Mr dizzle's doubled's MPB style jockin log

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sway

crazy how long some of those colas are.. looks awesome man, i really think big kush will DESTROY it in that system!

B

Beasters X Haze

Killin it, dizzle... can't wait to see how this thing turns out.. cheers!

N

nughit

It is lookin like it will an awesome harvest. The buds have really filled out well. I can't wait to see what the final numbers are.

M

mrdizzle

crazy how long some of those colas are.. looks awesome man, i really think big kush will DESTROY it in that system!

i have 5 master kush that are veggin under a 1000w mh hung vertically, im going to try to flip them at 32". vegging under 1000w makes a huge difference, branches shoot out like crazy

mango420

mango420

Ya you should see alot of weight off those. If your buds are nice and dense you should yeild very well!! Dont know if you already said, what system did you use to veg before you vegged in the buckets?

M

mrdizzle

i hand watered them in 8 in coco pots, for like 3 weeks from cuts, then 9 days in the buckets

M

MedicalINFO

Hi Guys,

Mr. Dizzle I am in the process of building my room. I have a 4 ton ac on the way, and enough amps to run whatever.( After reading about DoubleDs most recent success I have to give this system a try) My room dimensions are 163 inches by 223 inches. I was thinking of running 11 Super Squatty Black Dominas with 10 1000 watt lights and 4 corner 600 lights.

*x0x*
0x0
x0x
0x0
x0x
0x0
x0x

x plant / 0 1000 watt / * 600 watt

Do I have enough space for this?

Is 11 plants going to be too much for the 100 gallon reservoir?

Are those utility tubs from the home depot holding up for you ?

I'm very excited to give this a try and would really appreciate any help you can give. I hope to have it fired up by the first week of Feb.

squarepusher

squarepusher

excellent thread, please keep updated on pics, harvest, dry weight, etc...

This seems to be the first user replicated of DD's system on a good scale.

I'm planning a modified DD system, will post pictures as it develops in a new thread.

B

bakershredhead

Hey Square how you gonna modify it? I wouldn't suggest it unless it's something small. I mixed my kfb grow and part of DDs and I'm kicking my self in the ass. I used a too small a pump and therefore not enough flow and now I have root problems. I changed it but once you get problems there hard to fix in this system.

M

mrdizzle

i think the air pump is key too, im using a 110liter per min for 5 buckets, the flowrate matters but i would say having a rolling boil in your bottom buckets is just as if not more important.

M

MedicalINFO

Yes, I Plan on documenting the entire show. I am a caregiver for myself and 3 other patients. I was hoping to build an exact clone of the "42" room but that thread disappeared. The 11 plant setup I posted seemed to make the most sense to me, but I am looking for some assurance here.

So far I am thinking of running the whole Aqua Flakes line straight off the card (as close as I can get ) on the aggressive strength.

again my room dimensions
13ft 7 inches by 18ft 7 inches

squarepusher

squarepusher

Hey Square how you gonna modify it? I wouldn't suggest it unless it's something small. I mixed my kfb grow and part of DDs and I'm kicking my self in the ass. I used a too small a pump and therefore not enough flow and now I have root problems. I changed it but once you get problems there hard to fix in this system.

well :) I plan on running some tests, mainly to make things more efficient, and of course for my own personal space restraints not allowing me to go 'all out,' like D does.

Of course, everything I am thinking of is theoretical, hasn't really been tested so I may fail in which case I would just move closer to D's system and live and learn. If I could make some slight improvements I would be happy to contribute so. My mindset is efficiency and simplicity, which is not exactly 'being cheap,' I know D's mindset is "all out" and "go large" and "don't skimp."

For example, if you get good results with a 2000 gph pump, could you get the same results with a 1500 gph pump? How about a 1000gph. Would a 3000 be better even?

This is an example of a type of tweak or modification which I hope to zero in with this system.

A few specifics, I am considering trying to replicate this system using only 1 pump (including chiller), and basically trying to have gravity do a lot of the work. I am working on alternatives to the connectors to actually connect the tubing to the tubs/buckets making this area foolproof. Finally, I hope to run my test nearly exclusively using induction lighting, to see if this type of lighting is effective at growing.

I'll definitely make a thread here in the next few days to start documenting my trial run, just waiting for the lights to get shipped to me now, I have some babies in a cloner waiting to be moved.

-Regards and peace

L

Lost

The bigger the pump the better imo. Im running a 1100 gph pump to supply 4 tubs, not including the 500 gph chiler pump. I think I could easily run a 2000 gph pump and be fine. My previous system has a little less than 500 gph pushed thru each tub daisy chained and I can say much more water was moving with that system but, the dd's setup is much better, you just need big pumps. I would say that 300-350 gph flow per tub is where too shoot :)

L

Lost

Also I run 2 1 3/4 OD 1 1/4 ID drains, much much bigger that dd's. Its overkill but overflood protection :)

L

Lost

i think the air pump is key too, im using a 110liter per min for 5 buckets, the flowrate matters but i would say having a rolling boil in your bottom buckets is just as if not more important.

Totally agree with the rolling boil, hahah :)

B

bakershredhead

Ya if your drains can handle it I don't think it's possible to have to much flow. I've seen some sump pumps safe for plants at Lowes that are 3500gph. I almost was gonna switch up but I'm pretty sure the 1800gph for five tubs is fine. Also Square what is "induction" lighting?

squarepusher

squarepusher

Also Square what is "induction" lighting?

A while back I came across some info, its lights that claim to replicate a 1000W HPS with 300W light, and also run at nearly room temperature. Yes, there have been little actual verification as to his claim, of performance, so I am planning to do a test run to see for myself if its fact or fiction.

Essentially, the concept is the lights run at 2.5 Mghz, where HPS lights are no where near that. The claim is plants only absorb about 15% of HPS light, but over 75% of induction light (hence the lower wattage being more effective),

So, well see, my main interest is lowering my electricity bills, and this would also save the need for an air conditioner.

-Squarepusher

Top Bottom