up at your house begging for toast.

8. Your monthly statements are handwritten, in crayon.

7. When you want to make a withdrawal, clerks suddenly don't speak English.

6. You notice Kato Kaelin is sleeping in the vault.

5. Your safety deposit box is a Dunkin' Donuts carton wrapped in tin foil.

4. All cash deposits go directly into teller's pants.

3. Lobby is waist-deep in Mexican pesos.

2. Toll-free customer service line is: 1-800-GET-HOSED.

1. Four words: It is a Bank!

R

Rabbi

How Funny,
I know the semi young master Chase(Grandson of the Founder) - he lives in the EB/SF and he use to get all his smoke from a local group, but now I see him in the clubs all the time. Hes a fulltime stoner. Maybe it stems from their very personal family problems and shame.

K

kushpheen

If this surprises anybody they obviously aren't a chase customer....

daRube

daRube

Chase has fast become one of "those" banks.. Bought up bad mortgages, whined to the US Gov't, received $billions in bailout funds but has kept the money instead of passing it down to the home owners as earmarked. Hired off shore collections agents to hound homeowners for their payments... Chase is the evil banker extreme... There is a move a foot to pull money from the Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America and US Bank and put it in smaller regional banks that didn't steal the bailout moneys...

C

CoCannabis303

Just goes to show you how corrupt big business gets... Support local banks!

Top Bottom